-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wrong dipschitt. Bow seasons were created because they sold hunting licenses and provided recreational opportunities without much impact on game numbers. Now things have changed in many areas and crossbows, inlines, airguns, airbows etc have been legalized in hopes of getting enough deer killed to minimize the damage done to crops, vehicles, and landscaping, along with selling licenses too, although my son has participated in a cull hunt in VA that didn’t require any license. Despite all that pressure, the deer keep increasing, mostly because of limited access to private land. Eventually, nature will do its thing and disease will do the job.

I heard the same whine when compounds came along, then inlines. Most of it is based on selfishness, people who once had the woods mostly to themselves that now have to share.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bay1975
Originally Posted by Switch
Hunting with cross bows is not Bow Hunting!

Agreed. It has a stock, a trigger, a saftey and a scope. Does that sound like a bow or a firearm?

And I don’t GAF what you man boob having pieces of lazy [bleep] think about it. Bow seasons were created for those that wanted the challenge of hunting with a bow. Now it’s turned into a bunch of slobs with crossguns. Anyone that thinks a cross gun is a bow also think these trans weirdos are really women lol. GFY

Sounds like you need to get laid more. But with your wonderful disposition and being too broke to buy a used xbow, I doubt it will happen

Last edited by tzone; 11/02/23.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Sounds like you need to get laid more. But with your wonderful disposition and being too broke to buy a used xbow, I doubt it will happen

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😁

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Now the diarrhea has to drip down to the archery forum this place sure isn't what it used to be

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I’m all for using whatever ya have.

Hell, I’m for having “deer season” and you can use whatever you want for the entirety of the season.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think a crossbow is much more sporting than those compounds that let you fire multiple shots in short order. Poor deer don’t stand a chance. With my crossbow, first I have to dig the rope outta my pack, then do some stretching so I don’t hurt myself.

On the rare occasions I carry the crank, I have to attach it, double-check the seating, then put the handle and harness on my wrist and cinch it down. Trust me, you only try to free-hand that crank handle once……😱

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I’m all for using whatever ya have.

Hell, I’m for having “deer season” and you can use whatever you want for the entirety of the season.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I get slammed all the time because I like to kill
and eat whitetail deer. I used to get slammed for
killing and eating largemouth bass, but that fad
kinda went by the wayside, so people don't lecture
about catch and release as much any more.
Chopping up an animal or fish into handy sized
pieces and putting them in freezer bags makes
it nearly impossible to look at and say " well
that was a trophy so-and-so. . "
I don't worry about the next guy or his methods
as long as he's legal, and I don't want anybody
fretting about what I do as long as I'm legal.
I have enough to worry over without trivial crap.

Hunt your own hunt and let me hunt mine

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Maybe they should ban inline muzzle loaders. Sure isn't primitive is it? Go back to the old ball and patch. Doubt that will ever happen either.

So maybe an avid bow hunter lost fingers or a hand and can't pull a conventional bow, he should give up archery hunting? GFY, twice! Its in the regs, Archery season not bow season. GFY again.

T
T
Switch, has not commented since starting this in fighting . He is sitting back, watching you guys fight amongst yourselves. Mission accomplished.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I bought an Excibur 3 years ago for the late season. My "go-to" is a recurve. But once the leaves come down the shots get longer. And the cold. Especially our sesson after Christmas.
The deer are starting to chase here in PA so they are not running on the usual trails 16 and 18 yards from my treestand.
The crossbow isn't a magic wand. I missed one last year in the last week when the bolt hit an unseen limb along the path and deflectd high.
FWIW, I shoot the Excalibur out to 60 yards for practice but shots at deer in the woods are limited to 30 yards. So sometimes the extra 10 yards over my recurve is helpful but still a lot pass by beyond my shot limit.
I have never seen a site so filled with angry, mean, bitchers and complainers as this. You just need to ignore them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it okay if I mock them just a bit more?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m in the “it’s not bow hunting” camp. It’s crossbow hunting. I could also give a schit if someone wants to use a crossbow. Have at ‘er.

I need to get one for yard deer. There was a nice 5x5 laying in the front yard by the mailbox the other morning as I was taking the kids to school.
Coulda had blackstrap for breakfast!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Agreed. It has a stock, a trigger, a saftey and a scope. Does that sound like a bow or a firearm?

And I don’t GAF what you man boob having pieces of lazy [bleep] think about it. Bow seasons were created for those that wanted the challenge of hunting with a bow. Now it’s turned into a bunch of slobs with crossguns. Anyone that thinks a cross gun is a bow also think these trans weirdos are really women lol. GFY

Tell that to your wife. She’s been on my di$@ like a fat kid with a lollipop. I’m pretty sure I make more money in a day than you do in a week. By the way you can’t buy bowhunting ability you [bleep]

Last edited by Bay1975; 11/03/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mocking…..

This morning…..7 yards…from the ground…public land…..

[Linked Image]

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Tell that to your wife. She’s been on my di$@ like a fat kid with a lollipop. I’m pretty sure I make more money in a day than you do in a week. By the way you can’t buy bowhunting ability you [bleep]

Ah oh….struck a nerve. I think we know the problem! laugh laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Mocking…..

This morning…..7 yards…from the ground…public land…..

[Linked Image]

Sweet!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Decided to abandon the treestands this year, the safety harness was chafing my manboobs…….😜

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It really accentuates your nipples

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
lol. Nice troll Switch.

I've killed deer with self bows through Xbows.

I say use what makes you happy as long as it's legal, but from a Puritan perspective I have to agree with the OP. wink

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with the DNR. Good management practices vary according to location. Within the law, everyone should be free to decide how they hunt, fish, f*ck, whatever. I hunt deer because I enjoy it, and for the meat, and on public land in particular there’s sufficient challenge with any of the legal weapon options. Many of the hunters I talk to are waiting for a nice buck, and those are scarce where I hunt. A basket-rack 8 is pretty typical of a “good” one, though certainly better ones are present. I saw a decent one yesterday, but he was 250 yards away, running does around.

Neighboring Clarke County, VA, has so many deer that the legal killing of does starts at the beginning of September; guns, bows, whatever. There’s no public land there, the nearest is across the line in my WV county, about 1400 acres total, and a VA patch in Fauquier County, VA on the East side of the Blue Ridge. The difference is pretty dramatic. The WMA in Fauquier County has limited doe hunting, but the hunt clubs around it really hammer them and that keeps them down, along with the cars on Rt. 7, 50, and 340. Private land access is next to impossible to get all over this area unless you’re related.

WV has generous bags, with the appropriate tags, with a three buck limit. Earn-a-Buck exists in some counties, including mine. VA allows 6 deer on the first license, and 6 more on an inexpensive second tag. Two or three bucks total are allowed, depending on which side of the Blue Ridge you hunt. They have Earn-a-Buck too in places.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 260Remguy, 62 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,041
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.