N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by TheKid
Funny semi related side story.

Was on a brown bear hunt with a guy and he about had a stroke when he saw me dressed in a plaid wool shirt and Carhartt pants. “Where’s your camo!?”, he asked. “Don’t need any, I’m fine”, I replied. “But the bears will see you, their vision, blah blah”.

“How many bears have you killed?”, I asked. “Uh, none”.

“Okay cool. Would you like to see the picture of the one I shot while I had on the yellow shirt? How about the one when I was wearing the gray and black plaid shirt? Or the one I shot last spring while I was wearing a red and black plaid shirt? Or there was the couple I shot when I wore my gray jacket, how about those?”

Cricket sounds followed.

Too much money and too many hunting shows for that feller.

I was partial to chartreuse until I couldn't get the salmon stank out of it. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Oink. Oink. That sucker is a pig 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knee pads are always a good addition in my locale.

Sitka, KUIU, First Lite, have provided me with some excellent hunting gear. Expensive? Yeah, I guess.

But after 30 years of wearing military BDU pants, and coats that soaked up the rain, adding weight to an already difficult hunt.

I was grateful to find newer technology clothing that shed rain, wicked sweat away fast. And being much lighter with tougher fabrics wasn’t a difficult trade up for me.

As far as camo patterns. I mix and match my clothing to the hunt I’m doing. I prefer solids, but if the same clothing is in camo and on sale. I buy it over paying full price for solids.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's the only way I wind up with camo as well Beav, if the price is too good to resist.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's the only way I wind up with camo as well Beav, if the price is too good to resist.

Same. I'm a sucker for good equipment – clothing included.
I'm just funnin' the fellers that would potentially need psychotherapy if the gaiters didn't match the pants that matched the jacket that matched the hat that matched the gloves. laugh

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane

Same. I'm a sucker for good equipment – clothing included.
I'm just funnin' the fellers that would potentially need psychotherapy if the gaiters didn't match the pants that matched the jacket that matched the hat that matched the gloves. laugh

Laffin…

I rarely match. Oh, the horror.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the way, I’m deer hunting right now. I’ve been glassing since before sunrise.

I’ve glassed so much I’m certain I’m gonna be permanently crossed eyed. No Blacktail bucks seen, yet. I did glass up two very nice 5x5 bulls with a spike hanging with them. No cows around them.

It’s rare that I have cell service, since I do in this spot, reading and posting gives my eyes rest from the bins.

Here’s a stock picture of a pair of KUIU Attack Pants my wife bought me as a Christmas gift 2 years ago. I love KUIU Attack pants, in solid colors only.

These pants are beyond fuggly! I refused to wear them until this summer when I started wearing them as work pants on the property. I did make a few trips to the feed store where another customer said, those are interesting looking pants…Interesting isn’t a word I’d use to describe them.

Back to the glass.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems to me like wearing medium-shade earth-tone garments of a mix and match approach works about as well as anything. That and staying still. A brown deer or a fawn/brindle dog can step out in the woods and freeze and I have a hell of a time picking them out until they move again. Same goes for a bobcat. They just disappear. I actually prefer the earth-tone hunting clothes, but most of the stuff that's made how I need it generally comes in camo, so that's what I buy. I do agree that too much of today's camo is rather dark. I'd probably just as soon have outerwear in the old 1940's military olive drab.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome pic Scott! I concur with you and Kid......not much of a camo guy here.

JG, that's way better camo, for your area, than this is for mine !!!!!!!

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

JG, that's way better camo, for your area, than this is for mine !!!!!!!

smile
You're wrong. Deer walk right past me in full flo orange when there's snow. It looks white to them. Or at least light gray

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
By the way, I’m deer hunting right now. I’ve been glassing since before sunrise.

I’ve glassed so much I’m certain I’m gonna be permanently crossed eyed. No Blacktail bucks seen, yet. I did glass up two very nice 5x5 bulls with a spike hanging with them. No cows around them.

It’s rare that I have cell service, since I do in this spot, reading and posting gives my eyes rest from the bins.

Here’s a stock picture of a pair of KUIU Attack Pants my wife bought me as a Christmas gift 2 years ago. I love KUIU Attack pants, in solid colors only.

These pants are beyond fuggly! I refused to wear them until this summer when I started wearing them as work pants on the property. I did make a few trips to the feed store where another customer said, those are interesting looking pants…Interesting isn’t a word I’d use to describe them.

Back to the glass.

🦫

They're great around aspen trees or rocky terrain. I buy KUIU for the material more than the pattern though.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Camo is of no consideration. You were moving, then you stopped, that's what spooked 'em.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Back to the glass.

🦫

Fuggly is a matter of opinion I suppose, I have those pants in that pattern and I think they are about the best camo available for a sheep mountain or snow bound territory.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
One of our hunting group used to make fun of a buddy for wearing the old olive gray European army surplus wool pants instead of camo. WTH does it matter when you are sitting in a blind or stand not moving? The main reason I buy camo is that most of it comes in water resistant, quiet, and warm fabrics. OD green is hard to spot if it’s not moving.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You can sit in the middle of a new cut hay field in a Santa Suit if you have the wind and don't move and kill Deer. wind and movement will give you away way before what ever your wearing. Rio7

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Are you being serious? You only have a single “color” in the background of your picture and your wearing that color from head to toe…you couldn’t get better camo than what you’re wearing. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.