Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Tried to find contact info, what’s best way to talk if I don’t do Facebook?

Same folks I assume JM?

https://outkastarms.com/

Last edited by beretzs; 09/15/23.

Semper Fi
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by beretzs

Same folks I assume JM?

https://outkastarms.com/

Thanks! Just hit me I was searching outcast not outkast.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No problem buddy.

Semper Fi
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Nice rifle, ilikeguns! Congrats. Thanks for sharing this.

This stock bedded and installed on whatever you like for $750? How is this not a game changer?

You are absolutely right, it is a game changer.

Glenn and Richard do awesome work.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Email is outkastarms22gmail.com Shop phone# is 304-292-0600.

Glenn
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Outkast just built this Kimber for me. They converted a Kimber 84M 308 to a 450 Bushmaster. They rebarreled it and bedded it into one of their stocks which converted it from a detachable mag to a blind one, which is what I wanted. They are master craftsmen. They work with you to build what you want and are just good guys. They also shoot, hunt, and understand firearms.

This rig weighs 5 lbs 12 ozs with the scope and rings. I picked it up this week and plan on shooting it tomorrow.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Lookin' good Sir! Let me know how it works on those bears.

Glenn
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Bearded hillbilly your pm is full.

Hal

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Outlast

The copper camo is intriguing.
Do you still full length bed the barrel.
Your rifles still look more like the original NULA rifles than what the new owner's "improved" NULA rifles do,thank goodness.
Keep up the good work.

Hal

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
HalH-

Talked to a gent who just had several converted on barrels, stocks, etc.......His targets at 100 yds were very impressive. He also said the gentleman ( I'll not mentioned his name ) that has done the stock work for many years in Melvin's shop is still doing all the stocks, bedding, etc.... I'll bet they are still done " the Melvin way ". Really happy to see that Glenn has taken it to another level with all the innovative stock designs. JMOP

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by HalH
Bearded hillbilly your pm is full.

Hal

I don’t think I have enough messages to be able to pm yet. I am not really sure how all that works. If you have questions let me know and I will get you other contact information.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by HalH
Outlast

The copper camo is intriguing.
Do you still full length bed the barrel.
Your rifles still look more like the original NULA rifles than what the new owner's "improved" NULA rifles do,thank goodness.
Keep up the good work.

Hal
We do full length bed. We will also free float if requested. But that kind of negates the magic of a super stiff stock.
Thanks for the question.

Glenn
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Razorhog
HalH-

Talked to a gent who just had several converted on barrels, stocks, etc.......His targets at 100 yds were very impressive. He also said the gentleman ( I'll not mentioned his name ) that has done the stock work for many years in Melvin's shop is still doing all the stocks, bedding, etc.... I'll bet they are still done " the Melvin way ". Really happy to see that Glenn has taken it to another level with all the innovative stock designs. JMOP

Richard has been in this shop for 23 years, before that He did composites for the army, airframes, that kind of stuff. We can only hope to live up to Melvin's expectations! He is a giant in my eyes!
Thanks for the question.

Glenn
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bearded_hillbilly

Outkast just built this Kimber for me. They converted a Kimber 84M 308 to a 450 Bushmaster. They rebarreled it and bedded it into one of their stocks which converted it from a detachable mag to a blind one, which is what I wanted. They are master craftsmen. They work with you to build what you want and are just good guys. They also shoot, hunt, and understand firearms.

This rig weighs 5 lbs 12 ozs with the scope and rings. I picked it up this week and plan on shooting it tomorrow.

I’m assuming this rifle started out as a hunter model. Very cool! This seems like a much better idea than ordering a Wilson rifle. To me anyway. You can have any chambering any barrel length and deal with a small shop.

A 1-7” 16.5” 22 creedmoor would be pretty handy.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Kaleb

I’m assuming this rifle started out as a hunter model. Very cool! This seems like a much better idea than ordering a Wilson rifle. To me anyway. You can have any chambering any barrel length and deal with a small shop.

You are correct, it was a Hunter. And you are also right about having any chambering, twist, and barrel length you want. It feels very much like a NULA which I like very much. The hard part is deciding what I want them to build for me next…….LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kaleb

After seeing this, I wish I had been faster on the draw with that hunter 308 in the classifieds last week!

That’s NICE.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Do you offer the stocks as blanks - as they leave the mold?
Is the stock for Sako A2 bdl?

Last edited by bigJ; 09/17/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I wanted to share this with you all.

I went to the range today and shot the Outkast rebuilt Kimber in 450 Bushmaster. She really likes factory Hornady Custom 250 gr. FTX’s. I am very pleased with the accuracy and I don’t think I am going to even mess around with hand loads. I think this will make a fine bear rifle and Ohio deer gun. These were the norm for 3 shots at 100 yards. The nickel is for size reference, I haven’t measured them yet.

Glenn and Richard built an awesome rifle and I am really excited about it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
great target, its tough to argue with results like that. i bet your glad i was able to talk you into doing the 450bm now huh lol, thanks for sharing it buddy

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by bigJ
Do you offer the stocks as blanks - as they leave the mold?
Is the stock for Sako A2 bdl?

I am sorry, We do not. The stock for the Sako can be built bdl.

Last edited by OutKastActual; 09/18/23.

Glenn
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.