-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
USA today has a vote on second amendment rights going on now. Vote?

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/11/beat-the-high-c.html

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 11/26/07.

NRA Lifetime Member
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

Yes: 97%

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
97% to 2%

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

The correct answer is "NO", of course, but I voted "YES", anyway. Hope it wasn't a trick question. wink

We were born with the individual right to bear arms. It is an inalienable right, given by our creator, not by the government.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
about 8k votes (incl mine). wonder how many they'll get ??

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
about 8k votes (incl mine). wonder how many they'll get ??

They had a couple of polls like this right after the Virgina Tech shootings and when the results didn't pan out in favor of the Anti-gunners they were gone in a little over a day.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 11/26/07.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
still at 97%

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You know I would have thought there would be alot more response to this post or at least people that would read it and go vote in the poll? But then it shows why over the years the Anti's have kicked our collective buts. Go back to the Campfire and see how many people read the other posts and skipped this. An eye opener for sure.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 11/27/07.

NRA Lifetime Member
W
W
In my opinion, the only thing standing in front of tyranny is a well armed citizen.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Walker - You are correct of course. The Amendments are to "clarify", I hope,..... "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

Some don't believe in a Creator, and some are government, ugh!!!

Believe this is the group some of the Founding Fathers viewed as occasionally needing "refreshed" in those inalienable rights.

edited: to add occasionally, didn't want anyone to think I was instigating anything.

Last edited by remseven; 11/27/07.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Considering that the Second Amendment was put inbto the Bill of Rights ten years before the Milita act, and that all the Milita Act did was codify what a "well regulated Milita" was, type of equiptment they should have on hand ammunition (or at that time amount of powder ball and Flint) food, knife, hatchet, blanket ect.It also made the distinction between the regulated and unhregulated milita. The regulated Milita had elected officers and had regular drills members were fined for missing drill. The regulated milita was every man in good health between the ages of sixteen and forty, the unregulated Milita was every one else.
Oh yes BTW the term "well regulated" did not mean by laws , or by Government approval. In those times "well regulated" meant working properly, as in every man had a rifle and one hundred rounds of ammunition, food for a week, a knife, cook pot, Hatchet, and a bed roll. They were ready to be on the move at a moments notice. The frontieer of the late eighteenth and early
nineteenth century was no place for a weakling or a fool who would rely on the charity of his neghbors. Each member of the Milita was expected to be able to take care of his own needs.
Militas were a main part of the armed forces of the United States until the end of the nineteenth century, TR's rough riders were essentially a milita unit for example, many of the military forces on both sides on the Civil War were home grown milita's, but that was pretty much the end of them then since a town or county that raised a milita was expected to equip and arm them and the officers were in many cases political apointees and generally incompetent.

But by giving the second amendment a good objective reading, it is plain that While a well regulated Militia is needed for the securaty of a free state, The Right of THE PEOPLE could not be infringed

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
98% YES at my vote.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just voted - still 98% yes.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Voted....98%, thanks to you Ackleybee for posting this!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
98% yes with 17558 votes tallied including mine! Thanks for posting the poll.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Up to 99%

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Over 107 000 votes and 97 % of Yes !!!

With such "non PC" results, I am surprised that they let this poll go on...

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Still at 97%.........somehow I am suprised its this lopsided.Pleasently suprised that is.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wizzbang
In my opinion, the only thing standing in front of tyranny is a well armed citizen.

Amen! Amen! and AMEN!

Very specifically I remember documentaries about WWII and other U.S. wars where our enemies have feared us off of the battlefield.

Both Japanese and Vietnamese generals have stated - on the record - that it would be extremely COSTLY if not [almost] IMPOSSIBLE to invade and conquer the [u]nited 'States of America!'

I suppose the nazis knew these things too, but haven't heard any interviews conducted with them. wink

BTW, since the late 1950's and early 1960's there's been a deliberate effort by the U.N. to disarm the [private] world. There's even an aggreement between the USA and UN (signed during the Kennedy years) calling for the "complete and total disarmament of the United States.

Even militaries are eventually supposed to come under jurisdiction of the UN.

Talk about global tyranny!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You know I would have thought there would be alot more response to this post or at least people that would read it and go vote in the poll?

I just voted but I don't always come back and say so. It will also help when it stays at the top where it is noticed.

yes 97% no 2% and undecided 1%

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.