-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even when the law does not specifically allow it, I believe you'll find that most LE won't take issue with it if it's done safely.

Comforting

GOA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I'll try to find it but I saw a YouTube video a few weeks ago of a group of bikers yelling at a couple for walking on a bike trail. They were pissed that they had to slow down to avoid them. I found that ironic.

Most of my riding here in NOLA is on dedicated multi-use paths. I encounter a lot of pedestrians and kids on bicycles. I pass them the way I like to be passed by motorists when I am on the road. Safely and courteously.

The bad bicyclist analogies that people provide are interesting. Every time I drive so much as 10 minutes around here, I add new analogies of bad and discourteous motorists to the long list.

We can all agree that bad drivers are a MUCH larger issue than bad bicyclists, right?

Today I did see bad bicycling behavior. 4 bicyclists came up behind 2 motorists stopped at a red light. The cyclists went around, ran the red light and started riding in the middle of the lane, just as the light turned green. Then the drivers were hung up behind the bicyclists who didn't slide over into the vacant parking lane. I'd have cussed these riders out. Fortunately the driver was only delayed for a block before he turned. This is my biggest peeve with bicyclists. I don't care about the slow roll through the light, nobody was coming. I often see motorists roll this light too. When you cut in line for your convenience, run a red light, then hold up the person you cut in front of, you are a dick or dumb or both. Still, for as much as that riled me up, it was maybe 10 seconds out of the drivers life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$100 fine in Utah.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We can all agree that bad drivers are a MUCH larger issue than bad bicyclists, right?

Nope

GOA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Nope

That's because you are dumb.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd like to condense and summarize the conversation for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Guy #1: "It's my world and you piss me off. Please get off "

Guy #2: "No, it's my world and you piss me off "

In unison: "What an aśśhole "

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
No, yours end where MINE BEGIN. How's that? FTR I don't ride bicycles. But I do respect those that do and don't pontificate about their demise on the PUBLIC roads. Got it?

Also , you didn't answer the question.

How do you feel about that rotten scoundrel having the audacity to dare ride his bicycle on your roads!
You base your hatred of cyclist on seemingly one interaction with an, according to you douchebag rider. How long ago was this? How long has this hatred simmered?
Might I suggest professional help. It's usually just a phone call away.

Eat some shit, Fuckwit. Your first outlandish assertion still lacks justification.

Just how stupid are you?

LOL.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard[/quote
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Tell me how you get from here...

[quote=RiverRider]Just because you, Paul---a sample of ONE---exercise some common sense and courtesy that does not absolve all the inconsiderate dipshits out there who think it's okay to obstruct major thoroughfares. Bicycles are not equipped with halos for the riders to wear (but some riders do end up with one, no doubt).

As far as the tax thing goes, I'm sure many bicyclists own motor vehicles as well and pay taxes used on road construction and maintenance but that does not give them the right to use the road any way they please any more than I can use the road as a two hundred yard shooting range. Roads are for motor vehicle traffic. If they add bicycle lanes to them, fine and dandy. If you want to ride on a 55 mph highway, that's fine as well as long as you are courteous...I'll be courteous as well. Your rights end where mine begin.

Laws come and laws go...they get changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Getting turned into a greasy spot on a major thoroughfare for being a dumbass is permanent.

To here...

So you're ok with running over someone on a bicycle and killing them because they are on YOUR road and you own a CAR. You didn't happen to be with two young car thieves earlier in the week did you? If you weren't it sounds like you would have liked to have been .

You need a snickers bar....just sayin...

I must be weird or something, when I see a bike , tractor, kids walking, horse and rider, or whatever is in the road that all tax paying Americans pay for I just figure out how I'm gonna safely pass. I figure they have as much right as I do to be there. I feel strange for feeling this way but it is what it is.

Then I'll talk to you. Fuckwit.

Who could ever have guessed this thread would have taken such a turn? I posted a news story and some commentary about a bitter old twat who was sitting at home, saw a group of bicyclists, got in his truck, ran them over and said he was going to kill them. That brings on a marathon whine fest of people bitching about bicycles rather than condemning violent behavior. Oddly enough, not too long ago a thread about some minorities who did the same thing was largely focused on their felonious behavior.

That miserable prick in the OP would be in a morgue if he had pulled this crap on me or my group.

Well then maybe you can tell me how Fuckwit6555 got from A to B. He sure as hell can't.

Nowhere have I even come within miles of saying it's okay to run over bicyclists.

Nowhere have YOU ever condemned outlandish behavior of bicyclists on public roads, no matter HOW antisocial it may be.

WTF is up with that??

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Nope

That's because you are dumb.

I'll agree with that assertion simply because there are far more of them. At the same time, bicyclists create traffic problems that are disproportionate to their numbers, and all because they WANT TO PLAY on public roadways.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Do you not know the meaning of the double yellow stripe, Paul?

It is legal to pass slow moving vehicles on a double yellow road in many states.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 09/29/23.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're the one who speaks of greasy spots and getting ventilated with seething hatred in your tone. No sympathy from you!

I would agree that sometimes cyclist are at fault but not always all the time as you insinuate.

This does not incite hatred for cyclist in me, like it seemingly does in you. Other peoples rights do not end where yours supposedly start. They all start at the same place.

As for people going to see mom in the hospital or going to get baby formula, yada yada . Cry a river. Who's to say they are not riding a bicycle to their destination.

As for the dumbass that ran his truck over the cyclist, I hope he breathes his last breath in jail.

The teens in Las Vegas, I hope they are given the death penalty and it is executed in a timely manner upon them.(But I know it won't be).

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 09/29/23.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd like to condense and summarize the conversation for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Whichever one is the pedal biker says it with a lisp, and limp wristed hand gestures.

Edit to add:

Not there’s anything wrong with that.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 09/29/23.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're the one who speaks of greasy spots and getting ventilated with seething hatred in your tone. No sympathy from you!

I would agree that sometimes cyclist are at fault but not always all the time as you insinuate.

This does not incite hatred for cyclist in me, like it seemingly does in you. Other peoples righty do not end where yours supposedly start. They all start at the same place.

As for people going to see mom in the hospital or going to get baby formula, yada yada . Who's to say they are not riding a bicycle to their destination.

As for the dumbass that ran his truck over the cyclist, I hope he breathes his last breath in jail.

The teens in Las Vegas, I hope they are given the death penalty and it is executed in a timely manner upon them.(But I know it won't be)

Tell me how you got from A to B.

I know you can't because you're an idiot.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This does not incite hatred for cyclist in me, like it seemingly does in you. Other peoples righty do not end where yours supposedly start. They all start at the same place.

As for people going to see mom in the hospital or going to get baby formula, yada yada . Who's to say they are not riding a bicycle to their destination.

The teens in Las Vegas, I hope they are given the death penalty and it is executed in a timely manner upon them.(But I know it won't be)

Explain to me exactly how my rights end where yours start? Mine don't stop and neither do yours.

And you still havn't answered the ?
As far as calling me names on the internet, No [bleep] given.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Explain to me exactly how my rights end where yours start? Mine don't stop and neither do yours.

And you still havn't answered the ?
As far as calling me names on the internet, No [bleep] given.

You're just an idiot with a keyboard. No time for you moron.

Don't be the darkness.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by smokepole

Whichever one is the pedal biker says it with a lisp, and limp wristed hand gestures.

Edit to add:

Not there’s anything wrong with that.

LOL, and whichever says it from the 1 1/2 ton dually that he uses to drive to Dollar General once a week says it with a whistle from where his teeth used to be.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nothing inspires good productive discussion quite like a thread with a nexus to bicycles.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Lexus and bicycles? I figured it would be Ford F-150s and Dodge Rams??

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nothing inspires good productive discussion quite like a thread with a nexus to bicycles.

It’s a safe way to discuss the plight of the homosexual in modern America.

MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL!!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 2ndwind, 1minute, 1_deuce, 280fan, 24 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,325
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.