T
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
I previously had no interest in .
7-08 and 260 has caught my attention.
Looking at ballistics it is pretty much eeny meeny miney mo
I’m thinking 260 , seems to be a good middle between 308 and 243
Now to figure out which action I’ll rebarrel
Kenneth

I have a short 700 in .243 I'm messing with. Shoots good but I'm thinking about what to do with it down the road 'cause the way things go, I'll shoot the throat out of it. Your questions are relevant for me. I have a good .308. I sorta wish it was a 7mm-08 but it isn't, and it's not getting rebarreled, so adding a 7mm-08 doesn't help me much.

So .. smaller.

Fairly obvious would be .22, 6mm, or 6.5 mm Creedmoor. The plus to the Creedmoor case is lots of good brass readily available and it comes in both large and small primer .. large match primers are sorta hard to find still so going with small primer brass might have some benefits. I have shot both large and small primer brass in the 6.5 Creedmoor and it didn't show any noticeable difference in loads or accuracy.

I'm a .25 caliber fan and don't currently have one. A .257 Roberts on a short action with a Wyatt's box works pretty well. I sorta think a .25 based on the Creedmoor case should do as well without needing the long box. That's currently the direction I'm thinking. Not committed, but thinking. If I do, it's going to have a standard 1-10" twist and a short throat for 100 grain ballistic tips seated with the edge of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck. I'm not interested in a VLD flinger. I'd stick with 6mm or 6.5 if that were what I was after.

However, sticking with .243 or going with a 6mm Rem AI or 6x.284, or a big .22 .. probably Creedmoor, maybe .22-250AI .. is not off the table.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OEM 243's will Smooch/house the Hornie 105 HPBT and that's not a bad pitch. Hint.

I of course shoot 224,243 and 264 Kreedmires,if only obviously(at least 5 rifles in each). SRP's aren't for me,in cases of said capacity. BTDT. Hint.

Hell...I very often gun a goodly smattering,in a single outing. .243" bores here. I of course suffer 6mm Rem and 6mm Rem AI,both of which are Goat Fhuqks. Not that any of you Dumbfhuqks,could pick same from the crowd. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The Bob and Better Bob are both Goat Fhuqks,whether short action or long action and can't even begin to keep pace with an itty-bitty 6ARC. Hint.

In fairness however,I've quite a few 22-250AI's and Speedmire is CERTAINLY where it's at. LEGENDARY 22-250AI 1-7.7" Krieger frame here. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist ladies and the simplistic fact(s),that I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
I previously had no interest in .
7-08 and 260 has caught my attention.
Looking at ballistics it is pretty much eeny meeny miney mo
I’m thinking 260 , seems to be a good middle between 308 and 243
Now to figure out which action I’ll rebarrel
Kenneth

I have a short 700 in .243 I'm messing with. Shoots good but I'm thinking about what to do with it down the road 'cause the way things go, I'll shoot the throat out of it. Your questions are relevant for me. I have a good .308. I sorta wish it was a 7mm-08 but it isn't, and it's not getting rebarreled, so adding a 7mm-08 doesn't help me much.

So .. smaller.

Fairly obvious would be .22, 6mm, or 6.5 mm Creedmoor. The plus to the Creedmoor case is lots of good brass readily available and it comes in both large and small primer .. large match primers are sorta hard to find still so going with small primer brass might have some benefits. I have shot both large and small primer brass in the 6.5 Creedmoor and it didn't show any noticeable difference in loads or accuracy.

I'm a .25 caliber fan and don't currently have one. A .257 Roberts on a short action with a Wyatt's box works pretty well. I sorta think a .25 based on the Creedmoor case should do as well without needing the long box. That's currently the direction I'm thinking. Not committed, but thinking. If I do, it's going to have a standard 1-10" twist and a short throat for 100 grain ballistic tips seated with the edge of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck. I'm not interested in a VLD flinger. I'd stick with 6mm or 6.5 if that were what I was after.

However, sticking with .243 or going with a 6mm Rem AI or 6x.284, or a big .22 .. probably Creedmoor, maybe .22-250AI .. is not off the table.

I think I’m going to end up going 260 .
Maybe because I never had one ,
Just something pulling my towards it
Not sure if I’m going with a savage or Remington action
Have had good luck with both
Kenneth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 260 is a series of heavy concessions,compared to the 264 Kreed. Hint.

Salvage has less than zero redeeming "qualities". Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah , everybody keeps saying go creed go creed , guess I’m just a hard headed old faucker
If 224 was legal to deer hunt with I would likely go with with a fast twist 22-250 or Valkrie
Haven’t really looked into the Valkrie but my nephew sure does like his
He’s a creed guy too
Kenneth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Kreed simply dupes 260 case capacity,with a shorter case,which enables better bullets at like COAL. Hint.

The Valcry is a Goat Fhuqk. 22PPC AFI is where it's at. Hint.

I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.................

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

22 AFI = 22/6mm ARC or?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Good God this is so pathetic

guy wants to build a 260 and gets gang raped with the Creed shoved into every orifice

disgusting !

Ceedchrist, Creedlord, Creedjesus. Until you worship at their altar, you are engaged in blasphemy.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.......

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
his sister must be in rehab still, midget has to play big boy on the puter to feel like macho man

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Liar Larry pimping a cartridge totally not mentioned by the OP. LOL. Figures.

Get a 260. Screw the Queefmire in any form or caliber.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Stick,

22 AFI = 22/6mm ARC or?

The 22 PPC AFI,is a wee bit more capacity than the ARC. It too is a simplistic one-pass sizing operation,whether for Turnbolt or Krunchenticker(I've multiples of each). Hint.

One can source brass from Virgin 7.62x39. Hint.

Left to right: 22PPC AFI,6 PPC,6 ARC,243 PPC AFI,264 Grendel

You need to go .620 BC 112's in 6mm,to get a leg up on .224" 88's or 90 Beer Cans. Hint.

Now as .473" .224's go. Left to right: 22-250,Speedmire,22-250AI. I've multiple rifles in each,in both 7" and 8" RPM. Speedmire is where it's at. Hint.

Pretty nice here today. Saltwater not even that frozen. Hint.

I shoot a smidge of 260,to Window Lickers Chagrin. hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (21, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.