Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Like most things technology has a lot of my stuff old school. That pump up made in Racine, WI. Silver Streak looks good on the outside, but the valves don't hold air any longer. It was great rifle in my youth, but I've since discovered Aguila Super Colibri and CCI Quiet Segmented HP .22 LR ammunition that kills as well or better than that .20 caliber Sheridan with the equivalent noise level.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a blue streak fixed up and it was well worth it to me.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes there is a guy in north Carolina who fixes them. Tmac I think is the name of the place.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
One of the finest airguns ever made in my humble opinion. An heirloom. Send it to Dennis Baker at Baker Airguns and he'll get it up and killing squirrels for you again.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I had two fixed, kept one and sold the other. Perfect for keeping intruders out of the hen pen. Tmac took forever. Baker Airguns was much better experience.
There are kits and diy videos too.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I did mine and it wasn't hard. Had to buy the two tools though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Put a couple drops of oil on the seal and see if it doesn't come around.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kenacp
I did mine and it wasn't hard. Had to buy the two tools though.

I agree that's it's not a huge job. They're great guns, I've just gotten too old and lazy to pump them up.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
That Sheridan was top of line back in the day. Nice gun. I would get it fixed.
But like Timbo, I'm to old and lazy to pump it up. A long barrel single shot 22 with CB caps gets the job done on critters around the house for me now. Its no louder than a pellet gun and no pumping involved.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That old Sheridan fed the cat for years on breast of blackbird and occupied me for days down the basement cranking through those 500 pellet cans of pellets. To say nothing of what it did for a kid's developing shoulders pumping that thing. Those original Sheridan pellets weren't the hot set up for instant kills and finding Crow Magnum pellets really grew up that rifle on anything bigger than a black bird. My buddy got a skunk with his Blue Streak albeit badly as it turned out. Even as a grownup living in my old house, the kids would open the door and a mouse would run in with them. Two pumps and a pellet was my mouse load when I caught them under the couch. Something to be said for variable power from 2 to 10 pumps. I should rebuild it for nostalgia and the great memories growing up with that pellet rifle.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Now you're talkin'! I always liked the original Sheridan cylindrical pellets, always got good penetration with them. I remember when I was 10 or 12 stalking the woodlot and taking a shot at what I thought was a red squirrel sitting in the crotch of a big oak tree. It turned out to be the head of a big 'ol coon! It stood up on its hing legs and toppled out to the ground, stone cold dead. Surprised the heck out of both of us! shocked

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I just got my 1965 Blue Streak back from Henry Ford in Myrtle Beach, S.C. It had quit pumping up and Mr. Ford had it back to me in less than a week. I had bought it in '65 or '66, when I was 13 or 14. Now 71, and I am so excited to get it going again. Been getting it sighted in. Do yourself a favor and get it fixed! Or sell it to me cheap!

Steve

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Someone gave me a Silver Streak and I think it could be bettered with a good "going over" and likely new seals. Anyone do that close to Tennessee?

Not so sure it is anywhere close to precise as my "budget" PCPs, but then we are comparing open sights to scoped guns also!

Anyone make a .20/5mm to .177 or .22 conversion?

Worth the effort?

Last edited by LouisB; 10/10/23. Reason: added info

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Anyone make a .20/5mm to .177 or .22 conversion?
Why?

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Use some of the pellets I already have

As in A LOT

~ MOLON LABE ~
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Use some of the pellets I already have

As in A LOT

~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I haven't sourced .20 caliber pellets in years and I'm wondering if they still make them? You know thinking about what pumping that Sheridan did for my young shoulders, I'll bet it wouldn't be a bad thing for my old shoulders now days either. It has just been too easy to reach for the .22 rim fire instead. Finding a peep sight for that Sheridan just about doubled the sighting radius and sure made pumping it easier than when I had a scope on it. A coon with that pellet rifle would be a real trophy. I remember one crow that I gunned from my bedroom window with one of those original Sheridan pellets. The darn thing flew off and made it a block away when it all of a sudden just fell out of the sky onto a neighbor's roof. That was back in the days when that West Nile virus was getting lots of publicity and I'm sure that bird's demise was more suspect than from an adolescent with a pellet gun. I sure hope that no one did a necropsy.

My other auto is a .45

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
They do still make 5mm pellets, but nobody makes the classic Sheridan style/shape ones anymore that I'm aware of.

https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo/pellets?calibers=0_2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by zcm82
They do still make 5mm pellets, but nobody makes the classic Sheridan style/shape ones anymore that I'm aware of.

https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo/pellets?calibers=0_2
Benjamin makes one close to the old sheridan

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.