Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Snicker snicker. So I would have to start bitching all the time like you do? No thanks.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

HR IC

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Paging howa … full stainless, please!

Howa is already offering the real deal with the 6mm ARC & for my use if I had to choose 22 or 6mm I will go with the 6mm offering currently in hand.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot multiples of each,in both Turnbolts and Krunchentickers,with a .224" preference...until you go to .620 BC's in the .243. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
DOA

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
The 6 would do everything I need it to, but I don’t own anything 6mm. I do keep a pretty good stash of .22 bullets of hand for my AR and .22BR. 88 and 75 ELD-M’s, wicked little 53 V-Max’s, 75HPBT’s, 55 SPT’s, you get the idea.

It may be a moot point in a .22 ARC, as I’d likely just wind up adding 62 TTSX’s and the new 62 eld-vt.

Other than .22 bullets being a bit cheaper, and inventory considerations, I’d nearly not care which, I just want one and would prefer the .22.

Again hoping Howa jumps on this bandwagon. 20” Mini, B&C M40, JO BDL, Athlon 2-12 would be what mine would look like unless something better comes along.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The .223 simply can’t be beat for general use, but for those wanting a bit more, and that don’t mind paying a bit more to get it, this one will certainly do. I wouldn’t pick it for an autoloader that tosses brass all over the place, but in the Mini it’ll be a perfect fit. Let’s all hope they at least get the twist right; we already know how to deal with the other design shortcomings Howa/Legacy refuses to address from the factory.

It’s often mentioned that some states still have a .23 or .24 caliber minimum for hunting deer, but there are also places where .22 is the largest caliber allowed under some circumstances; here in WV for night hunting is an example. The .22 ARC would handle both jobs here for someone trying to get by with one rifle, offering a bit more whomp for deer and better wind bucking too. Lets hope they get the right bullets out from the getgo.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The .223 simply can’t be beat for general use, but for those wanting a bit more, and that don’t mind paying a bit more to get it, this one will certainly do. I wouldn’t pick it for an autoloader that tosses brass all over the place, but in the Mini it’ll be a perfect fit. Let’s all hope they at least get the twist right; we already know how to deal with the other design shortcomings Howa/Legacy refuses to address from the factory.

It’s often mentioned that some states still have a .23 or .24 caliber minimum for hunting deer, but there are also places where .22 is the largest caliber allowed under some circumstances; here in WV for night hunting is an example. The .22 ARC would handle both jobs here for someone trying to get by with one rifle, offering a bit more whomp for deer and better wind bucking too. Lets hope they get the right bullets out from the getgo.

Seems like they are doing the 75 ELD, 88 ELD and a 60’ish grain varmint bullet. Those aren’t a bad first release. I’d think they’d have to be in the 7-7.5 twist for the 88’s but that is just a guess.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d want 7” at least. No sense hobbling it right out of the gate. No downside unless someone tries pushing lightweight, tender bullets really fast.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hornie has as of yet,to miss an RPM citing,nor have those that Manufacture rifles chambered same. Hint.

Rest ASSURED,that the .224 version is simply fhuqking exceptional and amazing,in a Krunchenticker. The 6 ARC already exists,for those who fret an archaic State "mandate". Hint.

Did I sell all of my 223 Krunchentickers,after building my first 224 Grendel and experiencing The Splendor? Nope. Did said build,hurt the feelers of the 223 Krunchenticker Herd? YEP. They simply can't begin to hang. Why? Bullets,bullets,bullets and in that order. Hint.

It connects more dots,than anything ever Factory offered in a .224 Krunchenticker and by a goodly margin. Exceptional brass abounds and there's simply NO stopping it. Welcome to the future ladies,you'll wanna fasten seat belts,as your blue hair gets blown back. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I’ve killed a pile of vermin with 224 cal bullets from 75 to 40gr.
Experience tells me lighter is better for called coyotes, stalked badgers, ravens off a fence post etc. And a small case head is by far superior. Sizes easy, accepts overpressure nicely, cheap, efficient etc.

Good luck kicking the 223 off it’s roost as the best. I’ll go so far as to say as it will never happen.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
I’ll go so far as to say as it will never happen.

Likely not, but:

"The 6.5 Creedmoor is a fad, it'll never last"

Sincerely,
The Internet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep Pretending aloud,about wares that you've never even seen,let alone shot and upon platforms verboten to you. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you guess from the stands,while rattlin' pom-pom's with your seat belt and drool bib affixed,to your helmet. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Go check the mail. Maybe someone sent you actual hunting experience.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please continue to fill out Hurt Feeler Reports,in that high pitched Nasal Whine,as it sure is fhuqking soothing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist,as the Mail continues to be favorable. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Thinking 22 ARC is Hornady's answer to the 224 Valkyrie compitition. 224 Valkyrie never did anything for me. Expect no different with the 22 ARC. Still I ponder barrel life comparisons between the two & others. Expect I would be impressed with monolithic performance on game from either of these offerings.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
Go check the mail. Maybe someone sent you actual hunting experience.

About as much chance as finding virtue, honesty, morals, decency, and happiness in the alleged mail. Hint

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karen

Your Vagina Monologue is soothing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,being CLUELESS and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit is free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

How many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.