Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Has anyone used the deer winch and stand that mounts in your receiver hitch? I was going to make something to help get a buck in the back of the Rhino and thinking it has a receiver in the back and I thought this may work well.

I could get the deer up and swing the other side inside the bed

Any thoughts on how well they work?
Thanks Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Built one. Probably over built it. Built it to swivel all the way out and back in, with a lock pin to keep it still in several positions. Uses a boat hand crank winch and a heavy duty 1" nylon strap. Works great for loading deer by myself into my 4" lifted truck. Used it a bunch to do a hasty butcher job when the shop was full or weren't at the shop.

Trick to loading, grab all four feet with the strap so the legs are up and the deer's back hangs down, and clears the tailgate. Easy, easy, easy.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It wouldn’t be hard to build something that would go in your receiver hitch

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When I had my Rhino it had a winch on the front with synthetic winch rope on it. I would run the rope from the front over the roll cage to the back of the Rhino. Open the tailgate, hook up the deer or pig and hoist them right into the bed. It works great.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine works very well. I use a 1/4 ton Harrington Chain Fall for mine. It is much easier and safer. I don’t use it to load anymore after purchasing a game trailer. But, I do use it to skin.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ill get a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Use a boat winch mounted to the bed of my Ranger…

Tilt bed, wrap rope ( i use a legnth of dyneema ) around chest of deer, crank into the bed. Tilt shut.

It takes a minute cause the wench is slow, but for 5 times a season , its a cheap alternative…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
It wouldn’t be hard to build something that would go in your receiver hitch

It's not hard at all. Like I said I kinda over built mine. It's a little heavy. So, being the totally awesome dad that I am I let my boys have the honor and privilege of mounting it up on my truck when they come to hunt.

Good job boys.

That said the oldest slipped up and mentioned he loaded a small block chevy engine with it, and a 1 ton rear truck axle. A touch heavier than our whitetails around here.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Tilt bed, wrap rope ( i use a legnth of dyneema ) around chest of deer, crank into the bed. Tilt shut.

It takes a minute cause the wench is slow, but for 5 times a season , its a cheap alternative…

Bet that winch makes a hell of a racket in the woods.
Obviously you would have driven in, and be stirring around.

My immediate thought was sneaking through a thicket and suddenly hearing that winch ratchet. "what in thee hell...¡"

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I built one in the bed of my 2011 tacoma. Bolted a Harbor Freight 30 dollar strap winch onto a 2x6 that fits into the bed above the rear tires. I carry a 5 ft. piece of plywood that serves as a ramp. Works perfectly and there is nothing hanging off of the back of my truck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jc189
When I had my Rhino it had a winch on the front with synthetic winch rope on it. I would run the rope from the front over the roll cage to the back of the Rhino. Open the tailgate, hook up the deer or pig and hoist them right into the bed. It works great.

This is what .i plan to do when I get my SXS.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two guys have the receiver hitch hoists on their rigs at camp. One has a small toyota truck and the other has a polaris ranger. Other than hauling the thing around they work great. They both have swivels so once you have the deer or hog up you just swing it around into the bed.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Some of them plumbers at work had a rig something like that in the back of work vans to pick up sewer machine. It would swing out of van to raise and lower the small machine. It had a small electric winch

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This works real well I can load a critter in the bed or on the basket, it will pick up 1000# no trouble, just finished building one for the front of my 2014 Jeep. need to take a picture of it nicest one i"ve built so far. Rio7

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That is very nice

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks Hanco, Coming from a fabricator means a lot, just finished my 5th one everyone is better than the last one. I will post a picture when i get a chance to take some. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Bet that winch makes a hell of a racket in the woods.
Obviously you would have driven in, and be stirring around.

My immediate thought was sneaking through a thicket and suddenly hearing that winch ratchet. "what in thee hell...¡"

Yeah. It’s not ninja stealth mode quiet.

But cheap and effective.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I bought one of the receiver hitch mounted winches and found it was just to much a PITA to assemble in the woods. I wound up using a system close Dave’s but w/o permanently mounting it to the sxs. It’d be a lot easier if I was still 30 and could just pick’em up and throw them in the back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7

This works real well I can load a critter in the bed or on the basket, it will pick up 1000# no trouble, just finished building one for the front of my 2014 Jeep. need to take a picture of it nicest one i"ve built so far. Rio7

Dandy setup you’ve got there.

WWP53D
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks RIO7 and Big Dave
Thanks for the pictures it helps the thought process

and I agree not 30 anymore to throw them in the back
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by RIO7
Thanks Hanco, Coming from a fabricator means a lot, just finished my 5th one everyone is better than the last one. I will post a picture when i get a chance to take some. Rio7

Please do, really dandy job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.