BMT Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I need one of yours!

Thanks!

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a drilling, but I have a nice Savage 2400/Valmet O/U in 12ga and 308. It would take monometal bullets and shoot healthy bizmuth loads. Health has me scaling down my guns and boats. I love the gun but can't see it getting hunted here anymore. I have several sets of scope mounts for it that work well as repeatable QDs. You could mount one low power for turkey and hogs and a higher power for deer etc. in open country. These are very accurate and have a floating barrel design that is only mildly heat sensitive.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
BMT Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
PM sent

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Answered

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
BMT Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
So . . .

This is the problem that I am having.

1-Thank you guys for all of the help and/or crushing of my idea (LOL).

2-The Luftwaffe Drilling had one Shotgun barrel regulated to the rifle barrel and was suitable for slugs.

3-This would allow a second shot on hogs and a backup on turkeys (both with range limitations)

4-That gun may only exist in my dreams. Especially one that can use non-lead ammo.

5-I do not hunt birds or deer. So a nice grouse/deer gun is silly. I have owned all sorts of guns for decades. Chased pheasants ONCE and deer maybe five times. Despite plenty of tools for the purpose.

6-Reality can be a pain.

Sigh . . . . . ..

Last edited by BMT; 08/21/23.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Luftwaffe drilling is chambered for 65mm 12 ga ammo.

The Savage 2400/Valmets are strong guns for modern loads, and the rifle and shotgun barrels can be regulated to shoot the same place. The rifle barrel has windeage and elevation adjustments to get it shooting to the iron sights or where the shotgun barrel prints with slugs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
BMT Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
PM sent

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
And the regulation system on Valmets that have it works darn good.

RAS

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BMT
Something basic, like the Colt/Sauer 12x12x30-06.

Off topic interjection: I owned 3 drillings along with some other similar grade stuff when I was very much younger. The notion of "basic drilling" brings to mind "basic Maserati". The two words don't go together except as opposites.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have a Simpson 12x12 .30-06 w two scopes and claw mounts.

If you are interested.

~J.O.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I PM you a link to a candidate. wink

B
BMT Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jfo4
I have a Simpson 12x12 .30-06 w two scopes and claw mounts.

If you are interested.

~J.O.

Thank you.

And thank you to all who helped with this thread. The support and information is greatly appreciated.

I have abandoned this fantasy/dream. My hunting options and needs do not match the benefits of a drilling.

Heartfelt thanks to all who helped me avoid an expensive (and possibly dangerous) mistake.

BMT

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.