Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
So would this make the Aboriginals independent of Australian governance? Is it separate but equal?

I don't know much about the politics in Australia, admittedly.

Just the same as the rest of us, no better and no worse...with the same representation.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
So would this make the Aboriginals independent of Australian governance? Is it separate but equal?

Not really, we are basically all Australians. The aboriginals do have claim to land areas that are of cultural significance historically and currently.

They do have groups that are marginalised and have worse life outcomes than the majority. There is some blame that this is due to white settlement but I think this is over-reach blame of what the real issues are.

There is ongoing political talk of reconcilliation but I don't even know what this means. It's a warm and fuzzy buzzword that politicians like to use to gain votes from those who like this sort of thing. Most people don't see relevence or association with actions made by those in the distant past, and just want to get on with it.

It seems that the more militant minority aboriginal groups are driving the racism but not the majority that are level headed and wanting to fix up the problems properly.

It's interesting to note that these minority groups are focussed around the larger populated urban areas and removed from the bulk of whom they falsely represent.

There are problems but, as evidenced by the large diverse cultural make up of Australian population, we are not a racist country.

That's my take on the situation.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Albanese should have done a referendum on his immigration policy, 200k immigrants per annum in a housing and infrastructure crisis, the co*ckhead.

Yeah, given the current financial issues, it's hard to fathom what is going on in that clown's head, and what his real intents are. Like they predicted, it isn't easy with Albanese at the helm.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I believe that the polls showed that approximately 39% of the Australian voting population are complete f'wits.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 10/15/23.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I believe that the polls showed that approximately 39% of the Australian voting population are complete f'wits.

Why.

IC B2

L
L
I grew up in north SA, my dad spent the majority of his career working in the APY lands as a police officer devoted to helping the community out. even came out of retirement to work with the election in central aus the last few months to help out again. Dad and his colleague are well respected members of the indigenous community who’ve been there and seen it all and they disagreed with the voice because they’ve seen first hand how the money from the politics and activists gets squandered and nothing will change, so I went with them on the no. Long winded post but yeah cheers

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Just the same as the rest of us, no better and no worse...with the same representation.

Not really, we are basically all Australians. The aboriginals do have claim to land areas that are of cultural significance historically and currently.

They do have groups that are marginalised and have worse life outcomes than the majority. There is some blame that this is due to white settlement but I think this is over-reach blame of what the real issues are.

There is ongoing political talk of reconcilliation but I don't even know what this means. It's a warm and fuzzy buzzword that politicians like to use to gain votes from those who like this sort of thing. Most people don't see relevence or association with actions made by those in the distant past, and just want to get on with it.

It seems that the more militant minority aboriginal groups are driving the racism but not the majority that are level headed and wanting to fix up the problems properly.

It's interesting to note that these minority groups are focussed around the larger populated urban areas and removed from the bulk of whom they falsely represent.

There are problems but, as evidenced by the large diverse cultural make up of Australian population, we are not a racist country.

That's my take on the situation.

Thank you both, this gives me a little more perspective than what I previously had.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Why.
JSTUPID, It's good that you ask questions, rather than give your opinion on anything, but it's extremely doubtful that you would properly understand the answer. Perhaps on a different note you could explain what appears to be blatant attempts at ass licking (Big Stick and 35Sambar) when at first, you appeared to be a complete [bleep] to 35Sambar when he started posting those excellent deer hunting pictures?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Why.
JSTUPID, It's good that you ask questions, rather than give your opinion on anything, but it's extremely doubtful that you would properly understand the answer. Perhaps on a different note you could explain what appears to be blatant attempts at ass licking (Big Stick and 35Sambar) when at first, you appeared to be a complete [bleep] to 35Sambar when he started posting those excellent deer hunting pictures?

So as usual you have nothing and cover it by being full of shit.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Why.

So as usual you have nothing and cover it by being full of shit.
You need to stop being such a foul-mouthed POS, and stop blaming everyone else except yourself for your low socio/economic position in life ("land of milk and honey for some...").

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You need to stop being such a foul-mouthed POS, and stop blaming everyone else except yourself for your low socio/economic position in life.

You sound a lot like slurpee...and I have over three hundred thousand in my bank account, own all my vehicles outright, and own my home.

Have a nice day pussy.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/15/23.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You need to stop being such a foul-mouthed POS, and stop blaming everyone else except yourself for your low socio/economic position in life.

You sound a lot like slurpee...and I have over three hundred thousand in my bank account, own all my vehicles outright, and own my home.

Have a nice day.
Sure you have. Then why are half your posts complaining about how you can't afford a decent gun or that life's been so bad to you? Doesn't add up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These are my other accounts.

[Linked Image]

These rifles are most definitely not rubbish.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My loading gear is good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This Rav4 Hybrid is paid for.

[Linked Image]

This diesel Toyota Hilux is paid for.

[Linked Image]

I have been married to my wife for almost 40 years...and she can really cook!

My Daughter has about a year to go in her teaching degree.

We are currently working on my house in preparation for selling it so as to move to either Ararat in Victoria, or Tasmania...whichever...because I want to.

My name is James Stuart and I live in Hay NSW Australia.

Honestly...my life really is excellent!

And as usual...you are full of shit.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh, and...pussy!

I pick my teeth with this.

[Linked Image]

...because the others are in the drawer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And for future reference pussy...these fora are full of haves that quietly go about their own business without feeling the need to bluster and bullshit with pretend.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Last but not least pussy...I have less than nine years to retirement benefits and a super pay out.

After which I fully intend spending the remainder of my time trout fishing and hunting deer as the whim takes me.

So yes...I can quite literally move to where the trout and deer are, AND sit on my arse hunting and fishing 'til retirement.

Life is fucking GREAT!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
These are my other accounts.

[Linked Image]

These rifles are most definitely not rubbish.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My loading gear is good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This Rav4 Hybrid is paid for.

[Linked Image]

This diesel Toyota Hilux is paid for.

[Linked Image]

I have been married to my wife for almost 40 years...and she can really cook!

My Daughter has about a year to go in her teaching degree.

We are currently working on my house in preparation for selling it so as to move to either Ararat in Victoria, or Tasmania...whichever...because I want to.

My name is James Stuart and I live in Hay NSW Australia.

Honestly...my life really is excellent!

And as usual...you are full of shit.

Awesome Diesel Hilux

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Awesome Diesel Hilux

It is a SR5...auto, diff locks, canopy...and dead nuts reliable.

Took it to Tassie earlier this year and it was a breeze in the mountains, far more get up and go than I need.

Pic from Tassie trip.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/15/23.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sure you have. Then why are half your posts complaining about how you can't afford a decent gun or that life's been so bad to you? Doesn't add up.

You are always going to be a bit of a bitch aren't you...you Pusillanimous little turd.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for showing everyone what a complete loser you are! Your "achievements" are so insignificant, yet you're so proud of them...laughin! Why don't you get rid of those heavy, obsolete pieces of junk that you have the scopes mounted too high on, and buy yourself some good hunting rifles? You also demonstrated to everyone that there's something really wrong with your head, to respond the way you did. Hope you get your "problem" checked out.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,477,994
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.