Hop To
#18849013 10/16/23
R
Rteric Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I am looking for an actual hunting bred airedale. I wondered if anyone on here knows of any sources. Most of what I see advertised are wearing a sweater or prancing around a show ring. I know these dogs exist, I see pictures of people using them in the south for hog dogs and see them used as coyote dogs. The dogs I see used for hunting are athletically built and muscled. Unfortunately the dogs I see for sale do not look athletic at all. I would relate the difference to a field bred springer spaniel to a show bred springer. Any help is appreciated.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have an Airedale, and she hunts. I have a couple sources for you. Colorado, Arizona, and (I believe) Wyoming. My contact in Colorado has puppies on the ground right now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
www.hkairedales.com

You want to ask for the Oorang line. They get a lot bigger than the show lines.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Rteric Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks for the info guys. Do you have contact information for the Colorado breeder?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ill get his number for you and send you a PM.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
www.hkairedales.com

You want to ask for the Oorang line. They get a lot bigger than the show lines.
Not sure what line my buds are out of but my bitch pushes 75-80# when not overweight.

OP what part of the country are you in?

My buddy has sold pups all over the nation. Calls his working dogs but haven't seen one yet that wasn't blood hungry and full of grit. He is out of the breeding business now but still recommends a few people he knows has good bloodlines.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/18/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Whatcha guys after? Mine retrieved doves, flushed/retrieved pigeons and chukar, and we were about to start going after ducks and our big game season.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
At that point it was doves even though our corn wasn't picked.

She will do about anything that I ask of her.

Catch and kill coons, possums or anythng else you get her on. Loves rats and mice in the barns but can turn stuff over if she gets under it.

No wild hogs but helped my buddy with a few meat pigs around his place that got loose one day. He said she was a bit rough on their ears. She has no fear but is as sweet and as much of a clown as I have ever seen.

R
Rteric Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks firstcoueswas80, I think with your help I found exactly what I am looking for.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Rteric
Thanks firstcoueswas80, I think with your help I found exactly what I am looking for.

I'm happy to hear that. Devin will take care of you. His dogs are bred for purpose, not looks.

I am also happy to report, another member contacted me and I think will be getting g a pup from him.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
At that point it was doves even though our corn wasn't picked.

She will do about anything that I ask of her.

Catch and kill coons, possums or anythng else you get her on. Loves rats and mice in the barns but can turn stuff over if she gets under it.

No wild hogs but helped my buddy with a few meat pigs around his place that got loose one day. He said she was a bit rough on their ears. She has no fear but is as sweet and as much of a clown as I have ever seen.

I haven't had my girl on any critters. Pigeons, chuckar, ducks, doves. Only thing wild she's been on is dove. But duck starts next week. We've done lots of water work so I don't expect it to be a problem. She's 16 months old so this is her first season. She picked up dove hunting rather well, and does really well flushing and retrieving chuckar/pigeons. She also has a great nose for tracking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Used to raise a few 'Dales back in another life. I can assure you that as time goes on, she will surprise you more and more at what she is capable of.

Do not let her get away with any bad behavior as that can only escalate. Make sure she knows who's the boss.

I enjoy seeing someone using the breed for what it was intended for in the first place.

Last edited by Kenlguy; 10/19/23.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (AB2506, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 358wsm, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,209 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,224
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.