-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prefer the Kryptonite brush with the jet powered bore guide & nuclear cleaning rod myself. [Linked Image] badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah,yeah,yeah,<BR>And a frosty Lion to dip the brush in when the bore is clean!!!<BR>I gotta ask.My bud Rick in S.A. has fits finding good gear and is limited to Somchem powders for loading.Did you have fits of euphoria for your first months here in the states with all that is available??<BR>You Boers make good Yanks cuz ya know what what you AREN'T missing!<BR>BOK NAII!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Remove the mechanical variables,and then you can only blame yourself!<BR>http://home.intekom.com/upfront/cost.htm

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WWChamplain,<P> S/S bore brush? HUH? <P> Why don't you slap some 80 Grit sand paper on the end of your cleaning rod? You can get that Molly out then and you will have the added benefit of getting rid of those pesky groves that you have in your barrel. [Linked Image] <P> You should be able to get some astronomical velocities out of it then. [Linked Image]<P> Paul

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E4E,<BR>Am still in a state of euphoria after 15 years here. Was reminded just how euphoric I need to be when I vacationed in South Africa last May. Its not so much the prices (they are a little higher for the important things like guns etc) but the lack of selection, the long wait to get what you ordered IF it ever comes, the red tape bull**** even to buy ammo. Darn right I appreciate things here. Now if we can just get Castles a little easier [Linked Image] VRYSTAAT!!!!! <BR>badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
JB Bore cleaner? Use it to lapp my barrels, oh ya no abrasive there. Next time some of you go to the shooti'n shop, pick up a s/s brush and a bore scope. I'm deaf to guys with paper a** holes.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WWChamplain,<P> What in the hell are you talking about?<P> Make some sence man.<P> Paul

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ohhh Yoo Hooooo......<P>WWCody/Boyd/whatever......<P>Guess what, you're busted!!<P>Have a nice day MATE.<P>(sic) CHOW!<P>badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Badger-<BR> <BR> WWChamplain is NOT your infamous Cody. <P>Paul

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Settle down there Walukewicz or I'll be advocating to your old lady that your retirement be in Maryland, you can be closer to the in-laws and it'll be great to visit you for a white tail hunt every other year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WWChamplain,<P> Hey Numb nuts, You really aught not let your ass over run your mouth. These guy's have some good info and are willing to share as long as you don't insult them. Why don't you try to explain what you were talking about with the s/s brush and the JB bore cleaner I.e. how you clean your rifle with the s/s brush.<P> Oh, if you tell my wife that I want to retire in Baltimore I will find your ex and drop her off at your house for ya.<P> See ya in May!!<P> Paul

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK Paul,<P>Guess I jumped the gun here. <P>WW, maybe you've got the message? Your abrasive manner tends to get things started off on the wrong foot, so to speak. Perhaps if you tone things down a little, the responses would be a little less caustic. Please explain the S/S bore brush thing as well. <P>Better to stay silent and for people to think you're a fool, than to speak and have them know it. badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Ok Badger but it won't be long winded.<BR>S/S bore brush 2passes 1 in 1 out. Puff of gray dust each time (good) no dust-molly is oil cont. once you have broken the surface of the molly it's all she wrote, clean with patch and nitro (copper solv. $$$ not necessary) JB occasionally, def. not every time. Test: take clean rifle and 3 patches, apply JB to 2, one clean, run 1 JB through bore follow up with clean patch. Now compare all 3 ? why is the once clean patch blacker than both JB patches, and from a clean gun ? Because the once clean patch is now covered in micro. particles of your gun barell. ie: you're removing metal! other small fact, s/s brushes don't fit as tight as the brass ones yall are used to, s/s has a bad rep. and it's mostly urban ledgend type stuff. <P>And don't pay any attention to walukewicz, he's always been ****ed cause I have prettier guns. (it's been evident since the time he took my Wetherby shot gun by the barell and tried to drive a 10" spike into a pole with it, if any of you ever end up on a hunt with him, for Gods sake don't let him near your gun)

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Champlain,<BR>JB IS an abrasive,that is the point of it.<BR>However it does NOT cut steel as it is too soft to do so,therefore bore damage will not result.<BR>Perchance you do get your hands on a borescope do a before and after in the bore of your favorite rifle and take a look at the scratches that SS brushes leave in their wake.<BR>The rare earth cleaners like JB,Rem bore cleaner,Iosso,and the stuff from Corbin are widely used by the benchrest community in barrels that are the most accurate in the world because they have been proven to be safe and effective.The same cannot be said of SS bore brushes.<BR>As for paper a**holes....<BR>Bud you have a funny way of debating a topic and I do not appreciate it one bit.<BR>Back up your ideas with information to support them,not pointless juvenile personal attacks.<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Remove the mechanical variables,and then you can only blame yourself!<BR>http://home.intekom.com/upfront/cost.htm

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
E4E, Find a company or lab in your area that does oil analysis or similar, take a patch that has been run through the bore with JB to them and ask to have it analyzed, I think you will be suprised.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WWChamplain,<P> Hey that shotgun thing was YOUR fault. You gave it to me. [Linked Image] We both know that my guns are better than your guns.<P> Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ive used moly and have found it to reduce copper fouling.But I worry about the crap down the tube I cant get out.A good SS barrel that has been broken in right is never that hard to get clean.The best information ive seen on the subject are articles written by Dan Lilja.He does not like moly at all.Im not going to argue with one of the top barrel makers in the country that owns his own borescope.His web sight is riflebarrels.com<BR>be safe dave7mm

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.