-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since I can’t pull a bow back anymore because of a messed up shoulder should I not hunt with a crossbow??

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Crossbows have opened up good hunting opportunities for hunters of any age. For me, a fall which badly injured my elbow made shooting a so-called regular bow impossible. Hunting with a modern crossbow is my best option. It shoots very fast bolts with high degree of accuracy. I really do not care to debate the merits of a modern crossbow for hunting big game animals. Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Forced to choose between the opinions of our state regulator and the internet, I’ll harken to the regulator.

But yeah, there’s zero aesthetic in the crossbow IMO.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Neither is a magic talisman and each has advantages and disadvantages.

For those of you shooting compounds and complaining about crossbows, please realize you're taking a deep dip in the waters of hypocrisy.

As for me, I'd personally prefer if they expanded archery season to pistols. Not those ultra powerful, long range ones though of course. ;-)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't give a fuuck about your opinion.

> i have to Agree with Blackheart ! i am 70 years old i climbed poles in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota for 35 years now with 4 back surgeries , neck surgery , both shoulders have had surgery one needs replacement , knee surgery , heart surgery >Switch and Bay 1975 just wait someday you may have bad shoulders too if you have a real man`s job ! most of you boys i mean boys don`t know how to work like a man nor could walk in our shoes many could never do what i did or do what some other old guys on here have done. kiss it !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53

> i have to Agree with Blackheart ! i am 70 years old i climbed poles in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota for 35 years now with 4 back surgeries , neck surgery , both shoulders have had surgery one needs replacement , knee surgery , heart surgery >Switch and Bay 1975 just wait someday you may have bad shoulders too if you have a real man`s job ! most of you boys i mean boys don`t know how to work like a man nor could walk in our shoes many could never do what i did or do what some other old guys on here have done. kiss it !
Im with you guys as well and could give two chits if some assclown on the internet thinks that crossbow hunting isnt a legit thing

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Im with you guys as well and could give two chits if some assclown on the internet thinks that crossbow hunting isnt a legit thing
The venison from the buck I killed with mine back on Nov. 8th tastes dandy and I enjoyed hunting it. That's all that matters to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp

The venison from the buck I killed with mine back on Nov. 8th tastes dandy and I enjoyed hunting it. That's all that matters to me.
Hell yes!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I started bow hunting with a recurve in about 1967. Stayed with either a recurve or longbow until I was around 60. Went to a compound until about 6 years ago. I've used Excalibur crossbows for 6 or 7 years. I'm almost 74 and right this minute I'm in a ground blind with Excalibur waiting on a whitetail doe. If the weapon I use is legal, I don't care what someone else thinks. Hunter numbers are declining every year. We'd better stick together or the liberal idiots will outlaw the sport we love.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wikapedia:

" The earliest representations we have of the crossbow date from 400 BCE, in China. By 209 BCE the Chinese army had 50,000 in their arsenal"

I'd call that as traditional as it gets.

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by swamphunter
Wikapedia:

" The earliest representations we have of the crossbow date from 400 BCE, in China. By 209 BCE the Chinese army had 50,000 in their arsenal"

I'd call that as traditional as it gets.

> true < around 1970 compound bows with wheels on them were invented by Mr. Allen ?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If i wanted to shoot deer Id use an xbow.
Theyre pretty bad ass.

However, ive been an archer for about 50 yrs so will.bowhunt deer.

Dont give a chit what other people use.
But I do make a distinction between xbow hunting and bow hunting.

A lot of guys i know had to go to xbow to hunt the early season.
I call em "ex bowhunters".

Aint no shame in it. Just is what it is.

Now.some folks try to spin them as being the same.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some days I can shoot.my recurve.
Some days I cant.
Proly order me a Hoyt Torrex after Xmas.

Injury/ health decline isnt from some manly fuggin job.
Aint got chit to prove.
Genetics and other can take their toll.

Shoot what ya want and shoot it well.

If somebody in my fam.wants to deer hunt w an xbow Id buy em.a Mission Sub 1 this weekend.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

[bleep] Pete you just described me to a tee at 62, I guess masonry, cutting timber and oilfield work is just pussy work.
How did sueing Montana work out for ya. 0-7 again

Last edited by sherm_61; 11/28/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by sherm_61

[bleep] Pete you just described me to a tee at 62, I guess masonry, cutting timber and oilfield work is just pussy work.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

> i have to Agree with Blackheart ! i am 70 years old i climbed poles in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota for 35 years now with 4 back surgeries , neck surgery , both shoulders have had surgery one needs replacement , knee surgery , heart surgery >Switch and Bay 1975 just wait someday you may have bad shoulders too if you have a real man`s job ! most of you
boys i mean boys don`t know how to work like a man nor could walk in our shoes many could never do what i did or do what some other old guys on here have done. kiss it !

well good for you if you did do just the kinda work not just for a few weeks of your kind of jobs you posted . as far as Montana not allowing x-bows for the handi -cap these selfish boys with compounds are actually hurting Montana with their x-bow attitudes and very stupid for it too, that fight is not over with yet. it seems these so called great bowhunters are afraid of handi-cap x-bow hunters doing better at hunting than these so called wanna be pro bowhunters can do . someday when they are handi-capped let me know how that works for them ? then it will be whine whine whine.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Theres only 1 whiner Pete look in the mirror. As far as Montana not allowing compounds is false, just not in Archery.
Typical out of stater wanting to change the rules to fit you, roll in and threaten to sue who would of thunk it.
If you just spent as much effort just getting out as you do trying to sue montana you could getter done instead of whining all over the net and forums.
Your no different than the eco- terrorists constantly try to sue Montana to change fuggin [bleep] there way.

Last edited by sherm_61; 11/28/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Theres only 1 whiner Pete look in the mirror. As far as Montana not allowing compounds is false, just not in Archery.
Typical out of stater wanting to change the rules to fit you, roll in and threaten to sue who would of thunk it.
If you just spent as much effort just getting out as you do trying to sue montana you could getter done instead of whining all over the net and forums.
Your no different than the eco- terrorists constantly try to sue Montana to change fuggin [bleep] there way.

ya ya ya shermey you know all. > please continue your negative comments it sure proves your worth = -O

Last edited by pete53; 11/29/23.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

ya ya ya shermey you know all. > please continue your negative comments it sure proves your worth = -O
Nope don't know it all Peter but what I do know is what you have been trying to do is B.S.in the name of handicapped.
Truth hurts nothing negative about that.
Like ive told you many times you really wanna see handicapped people come on by.

Last edited by sherm_61; 11/29/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
oh shermey , so i guess my handi-cap sticker issued to me by a medical Doctor in Minnesota means nothing ,yes you know better . by the way all the Federal land belongs to all Americans not just the state of Montana . the state of Montana should be welcoming all non-residents that hunt and fish in Montana we pay the most to support most of all hunting and fishing otherwise residents would not have any decent hunting and fishing left . you need to look at the money brought in by us non-residents compared to residents get back to me on that and allowing non-resident handi-cap hunters a few more rights would give Montana even more money and to be honest residents should be paying higher license fees to hunt on Federal land in Montana too.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.