Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Once again, just like the recently resurrected "Onothergun" we have an old account brought back to life.

Just like the first few threads recently started by "Anothergun" it is a silly assed question with an easy answer provided from several knowledgeable shooters which the OP incessantly argues against. He denies the simple laws of Physics.

A different sock from the same keyboard?

I was originally sure "Anothergun" was "Maser" screwing around. But more recent posts have indicated knowledge which "Maser" has never shown in the past.

I have a different suspect in mind as originator of these socks. Someone who mysteriously has been absent some three weeks now. Someone who announced exciting things to come before his absence.

Because no one who has actually pulled the trigger on a rifle without blowing his leg off, or killing a bystander could be as obtuse as this sock is pretending to be.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Zerk
300 win mag this morning. Cold brass.
Bolt action??

No surprise like I have said.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/22/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Once again, just like the recently resurrected "Onothergun" we have an old account brought back to life.

Just like the first few threads recently started by "Anothergun" it is a silly assed question with an easy answer provided from several knowledgeable shooters which the OP incessantly argues against. He denies the simple laws of Physics.

A different sock from the same keyboard?

I was originally sure "Anothergun" was "Maser" screwing around. But more recent posts have indicated knowledge which "Maser" has never shown in the past.

I have a different suspect in mind as originator of these socks. Someone who mysteriously has been absent some three weeks now. Someone who announced exciting things to come before his absence.

Because no one who has actually pulled the trigger on a rifle without blowing his leg off, or killing a bystander could be as obtuse as this sock is pretending to be.

Why I didn't engage any farther past my one post. What's the point?? Explained in detail what was happening and why, trying to be helpful. It's normal, and even stated it was because he was shooting off the bench. Even though he never stated he was shooting off the bench I knew he was. Explained it wouldn't happen if he shot it in a normal field position and kept the pump closed momentarily same as a bolt.

Very next post was by him......."Again, do pump's brass get hot or not? Bolts do not"

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
One of my buds and I were taking turns shooting our Garands and when he shot, one of the cases came close enough to me that, without thinking, I caught it. It stuck to my palm and a gave me a couple of blisters reminding me that I probably shouldn’t do that again. 🔥😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’m thinking he’s a troll. For real.

Last edited by OldRooster; 10/22/23.
IC B2

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by OldRooster
I’m thinking he’s a troll. For real.
No I am from the UP.

Go shoot bolt action 300 win mag today, stone cold brass. Yesterday 30-06 bolt, 56 grains and cold. Before you call me a troll, go fire off a round in the back yard. You will feel stupid for running your mouth.

Last edited by Zerk; 10/22/23.
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by navlav8r
One of my buds and I were taking turns shooting our Garands and when he shot, one of the cases came close enough to me that, without thinking, I caught it. It stuck to my palm and a gave me a couple of blisters reminding me that I probably shouldn’t do that again. 🔥😳
Garand is a semi auto rifle, that operates off gas. It is not a bolt rifle. So has nothing to do with this discussion at all.

But the reason I came here is talk about pumps. Does any in this discussion own one?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, 760 in 30-06. Since 1965. The 742 was slightly earlier.

I never fired more than 200 rnds of 30-06 in a day, along with, 100 25-06, and 100 22-250, plus a few 12 ga, and a schit pile of rimfire. A typical Saturday after payday 2x/month May through July.

If you are real, you should get out and shoot a little bit, and maybe learn something.

But, most likely a troll sock. I find it amuzing to play along.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z

I never fired more than 200 rnds of 30-06 in a day, along with, 100 25-06, and 100 22-250, plus a few 12 ga, and a schit pile of rimfire. A typical Saturday after payday 2x/month May through July.

If you are real, you should get out and shoot a little bit, and maybe learn something.

I have probably shoot 300+ 30-06 and 300 win mag this summer and 100 243.
I.

I never said 200 in a day, I said this summer. What is with people not being able to read? People accuse me of not shooting, when it is obvious they don't, don't pay attention, or are not up to learn. I challenge someone to get a hot brass from a bolt.

I came here because when googling, I came across a discussion on 760s. My theory with the pump is when you press the trigger it releases the slide. Maybe gas blows back at the same time. Which is different than a bolt.

I also put a punch on it to see if I could tighten barrel. I didnt try real hard, just in my lap. But not grossly loose. I drilled mine to fit 1/4 punch. Factory hole is for 3/16, and they kept bending

Funny thing about the people calling me a troll here, is they cannot read, and do not know there rifles. And they don't shoot. But they do excel at being _________, if not helpul in the least.

Last edited by Zerk; 10/23/23.
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z

The 742 predates the 740, hence the 4. The 740 and 742 is a semi auto, which is operated by gas. The 760 is a pump.

When you want to be a dick, you need to be right, and you need to be able to read atleast.

IC B3

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I have Remington 760, 81 or 83 30-06. The brass has been coming out very hot. I don't remember it doing that before.
Imr4350 54.5,. With partions. Remington brass with wlr. I don't recall the hot brass in past

s

First post of the thread. Can anyone help? Maybe I just don't remember the brass being hot ejecting from pump rifle. This weekend, I shot bolts and 4570 lever, they do not eject hot. I am doing cold barrel shots, so I can't say what happens if you heat the barrel up.

My theory is when the pump is released after pulling the trigger gas is blowing back. But I do not know if that is correct, if there is an issue with gun, or just how a pump rifle is.

I am shooting on a bench, so this is not a matter of how long it stays in the chamber.

Last edited by Zerk; 10/23/23.
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Back to the split brass. I did put a drop of rem lube on bolt. I have not lubed with anything other than rem oil in past. I watched a youtube video about lubing metal on metal. Ya what you will hear. I wonder if I got lube where it should not. Respected friend mentioned lube as cause , and though case seemed like it might have be slippery, or just handled alot. It was in my pocket.

The reason I am so pressed on this is I am getting ready for first elk/mule deer hunt, and I need a back up rifle. Hopefully if it does not reain today will shoot pump

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I have probably shoot 300+ 30-06 and 300 win mag this summer and 100 243.
I.

I never said 200 in a day, I said this summer. What is with people not being able to read? People accuse me of not shooting, when it is obvious they don't, don't pay attention, or are not up to learn. I challenge someone to get a hot brass from a bolt.

I came here because when googling, I came across a discussion on 760s. My theory with the pump is when you press the trigger it releases the slide. Maybe gas blows back at the same time. Which is different than a bolt.

I also put a punch on it to see if I could tighten barrel. I didnt try real hard, just in my lap. But not grossly loose. I drilled mine to fit 1/4 punch. Factory hole is for 3/16, and they kept bending

Funny thing about the people calling me a troll here, is they cannot read, and do not know there rifles. And they don't shoot. But they do excel at being _________, if not helpul in the least.
Why tighten barrel??

If you tighten the barrel you would change headspace.

I am not so sure the bolt would lock into the barrel if loose either as the lugs may not line up and rotate to lock into the barrel every single time you shut the action.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/23/23.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have Remington 760, 81 or 83 30-06. The brass has been coming out very hot. I don't remember it doing that before.
Imr4350 54.5,. With partions. Remington brass with wlr. I don't recall the hot brass in past

s

First post of the thread. Can anyone help? Maybe I just don't remember the brass being hot ejecting from pump rifle. This weekend, I shot bolts and 4570 lever, they do not eject hot. I am doing cold barrel shots, so I can't say what happens if you heat the barrel up.

My theory is when the pump is released after pulling the trigger gas is blowing back. But I do not know if that is correct, if there is an issue with gun, or just how a pump rifle is.

I am shooting on a bench, so this is not a matter of how long it stays in the chamber.
I answered the question in one post.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

The 742 predates the 740, hence the 4. WTF The 740 and 742 is a semi auto, which is operated by gas. The 760 is a pump.

When you want to be a dick, you need to be right, and you need to be able to read atleast.

LOL! What the Holy phucghk are you talking about?????? You are not even doing a good job of trolling. Your question was "Does any one own a 760?"

Who even mentioned the 740??????????

Yes we acquired a 742 in 30-06 as (a semi-auto) as Mom's deer rifle. Six months or so later we acquired a 760 (pump) in 30-06 as Dad's deer rifle.

They handed the 141 and the 14 down to me and my brother.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The 742 predates the 740, hence the 4. The 740 and 742 is a semi auto, which is operated by gas. The 760 is a pump.

Wrong. The 740 was first. The 742 was an improvement

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
It has nothing to do with time in chamber. The bolt and pump are shot off bench.

Other people brought of 742. I then tried to explain to them those are gas operated and not the same.

I am not trying to troll. Just trying to see if Anyone knows what they are talking about. Should the brass be hot on a pump? Nothing to do with cycle time.

Reason I showed up after years is a thread came up when googling.

I left the site because a lot of a holes that want to talk guns and the software was the worse I ever saw a few years ago.

I've been on forums over 20 years, and it was awful.

Again same time in chamber, should brass be hot out of pump? If you think it comes out of bolt hot, you should be quite

The 742 predates the 740, hence the 4. WTF The 740 and 742 is a semi auto, which is operated by gas. The 760 is a pump.

LOL! What the Holy phucghk are you talking about?????? You are not even doing a good job of trolling. Your question was "Does any one own a 760?"

Who even mentioned the 740??????????

Yes we acquired a 742 in 30-06 as (a semi-auto) as Mom's deer rifle. Six months or so later we acquired a 760 (pump) in 30-06 as Dad's deer rifle.

They handed the 141 and the 14 down to me and my brother.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
People calling me troll need to go shoot , and not talk until then

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Once again, it will be hot if shot off of the bench and forearm slides partway back upon firing.

If you know the answer why quiz others?

And yes, it would come out of a bolt hot if you could get it out in less than 1/4 second.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/23/23.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Can you read?
Post up some pics zerk.

I'm guessing his version of the U.P. actually looks a lot like Pinedale, WY.

Maybe not, in light of recent news.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.