Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Answer Products Quiet Brake. Bitch Slap

Vias Brake. Bitch Slap

Harrels Brake. Bitch Slap

Defensive edge side port brake.
Bitch Slap. Bitch Slap bitch Slap Bitch Slap Bitch Slap.
And Bitch Slap.....

Have a new one on my 28 Nosler.
Can't remember the name right now .
Tactical precision? Something like that.
Looks like something the squareheads developed for the tiger tank 88.
It's actually not to bad .
I was surprised for 84g of powder.
dave

Bitch slap.

85 grains of 7828 in a 300 Weatherby with 180 grain bullets and this Vias brake works…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Vias made excellent brakes.
Not any more.
84g N570 ...28 Nosler
175g Accubond
Pussy bitch slap.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Vias made excellent brakes.
Not any more.

How many do you want? Then you don’t have a howitzer brake on the end of the barrel…

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Bitch slap or not, I'm affeard to shoot this one without. The barrel may whip around and slap the back of my noggin!

Mountain Rifles Inc .30-378Wby

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Today I discovered why you guys who dislike brakes like heavy rifles. My 7-.338RUM weighs less than 7 1/2 pounds. The brake was damaged so I took it off. Just to see how it would do for five shots at 100 yards, I gave it a try. I stopped at three. I was really pulling it into my shoulder with my trigger hand. The rifle shoved me back at least eight inches and maybe as far as ten inches. The group was almost okay at 15/16". Normally I hold my rifles like one would hold a BB gun. The velocity for the 132 grain Hammer Hunter Tipped was 3,600 feet per second. As soon as I can, there will be another brake installed.

A guy walks to the woods carrying his long bow in one hand. On his back, along side his small backpack is a quiver with a few wooden arrows. The back pack carries a canteen and enough food for one day. Is he hunting?

A guy drives to the woods in a pickup. He gets out throws on his small backpack with a canteen and enough food for one day. He has a quiver with a few arrows attached to his compound bow and heads into the woods. He has a range finder on his belt. Is he hunting?

A guy walks out his back door and heads for the woods with his open sighted .30-30 rifle. He has a canteen and a little lunch in a small fanny pack. Is he hunting?

A guy drives to the woods in his pickup. He gets out and grabs his .270 with a 3-9X scope sighted in for 100 yards. He takes a few cartridges out of the box and puts them into his pocket. He puts on a backpack which has a rangefinder and enough food and water for a whole day; and a little more if he decides to stay in the woods. Is he hunting?

A guy drives to the woods in his pickup. He gets out. He puts on his binoculars which he installed in a bino-buddy. He then puts on his backpack which contains enough food and water for a day. On his belt is a rangefinder. He picks up his long range 7STW with a Swarovski z5 5-25X52 sighted in for 300 yards mounted on it. Installed on the fore end is a bipod. Is he hunting?

A guy drives to the woods in his pickup. He goes to a clear-cut he scouted earlier in the year. After pulling off the roads at an abandoned landing he gets out a portable benchrest and sets it up. He then places a range finder on it to one side. Then he sets out a front rest and a rear sandbag on the bench rest. He carefully places a .30-378 Wea Mag carrying a Nightforce 12-42X56 scope sighted in for 100 yards. He can adjust the turret for the range at which he sees game. He gets out a set of Minox 15X58 Big Eyes and mounts them on a tri-pod. Is he hunting

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Ringman
Good morning, memtb,

The recoil velocity is 17.89 feet per second and the recoil energy is 36.91 ft lb according to a 'net chart.

That actually sounds a bit low, considering the cartridge! If correct, that’s pretty tame…….unless you’re shooting a lot! Of course, felt recoil is very dependent upon stock fit, quality of recoil pad, ect.! memtb

I hold a rifle like it was a BB gun. I want technology to make it enjoyable.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Precision armament
Ugly MF.
Looks like it would vent that crap right back on to you.
But of all the ones I've used.
Least amount of bitch slap.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
7.5 lb with scope 375 Weatherby, no brake, 300g A-Frames at 2800 fps. It's a pussycat

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

12 lb 500 Jeffery with scope, no brake, 570g TSX at 2300 fps. NOT a pussycat

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jack Lott would like that. He thought a .450 Lott was perfect: A 500 grainer at 2,300fps.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a fan of brakes fir several reasons but I don't own any rifles that need them.
As far as shooting beside on, as long as my gear stays in place I don't worry about them.
Was on the line the other day with a friend who was shooting a 375 Enabler, blast was tremendous but our platform is wood so no worries .
I would have moved if we were in the dirt, though.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I get older I prefer lighter rifles and smaller calibers that don't need a brake. Hunting elk, deer and antelope I don't need anything larger than 7mm RM and at just under 8 lbs with scope its a perfect elk rifle. For deer and antelope I prefer Mountain Rifles at under 7 lbs with scope and loaded.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.