Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brownpapabear
Not going to discuss this on a public forum.

Ooh secret squirrel stuff…

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a cousin who was a SEAL. Worst part about he was Army Infantry for 4 years before going over to the Sleep Eat And Lift. Honestly I don't know him that well since he was about 3 years older than I am and lived in town growing up so I'd only see him a handful of times each year.

We had a SEAL attached to us for a while in Afghanistan (2 months maybe?) and a bunch of them came and stayed out at our BCP for a couple of weeks. The only one I got to know very well was the one attached to us.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

I was in the Navy just after 9/11 and I only ever saw maybe 30 SEALs together in one place - 1 time. Training deal I got to be part of. That was it. So about 12 hours out of 4 years, 3 months and 17 days - I can say I saw more than 5 together at one point.

Thank you for your service, Teal.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by renegade50
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...
There was probably 15 guys from the 101st alone in my commo class.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The old wildlife trooper here used to be a seal. Complete a-hole by most of the stories I have heard.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I know a reservist seal. Does that count?

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by dodgefan
No Seals...
There was probably 15 guys from the 101st alone in my commo class.
18E?

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

OK, before I blast you, have you ever lived near Little creek or Coronado?

Next, I’m shocked that you say most are good family men, when the acknowledged divorce rate for SeALS is like 80%. Of course, it could be the wives having all the affairs…

So, I think you’d do yourself a favor by explaining how you made all your SeAL contacts. You could give us a good story. I’m giving the opportunity ….

I know SF live in their own world. I was at Lewis and Carson we saw green berets but they do/did not generally associate with conventional Army guys. Would they answer dumb ass question sure they would. But you were not going to get invited to a backyard SF bbq. So for a guy to say he knows 30 navy seals is quite the accomplishment, for them to allow him in their world.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

He probably gives five of them free hunts each year.

And follows the Texas rule of “multiply by six”

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
We had a ton of seals on the boat (submarine), hell every hull piercing had two seals. 😁

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No Seals...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

C'mon man, seriously?

He probably gives five of them free hunts each year.

And follows the Texas rule of “multiply by six”

LOL

I think he's just confused "guys in the Navy" with actual SEALS.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I am friends with one retired SEAL.

Solid family man--wife, three kids. His oldest is ROTC right now. Works in the medical industry.

He was pre-9/11.

He was "Bullet-Proof" (lots of action--never got hit). He was not "Rock-Proof", however.

On a parachute drop, the wind took him into some rocks and severely inured his back.

He deals with that and severe tinnitus now.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 09/11/23.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I do not know any, though I chewed some of the same ground with some many years ago! Our current Congressman in the 3rd district was a Seal, Van Orden! Seems like a squared away dude! I take that back, one of my mentors on Ski Patrol years ago in Winter Park, Co was a Seal, Viet Nam! His name was Lloyd!

Last edited by troublesome82; 09/11/23. Reason: wording
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A good friend of ours has 4 sons…1 is a SEAL, 1 is a SWCC boat driver, 1 (2nd youngest) texted us 2 weeks ago and told us that he had his BUD/S assignment. The 2nd youngest has been training for this and it’s all those 3 boys wanted to do since they were young. The youngest boy has Downs Syndrome and will require full time care for his entire life. The juxtaposition of 3 men from the same family that are the epitome of the self-sufficient warrior and their youngest brother is the epitome of the sweet kid with Downs that will rely on others for his everyday needs.

I’ve “known” 1 other SEAL in my life (that I know of). He attends our church when he’s in town visiting .. he’s given small group “talks” at church and once spent an hour and a half talking about his story. That was one of the fastest 1.5 hours I’ve ever experienced. I was wearing a T-Shirt he’d given me in Disneyland years ago when another guy came up to me and introduced himself. He is the neighbor of the SEAL in San Clemente or wherever and we struck up a conversation….it’s a small world sometimes.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I never got to know any SEALs of AF PJs but I did drop them for training. We dropped SF too. SEALs were a different breed in my association with them. They were nice guys but there was something about them that was kind of like LE dogs. They wag their tail but you know they can FUBAR you PDQ.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No Seals...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.

SFAS was all SF tabbed guys. There are officers in charge of it, but the actual course is run by the NCOs. There might of been officers at the graduation, but I honestly don't remember.

I never tried for the SMU stuff so can't comment on that.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No Seals...

Oh there is a world of difference between having the Ranger Tab (ranger qualified) and just having the Scroll ie being in Bn.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dodgefan
No Seals...

SFAS was all SF tabbed guys. There are officers in charge of it, but the actual course is run by the NCOs. There might of been officers at the graduation, but I honestly don't remember.

I never tried for the SMU stuff so can't comment on that.

And to be fair - I don't know what he meant by "oversaw" either. That's kinda vague. Approve expense reports or in the woods with NODs? both sort of fit the definition lol.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LOL

C'mon man, seriously?

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Rio hosts hunts on his extensive ranch for disabled vets amongst others.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,596
Posts18,511,323
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.