Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Any rifle can have a glitch. Check the variables and if that doesn’t work call the company. Edk

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
It's a Christensen Arms, what did you expect? Buying a CA is like playing roulette..

I'd suggest a new barrel or buy a tikka..

This.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd suggest a Begara! I've had several of these on my range and all shot extremely well using factory ammo!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My brother in law listened to all the hype on Tikka rifles. He bought a new one and of course he got the only one ever made that didn’t shoot. Tried many ammo from different companies. Put on and checked mounts and changed to proven scope. Took it back and got a Begara and problem solved.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Send it back to CA. I read on one of the websites that a guy replaced the trigger, had issues with accuracy and CA voided the warranty because he changed the trigger!

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ERK
My brother in law listened to all the hype on Tikka rifles. He bought a new one and of course he got the only one ever made that didn’t shoot. Tried many ammo from different companies. Put on and checked mounts and changed to proven scope. Took it back and got a Begara and problem solved.

You sound pretty biased against Tikka. Too bad because they always shoot way above their price point, in my experience. IF you can't shoot them well, it's not the rifle. An example: My buddy Troy doesn't like Tikka either. He says they don't shoot well:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That rifle is a proven shooter. My buddy Mark on the other hand, loves it:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That rifle shoots consistent sub moa 10 shot groups with the right person behind it.

Christensens on the other hand, have not. Especially the carbon fiber wrapped barrel models. The first real schidty one I saw was back in 2009. The guy missed his buck with it, then later that day was checking accuracy in camp. Rifle shot very poorly. Enough that I kept an eye on these rifles, to see if others were the same. Most shot like crap. It was a pretty high failure rate IMHO. Tikka's have just the opposite reputation. Do a little research for yourself, and while you are at it, see what issues the Bergara's have as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I hate to say it but what I've been around the Christensen rifles they have left me unimpressed..
Tikka is generally solid.

Bergara what I have been around them has been straight up 100% excellent stuff..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sako76
Send it back to CA. I read on one of the websites that a guy replaced the trigger, had issues with accuracy and CA voided the warranty because he changed the trigger!

They say it right in their literature. I bought a Mesa in 6.5 PRC and found that out. I immediately put it on consignment. Dealer I have known for 20 years used to be a CA dealer. No more.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I’m not against Tikka at all. I was just making the point that any gun made can have a glitch. I’m not crazy about Savage rifles but I own four of them because they shoot. Edk

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
must be i'm really really lucky. no accuracy issues with any of my Christensens, a Ridgeline in 28 Nosler that puts 3 rounds in a group that just cuts 3/10' of an inch. a 30-06 that shoots it's preferred load in half inch clusters, a Mesa in 7 rem mag that shoots about 3/4' groups

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m a lucky fella too. 5 CAs in the safe, all accurate.

Could be a bevy of things. I believe the phrase is start at the start.

Last edited by AKduck; 11/02/23.

Yup.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought two CA's and they both shot bad.
One was in 2" plus range (7T 223 Rem), and the other one was just over 3/4" (8T 6.5 Creed).
I bought them so cheap ($799 a piece) I knew if I had a bad barrel, I could rebarrel and not get burned.

Now I have a 20 Tactical and a 6GT (Krieger and Bartlein barrels)

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Send it back and don't screw with it. You might void their warranty if you even adjust the trigger. When you get it back put it on GB and count your blessings. I do not trust the QC at CA>

This!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I ran across yet another Christensen master piece yesterday. It was really laying them in there to the tune of 3 to 4 inch "groups" at 100 yards. They are truly something special.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Given you gals level of "knowledge","experience" and "results",I'm VERY "nervous",about this new rifle. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no doubt that CA is hit or miss on QC. That can't be argued. I was lucky in the accuracy department of both of mine, but one did have to go back for ejection issues. My Mesa 6.5 PRC is a ringer. It has shot everything sub MOA. My Mesa 6.5 Creed is good, and I suspect with a little more load development that I'll find something that it loves. My experience with CAs problem resolution was very good. I purposefully avoid conflating problem resolution with customer service. The very best customer service is delivering a product that doesn't require problem resolution.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Given you gals level of "knowledge","experience" and "results",I'm VERY "nervous",about this new rifle. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

What chambering is that one?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
7-08. Have read about them,but never shot one. Hint.

Apparently a 30-'06 necked up to .284". Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lemme preface this,by saying the rifle and chambering are VERY new to me,so please don't be mean. Hint.

I do't do Loudeners,under ANY circumstance(s). Chucked it up in the lathe and parted it off. Hint.

Milled a slot in the end,so it was easily snugged/removed. I rather like BURNT Bronze. Hint.

Bore was uniform and cleaned quickly,with Valve Grinding Compound. Hint.

Generally when I'm under the hood and post Grinding Compound,I like to hit the chamber for real. Hint.

Knocked the trigger lighter,by 270-degrees. No rattle-tattle in the stock or upon metal,to indicate bedding woe(s). Hint.

COAL latitude is more friendly than most. Hint.

Stock is a HEAVY Bitch. Hint.

To be fhuqking continued. Hint...................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Intellesting finding,under the hood. Hint.

Firing pin tip is bent,but isn't/wasn't dead headed in bolt. No thang to straighten and dress. Hint.

I like a smidge of Crisco in The Boiler Room. Hint.

WhileI keep extra extries of everything on hand,I cain't find my 'pin stash. Ordered more,so I'll find the existing quickly. Hint.(grin)

To be fhuqking continued. Hint...................

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,315 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,256
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.