24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4570Guy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone, I’m as green as they come as far as membership here. Though I have found a lot of info on this site from searches over the years. Being an avid reloader and hunter of many different calibers I do enjoy the conversations on here and figured it was time to be able to post and ask questions.

Also I’m trying to navigate on here as I’m looking to find a 35 whelen bolt action if anyone has any guidance. Much appreciated either way.

HR IC

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
The best way is to get the '06 or .270 of your choice and send it off to JES for reboring. He does great work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4570Guy
Hello everyone, I’m as green as they come as far as membership here. Though I have found a lot of info on this site from searches over the years. Being an avid reloader and hunter of many different calibers I do enjoy the conversations on here and figured it was time to be able to post and ask questions.

Also I’m trying to navigate on here as I’m looking to find a 35 whelen bolt action if anyone has any guidance. Much appreciated either way.

If you dont want to rebore, scroll the forum menu waaaaaaay down until you see a forum called free classifieds. The search function doesn't seem to work very well, but you'll figure it out... or not... & spend hours looking thru the posts.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pabucktail
The best way is to get the '06 or .270 of your choice and send it off to JES for reboring. He does great work.

This is the quickest and usually best way.

Welcome aboard.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4570Guy

You may find some sellers and buyers reluctant to deal with a new member. As I am sure you are aware, there are scammers aplenty out there.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You should know the routine by now!

So, from me to you……Welcome from North-Central Wyoming!

So, what part of the world do ya call home? Good luck with that Whelen search! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The best way to make friends here is to be honest about Tikkas being cheap plastic junk and to post about it a lot laugh laugh laugh

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Welcome 4570Guy! I am attuned to anything Whelen related and have only noticed one such rifle currently for sale on the Classifides but that could change any moment. I am far from the guy to advise on the technical features of this site but would (1)click on the search button (magnifying glass upper right on your screen) (2) click on the Advanced Forum search (3) add your search topic in the Key search terms box (4) click on the forum you want to search from the list on the left side. If you already are doing this, I've nothing to add except you could place a "wanted to buy" add in the classifieds. Either way, welcome and good luck on a worthwhile pursuit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 50 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.