-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm building a 6mm arc. I have a wilson combat 18" barrel. It has a intermediate gas system. I have a seekins adjustable gas block. Toolcraft nickel bcg. It will be shot unsuppressed and suppressed. Plan on tuning to run unsuppressed then I guess it will just have to be over gassed when ran with a can. I'm hearing they can be picky. So my question is what buffer should I run?

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Curious too.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Give them a shout and see what they suggest is best,for their spout. Hint.

I'm quick to weight up on such things and all of my 224 and 243 Grendels wear Rifle Gas. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
8 oz buffers with most of the weight unsprung is a very good place to be both suppressed and loud.

You didn't tell us what lenght of extension?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
8 oz buffers with most of the weight unsprung is a very good place to be both suppressed and loud.

Carbine tube with magpul slr stock. Trying to stay short and light. But still wanted the little extra velocity from the 18 to the 16. I'll be shooting 75 vmax, not heavies. It's going to be my new tractor rig for varmint control. So getting it out the window or the door with the extra length of a can will slow me down. Ha So that's when it will be unsuppressed. If I'm walking or shooting off the bench. The can will be on it, which don't really plan on shooting off the bench once it's zero'ed. And yes I'm to shoot it both to see if my POI changes with out w/o the can. Lol

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With an adjustable gas block, I generally try to go as light as I can on buffer & spring weight....................that's a part of the logic for using one, to be able to tune it down, reduce reciprocating mass, thus less recoil.

If you tune it to be optimum suppressed, it's not a big deal to re-tune it loud as it should be, & make a note (beforehand) of how much adjustment you need to get there.

What AGB are you using?

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 50vmaxshooter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Carbine tube with magpul slr stock. Trying to stay short and light. But still wanted the little extra velocity from the 18 to the 16. I'll be shooting 75 vmax, not heavies. It's going to be my new tractor rig for varmint control. So getting it out the window or the door with the extra length of a can will slow me down. Ha So that's when it will be unsuppressed. If I'm walking or shooting off the bench. The can will be on it, which don't really plan on shooting off the bench once it's zero'ed. And yes I'm to shoot it both to see if my POI changes with out w/o the can. Lol

Well shooting from the cab of the tractor will be the time you will most like the suppressor.

Unsprung buffer weight plus M-16 type carriers offer benifits in both suppressed and loud configurations.

Contrary to common thought a heavy buffer/carrier will help with many undergassed guns due to the delay in the mass moving.

It's counter intuitive.

Heavy buffer/carriers will also reduce port pop when suppressed and reduce the noise at the shooters ear.

The sweet spot is a full auto/M-16 carrier and 8 ozs of buffer.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
With an adjustable gas block, I generally try to go as light as I can on buffer & spring weight....................that's a part of the logic for using one, to be able to tune it down, reduce reciprocating mass, thus less recoil.

If you tune it to be optimum suppressed, it's not a big deal to re-tune it loud as it should be, & make a note (beforehand) of how much adjustment you need to get there.

What AGB are you using?

MM

Seekins AGB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.