Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got in several orders all at the same time. These and about 30 used traps that I bought off of here that are soaking in vinegar/water.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image online

CK
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
4 boxes all over 40 lbs

CK
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Last coupla times I used spray oven cleaner
from the dollar store. Lay em out on the driveway
and squirt em down. Takes everything off
really nice real quick. Rinse off and proceed.
Gets any oil drips off the concrete at the same
time
Good Luck

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
After you use those NoBS K9s you wont wanna use anything else. Started with 6 and now have 3 dozen of the Jrs a dozen of the Regular, and 2.5 dozen of the wire lever Jrs. The wire levers have rapidly become my favorite trap for Mark Zagger style hammer bedding with wire screen and haylage cover. They are IMO the best designed canine trap, ready out of the box and I love the trap coating. My multiple dozen MB 550s and Bridger #2 dogless are getting very little use anymore.

My delivery guys only get mad when I get the yearly bait and lure stinky delivery!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Mark, I’ll have to look into the K9 jr wire lever. I have a couple MB650 that I just bought used and they suck at this point. I am having trouble getting them set with the correct pan tension but they are dirty and I haven’t messed with them much. They were part of the 30 used traps I just bought.

It has been over 30 years since I set a foothold trap other than dogless for coon. I have high hopes this year.

CK
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got shocks, swivels and anchors installed on the Duke Pro 550/650. Going to degrease tomorrow night and they go to the powder coated Friday.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

CK
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Mark, I’ll have to look into the K9 jr wire lever. I have a couple MB650 that I just bought used and they suck at this point. I am having trouble getting them set with the correct pan tension but they are dirty and I haven’t messed with them much. They were part of the 30 used traps I just bought.

It has been over 30 years since I set a foothold trap other than dogless for coon. I have high hopes this year.

I honestly dont think I will buy any more canine traps again other than the NoBS. They are pricey but the design and and the fact they are coated from the factory and require no prep other than boiling to remove scent makes it worth it to me. The precut pan screen they sell is also coated and blends right in with a light grass clipping/haylage cover. The wire levers leave little to freeze down also. I pretty much do nothing but the Zagger style hammer bedding/ grass cover or fine chopped leaves in the woods anymore with the Pipe Dream style as well as flat and a few dirt hole sets and I can get sets in quick and move on.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Mark, you talked me into it. I have 2 dozen of the jr’s wire levers coming.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Luv those NO BS traps….I have several Beaver Xtremes which have held both wolverine and wolf. No fiddling with them. Set them straight out of the box. I don’t even mess with scent control on them.

They’re STRONG.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I now have 3 dozen of the No BS and had to adjust every one of them to make the pan level. No big deal but the Duke 550/650 PRO, didn’t have to touch them out of the box.

CK
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That is odd. I have not had that experience with NO BS.

I did have one that I needed to file the pan catch down a bit on as the trap wouldn’t fire even with the pan completely down, but that was it and it was an isolated issue.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The pan on every one of them was setting high after the night latch was engaged. Yay had to loosen the bolt and tap the pan assembly a 1/8” or so and they were level. They were consistent.

My biggest concern is that I was putting the super stakes earth anchors on and noticed a crack where the chain attaches. Did a quick look and found several more. I contacted the supplier and they are going to send me replacements as soon as go through all of them and get a count. Just frustrated that I’m going to be cutting j-hooks off to replace.

CK
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bet the lady at my post office likes me even less. When I skunk quill to make my marten lure the post office reeks...

She calls me first thing in the morning to come get my mail!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by trapperJ
I bet the lady at my post office likes me even less. When I skunk quill to make my marten lure the post office reeks...

She calls me first thing in the morning to come get my mail!

I was lucky, my lure shipment came UPS. I have never had them deliver so early in the day.

CK
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Update: contacted Irontrail about the super stakes having a crack and was willing to provide pics. Luke at Irontrail asked how many, I told him 8 out of the same dozen stakes. I had a tracking number for a new dozen in 15 mins.

Shout out to customer service not seen much anymore.

CK
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I love my K9 xtremes. I’m sure you will too!

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Update: contacted Irontrail about the super stakes having a crack and was willing to provide pics. Luke at Irontrail asked how many, I told him 8 out of the same dozen stakes. I had a tracking number for a new dozen in 15 mins.

If the super stakes continue to crack, stainless fender washer anchors are cheap and I've never had one fail or pull out in 25 or so years in Pettis, Benton, Saline and Johnson counties. A J-hook and a few cents for a fender washer. Easie-Peasie.
All that I use on cable-restraints and dog proofs.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog

If the super stakes continue to crack, stainless fender washer anchors are cheap and I've never had one fail or pull out in 25 or so years in Pettis, Benton, Saline and Johnson counties. A J-hook and a few cents for a fender washer. Easie-Peasie.

How do you drive them in? Is this a Po-Go basically?

CK
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog

How do you drive them in? Is this a Po-Go basically?

Yes, I bought a length of 1/2" cold rolled, split one end about 1 1/4" with a hacksaw with two blades side by side, filed the groves for the J-hook with a chainsaw file and welded a 1" pipe T-handle leaving about 3" sticking out the top. Sounds like more work than it really was. Made two and still haven't had to use the spare. You will want to make a puller too. It's amazing how much holding power they have.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My biggest concern is that I was putting the super stakes earth anchors on and noticed a crack where the chain attaches. Did a quick look and found several more. I contacted the supplier and they are going to send me replacements as soon as go through all of them and get a count. Just frustrated that I’m going to be cutting j-hooks off to replace.

Sorry to hear of that.
Never used any of those.
Had Berkshire's that I didn't like, and neighbor showed
the chained Wolf Fangs, and that's what I have now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a lot of work and expense to catch $5 coyotes.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I’m not doing it for the money. I enjoy it and helps keep them in check. Hopefully better turkey and deer numbers.

CK
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.