Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sure hate hearing that anyone has to face cancer. It is good that you were proactive with your doctor and hopefully, your discovery is early enough to allow you a head start in beating this awful disease. My prayers are with you and I wish you good luck to boot.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wish you all the best. Prayers.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck with this
Stay positive

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Fight hard Erik! All my best wishes for you and the family!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Short story. I went to the hospital back in February because I thought I was having a heart attack. Ended up I was severely dehydrated and I joked it was a $3,000 bottle of water. Everything fine, but the platelets are low, likely from the dehydration. I took my 30th Anniversary in April trip to Greece, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, etc. Then caught a bug on return and got multi-focal pneumonia. It put me int he hospital for days and then weeks to recover. Took the wife on a Caribbean cruise for the real anniversary date and had a great time just chilling on beaches. Like a Corona commercial for 10 days straight. Two weeks later, I'm reviewing my charts from the hospital and noticed a couple of blood tests that were out of whack, including the platelets. My PC doc said not to worry, that when you are sick with infection, your blood counts get wonky. I told him okay, but now that I'm better, shouldn't we run the same tests as a precaution to insure nothing was wrong? He humored me and ordered the tests. Low WBC, Low RBC, Low platelets, High mean corpuscle volume, low hematocrit, low hemoglobin. I get a referral to a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy.

The phone call came yesterday confirming cancer.

Guys - Do it all. Don't wait for retirement. Take the trip. Love deeply, LIVE recklessly. Don't waste a day.

Good Luck Sir...

Your counsel is indeed wise...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Short story. I went to the hospital back in February because I thought I was having a heart attack. Ended up I was severely dehydrated and I joked it was a $3,000 bottle of water. Everything fine, but the platelets are low, likely from the dehydration. I took my 30th Anniversary in April trip to Greece, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, etc. Then caught a bug on return and got multi-focal pneumonia. It put me int he hospital for days and then weeks to recover. Took the wife on a Caribbean cruise for the real anniversary date and had a great time just chilling on beaches. Like a Corona commercial for 10 days straight. Two weeks later, I'm reviewing my charts from the hospital and noticed a couple of blood tests that were out of whack, including the platelets. My PC doc said not to worry, that when you are sick with infection, your blood counts get wonky. I told him okay, but now that I'm better, shouldn't we run the same tests as a precaution to insure nothing was wrong? He humored me and ordered the tests. Low WBC, Low RBC, Low platelets, High mean corpuscle volume, low hematocrit, low hemoglobin. I get a referral to a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy.

The phone call came yesterday confirming cancer.

Guys - Do it all. Don't wait for retirement. Take the trip. Love deeply, LIVE recklessly. Don't waste a day.

I am sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to those who have to fight this battle and their loved ones. It's a tough road. You and yours are in my prayers.

On a side note, it seems a lot of people coming back from Europe come back sick. My wife and her friends came back sick. My neighbor came back sick got pneumonia and was in ICU for 3 days. At the barber shop yesterday I overheard a conversation about the same.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers from Va.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Cancer Sucks, Fight it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Two time survivor, ( still here). Pick a Doctor you trust. If you don't feel good they got this, go somewhere else. Don't stop getting the best care possible.

Best wishes and stay strong. Attitude means a lot.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Best to you and family, the big C can be some sneaky stuff. Do the diet and the med treatment both. People with good health have no idea how fragile and fleeting good health really is.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I recently got similar news except they called me into the doctor's office and cost me a $40 co-pay to hear the news. It was an organ that was triple-sized from what it should be, low WBC, platelets, etc. I was referred to Siteman Cancer Center. Despite bloodwork looking that way, the physician at the cancer center gave me hope and told me that often autoimmune disease can present much like cancer and called it "cancer's cousin". Following biopsies, they found granulomas which indicated it was indeed auto-immune disease. Sed-rate, ANA, CRP, and other labs confirmed it. I'm about to start methotrexate and immunosuppressant drugs after a few months of high-dose steroids.

This is affecting four to five organs, and may ultimately lead to organ failure, but it is treatable. Having a plan, staying positive, and doing the enjoyable things in life have kept me positive going forward. Don't quit, don't give up.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Time to open up a can of whoop-ass. Attitude and mindset makes a big difference when it comes to fighting cancer especially. Wishing you the best.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Praying bro.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent for healing and courage you and your family need for this unexpected journey.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WyColoCowboy,

Wonderful philosophy on life. I wish you a stupendous victory on this journey.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best wishes from Idaho.

Black Cows Matter!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have had 3 kinds of lymphoma, and beat them all. The treatment paths have come a long way
To be fair chemo is challeging but you CAN WIN THIS FIGHT!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not good news, sorry to hear that I hate the word cancer. My wife goes in for surgery 11-8-23 to remove a Large Adnexal Mass on ovaries won't know if it's cancer till a biopsy is done. She's 61 it's scary her mom died from uterus cancer at 64.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Win this one WY…. Just flat out beat it.
Many here with ears if you need one.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Sorry you got cancer. I hope you beat it!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.