Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
One of the guys on Matt's Off-Road Recovery has one and it seems to be pretty capable.

After numerous upgrades.

Front end is built a little light me thinks.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the guys on Matt's Off-Road Recovery has one and it seems to be pretty capable.

After numerous upgrades.

Most guys who are serious off-road 4x4ers upgrade from the factory specs, just like a lot of serious shooters upgrade from the factory specs. I didn't buy over 70 McM stocks just 'cause.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by PatB
SIL bought one.. First impression from me is it's a POS... And that hasn't changed

Why is that? Basis?

I concur, POS.

What new equivalent vehicle would you suggest? A Toyota...

I really don't like any of the new offerings. The problem with the new Bronco's is that is just poor quality even in the Raptor form. A lot of weakness built into them. Even the base line JL's are more capable then the base line Broncos.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

After numerous upgrades.

Most guys who are serious off-road 4x4ers upgrade from the factory specs, just like a lot of serious shooters upgrade from the factory specs. I didn't buy over 70 McM stocks just 'cause.

Yeah. No one doing serious stuff is doing it on a base anything. I've got a lot of offroad miles on my 21 Bronco and have spent a lot of time with 7-8 other off road Broncos. One had a fuel pump failure on the trail, which sucked getting it out, but fuel pumps go out in anything. Spend time on some serious trails and you will see failures of all kinds on every make and model. It's as reliable as any new vehicle these days. Computers suck, but if you buy new, they all have them.

I've upgraded my suspension, but I've done that in every 4WD I've owned, and upgraded the steering rack and tie rods, as well as carry a spare. Put stronger rear gate supports on to handle the wear and tear of off road, and done a few other things for personal taste.

I'd put a few miles on one before claiming it's a POS, but I guess it all depends on what you are after. If you are looking for Lexus comfort, you aren't going to find it in a Bronco. Most of the issues have been from running 37s or larger with minimal changes from stock, which should tell you right there how capable it is from the get go. Try putting 37s on just about anything else stock and see how it goes.

Bottom line, it's a lot of fun off road, but it's also capable of making cross country trips enjoyable.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,091
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.