Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Looks nearly identical to my Husky M46A, except mine is in original condition without the scope mounting setup. The standard issue iron sights are perfectly regulated for the 286gr PRVI at just over 2000fps. 2023fps to be exact, but it's hard to get exact speed every shot. This prints a group 2" high at 100 yds and dead on for windage. Got this all figured out earlier this year. Fortunately this one is legal for Iowa shotgun deer seasons. We'll see how this beauty does. I'm looking forward to it

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
9.3x57mm Mauser

i have one.....
Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 with 275gr WFN GC under IMR4895.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

i've killed 4 or 5 deer with it (20 - 60 yards) and it knocks them off their feet. the rifle is #2 in my book. #1 goes to Winchester m94 in 35/30-30 with 200gr RCBS FN GC under a load of 2400/tuft of dacron. the m94 was my first gun, first buck and first doe. it was the 30-30, but after about 35 years, i sent it to JES Reboring and he did an awesome job making it the 35/30-30. since my eyes ain't what they used to be, i put on a Williams FP aperture sight.

I have the same Husqvarna except mine is unmucked with. Good cartridge, flattens whatever it hits and I shoot cast in mine. I also have a Haenel/Rasch 1890 Sporter in 9 X 57 and it's every bit as good. I'd hate to have to live on the difference between the 9 and 9.3.

My two 6.5's are a Husqvarna in 6.5 Swede and a 1903 Mannlicher/Schoenauer in 6.5 X 54. I think enough of the Swede I even put a 3X Leupold on it.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
308 or 280.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good God this is so pathetic

guy wants to build a 260 and gets gang raped with the Creed shoved into every orifice

disgusting !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Huh?

I've owned several rifles in .260 Rem, and still have one in a Model 7...but if I were starting over right now, there is no question I would go with a 6.5 CM. Brass availability and the ability to buy factory ammo damn near anywhere make it such a better option, not to mention OAL limits in short action rifles. Does that mean I will be dumping my .260 stuff? Nope, I'm pretty well invested in brass and ammo. But someone just starting with the round would be better served with the CM, especially considering components are still somewhat hard to find.

That being said, ammo and brass is still out there if you look, just not to near the same level as the CM (and this is coming from someone who has exactly zero rifles in CM).

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jason280

Huh?

I've owned several rifles in .260 Rem, and still have one in a Model 7...but if I were starting over right now, there is no question I would go with a 6.5 CM. Brass availability and the ability to buy factory ammo damn near anywhere make it such a better option, not to mention OAL limits in short action rifles. Does that mean I will be dumping my .260 stuff? Nope, I'm pretty well invested in brass and ammo. But someone just starting with the round would be better served with the CM, especially considering components are still somewhat hard to find.

That being said, ammo and brass is still out there if you look, just not to near the same level as the CM (and this is coming from someone who has exactly zero rifles in CM).

You are not getting Swamp's point...the man asked about the .260.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
6mm creed is the answer

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter wayyyyyy more than headstamps,despite Droolers and their Retardathons. Hint.

The 264 Kreed is simply vastly mechanically superior to the 260 and/or 260AI(I shoot all of them). There's never been a 264 Kreed made with a Retard twist rate either. Conjoin same and you simply dupe 260 case capacity in a vessel,which allows much greater COAL and the ability to launch the best projectiles of the relative bore sizing. That nets a .697 BC at 2700fps. Win/win/win. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry, but the 24's and 26's aren't legal for Iowa shotgun seasons 1 and 2. 35 cal and larger rifles are legal. Last year the Whelen hammered my buck. Hopefully this year will be the year of the Husqvarna in 9.3x57mm Mauser.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i am just a lover of some of the older cartridges but never bored like the 257 Roberts cartridge , i have a Remington 30 Express that i put a 24 inch - 8 twist -Brux barrel on shoots very good ,gave my daughter a F.N. Mauser Brux barrel 8 Twist barrel too, i feel the 8 twist is better in most rifles with the bullets now available . but i also have some older 257 Roberts rifles also that we use in the family for deer season, its just nice to all have the same cartridge to hunt with much less confusion . i have seen the days when 1 had a 270 ,one had a 308 , another had a 243 man what a pain in the arse so i decided to not have them use those cartridges any more so much simpler now all use a 257 Roberts as long as i am alive . no we don`t get bored there is always some new type of bullets to either load or reload . Bored ? nope i have a 100 yard rifle range 200 feet from the house with a heated shooting house to use all year around , just got my 2023 yearly DNR gun range permit again , good luck and be safe for deer season ,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 10/11/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Any .264 is fine for a selective type of use on game up to possibly elk. Their true versatility doesn’t even begin to match what the 308 WCF provides. One twist rate at 1-10 will accurately place 110 gr loads up to 208 gr loads. That’s about 100 grains of increase with no worries on bullet stabilization. From the smallest game to all large African plains game, including Eland, the 308 WCF is a proven killer with little fuss because it is both accurate and easy to shoot offering tremendous versatility and power all in a small package. A true one gun chamber for most anything that walks. Can’t really say that about any other 51mm SA cartridge, as none have the multiple bullet weight and loading potential of the 308 WCF.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I simply shoot what I want,when I want and could give less than zero fhuqks about a Retard State "law". Hint.

I'd be impressed,if someone on The Planet,has shot out more .257" barrels than I. That ship has sailed,never to return,because it's setting idle on the sidelines,as adjacent bore sizes slap it silly. Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than everything else and the .257's pale there. Understatement. Hint.

Folks who state "weight" are fhuqking CLUELESS,as mass as a whole makes minimal fhuqks. Projectile design/form are that which matters MOST and the 308 is a Goat Fhuqk. The .308" Hornie 208 ELD-M has a .690 BC,which is shy of a .264" 147 ELD-M's .697,which is going MUCH faster,start to finish. A 21" 7-08 will simply scoot a .796 BC at 2600fps and that is a 308 Win Pipe DREAM. Hint.

Keep guessing aloud Ladies,because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint...........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sure it is Stick, just a goat fugg. Laughable crap.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Dude I used to be in that go fast, slow twist, flat based crowd too. I've changed my tune a tad when I started messing with 6.5 stuff and a 143 eldx and a 115 in a 243 win. I that 143 out of a 6.5x284 is 7 mag like. I imagine it would shine in a 260 and or a 6/6.5 creed as well. Seat them out and fill it up!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot more 308,than guys who LOVE the fhuqking 308. It is what it is and one simply needs to neck the suck out of it,to get any traction. Hint.

Cite "your" 308 and dangle pictures of same,with 208's,as you Pretend aloud with your crossed-eyes and drooling maw. You CLUELESS Crying Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot 7-08AI with 180's too. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Floundering Fhuqks extoll your GoogleFu. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BS, why don’t you show all your kills on game animals at 600 yards and beyond with your pronounced 7mm BC advantage, wait make it 500 yards, how about 400 yards. Please no ballistic programs, paper is off the
menu. BS loves him some BC. Everyone needs to shoot a .700+ G1 to enter the game fields, nothing else will do and bullet diameter and weight are absolutely meaningless under any hunting conditions. Again, laughable crap when it actually comes to most game hunting applications. Some very good long range hunters who comment here kill big game animals out at 700 and 800 yards and are surely capable of taking advantage of calibers and all that physics has to offer, you ain’t one of them. Stop your pretend and imagination when it comes to you downing game animals at 1,800 ft - 2,400 ft away from the tip of your muzzle. You’re always amusing, keep up your pretend and imagining when it comes to killing big game animals at long range.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Please don't turn this thread into another [bleep]-slinging mess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll feign my GREAT "surprise!" that you were talking out your ass,in regards to wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone shot. Now you can say you've "seen" a 208,which makes this a Very BIG Day,for someone like you. Hint.

Your Brokedicktitude,Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,Crossed-eyes and Handicaps are not the bane of all,though your Estrogen Fueled Vagina Monologue Hurt Feelers Report,is never not funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you put trembling fingers to keyboard,you Amazingly STUPID Clueless Fhuqk. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Where are the big game animals? Still pretending with paper, ballistic programs and reloading components (smoke and mirror tactics). What about the big game animals way, way out there that you’ve killed with the 7mm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Sniveling Brokedick Professional Victims are a fhuqking HOOT...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities,as you Whine aloud and droll incessantly. Hint.

If only in "fairness",I don't shoot 208's in any spouts longer than 30". Hint.

Pardon a single outing,CRUSHING your "Life's" "experience". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,828
Posts18,477,926
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.