-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Chance615, you may want to look into Alberta and Saskatchewan as well, we do have some pretty big moose here in Alberta, and it would most likely cost less for a guided hunt here in Alberta, than in BC.

In Canada BC means Bring Cash, everything costs more in BC!

Cheers ~ cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/02/23.

KB

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Hi Chance615, you may want to look into Alberta and Saskatchewan as well, we do have some pretty big moose here in Alberta, and it would most likely cost less for a guided hunt here in Alberta, than in BC.

Cheers ~ cool
And they expect big tips as well in B.C....often for doing a mediocre job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Cheers ~ cool
And they expect big tips as well in B.C....often for doing a mediocre job.

Yup, and even though they are Canadian, if you gave them a cash tip in Canadian funds, they would spit on you lol.

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/02/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 673
Not sure if this has been mentioned......there are no Wolves in NF, it would seem a success rate of 100% in NF, and although high in BC, I doubt you are going to see the same amount of Moose as what the guys who have hunted NF do.
I hear reports of wanting to introduce Wolves to NF, but that would be retarded.

There are no wolves but there are black bears. Not sure what effect they would have on young moose predation.
Studies here showed bears to be far more effective at killing calves than wolves. Both flavors got their share.

The caribou abandoned where we hunt a couple winters ago. Horrible mismanagement on the part of ADF&G not keeping the numbers down.

It seems the much smaller number of wolves remaining, and more likely the lack of caribou to distract them, the bears have done a stellar job of killing moose calves. We saw one moose calf this fall. We also saw more bears than bull moose.
Bears sure do kill calves and fawns. I just had this discussion with a friend, if you only kill boars (black) you haven't done anything to control the population of Bears, you have made it worse by killing only boars, who would otherwise do some control of their own.

I think Wolves are pretty efficiant at killing Calves too, but may hunt differently, I know Bears will simply hang out in a Calving/Fawning area and just kill stuff. That was happening locally, then someone ended it with a gunshot, but before the slaughter ended that Bear probably killed a dozen Fawns.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 673
Not sure if this has been mentioned......there are no Wolves in NF, it would seem a success rate of 100% in NF, and although high in BC, I doubt you are going to see the same amount of Moose as what the guys who have hunted NF do.
I hear reports of wanting to introduce Wolves to NF, but that would be retarded.

My guide said that the Coyotes came over on a chunk of ice.
He said a game warden could have stopped them but chose not to.
He decided that it was a normal progression of life and let them come to the island.
This was 2007 when I was there.
Last time I talked to the guide he said they were everywhere now.

The Caribou herd are the ones that got the short end of the stick on that deal.

This is just hear say from the guild, don't know how correct the story is.

I am just your average Joe.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 1,449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,743
Posts18,476,068
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.