Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Short story. I went to the hospital back in February because I thought I was having a heart attack. Ended up I was severely dehydrated and I joked it was a $3,000 bottle of water. Everything fine, but the platelets are low, likely from the dehydration. I took my 30th Anniversary in April trip to Greece, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, etc. Then caught a bug on return and got multi-focal pneumonia. It put me int he hospital for days and then weeks to recover. Took the wife on a Caribbean cruise for the real anniversary date and had a great time just chilling on beaches. Like a Corona commercial for 10 days straight. Two weeks later, I'm reviewing my charts from the hospital and noticed a couple of blood tests that were out of whack, including the platelets. My PC doc said not to worry, that when you are sick with infection, your blood counts get wonky. I told him okay, but now that I'm better, shouldn't we run the same tests as a precaution to insure nothing was wrong? He humored me and ordered the tests. Low WBC, Low RBC, Low platelets, High mean corpuscle volume, low hematocrit, low hemoglobin. I get a referral to a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy.

The phone call came yesterday confirming cancer.

Guys - Do it all. Don't wait for retirement. Take the trip. Love deeply, LIVE recklessly. Don't waste a day.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 10/28/23.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I hope you fight it and win big. Prayers offered.
B

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry to hear of your troubles. What type? Prognosis?

Keep your head up.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sorry. Kick its ass!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry to hear

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate reading this, godspeed

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fight despair as a blood sworn enemy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope and good thoughts headed your way! Stay positive!

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh man, so sorry. I hope it's treatable. Lung cancer took my Dad in 2012 and it always hurts to see that someone has cancer of some sort.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, glad you got some bucket list items done. Do more if you can. Sue your PC. Best to you, have lost too many to Cancer. The clock is running on us all. Most are unaware. Look outside the box for arms in the battle. Suzanne Somers got 20 + years. Strength and honor brother.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Sorry to hear. Hope you deal with it successfully. Good Luck!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No Scheit! My wife and I are coming off a bunch of surgeries since 2019, pulmonary and structural. One more for her and we are off for about five or six expensive trips. I’m 79, she is a young 77.
There will be plenty left for the kids.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Prayers done here for your problems remission.

Heck, since HE doesn't charge us for them, they are free.

Take care and GOD Bless.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/28/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry to hear this, prayers sent!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll have the exact diagnosis next Friday. Could be a few different things, but they've ruled out leukemia and Multiple Myeloma. I've got the best blood cancer team in Colorado working for me.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
What's the diagnosis?

Hoping it's CLL/CML. Pretty good prognosis.

Is it myeloid leukemia? Or something else?

Prayers regardless.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What's the diagnosis?

Hoping it's CLL/CML. Pretty good prognosis.

Is it myeloid leukemia? Or something else?

Prayers regardless.

Not sure yet, Doc said it was rare and they had some gene mapping to do to nail it down. Less than 1,000 cases/year the US.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry to hear,best of luck to you.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry to hear this and prayers for your fight.

You point out a very important thing about being your own patient advocate. It's extremely important that if folks think something isn't right, ask questions and push for answers. You know your own body better than any doctor. That questioning attitude is something that can save your life.

Not to detract from your thread, but I'll share a story on why it's so important that people have a questioning mindset and push for answers with the medical folks.

My brother started his ordeal with blood in his urine. It was diagnosed as a bladder infection and prescribed some antibiotics. Went off and on for months with reoccurring "bladder infections". Finally, they did some more testing and diagnosed a "spongy kidney" that could leak blood into the urine. They tell him nothing to worry about, fairly common to experience blood in the urine from time to time. Went another year and a half dealing with blood in the urine until he had excruciating back pain. Diagnosed as kidney stone, "it will pass" they tell him. Weeks later he goes in because he can't take it anymore. They do more testing, cancer in the kidney, ureter, bladder. Had now spread to liver, brain, lungs. Passed away at the age of 45.

Almost 2 years of a faulty diagnosis. When we reflected on it, he said that once he got the "good news" that it's not cancer, he stopped questioning it, even though he felt something wasn't right. If he had a second opinion early on, who knows, they might have caught it early enough. It's important for people to take control of their own patient advocacy and also for your loved ones.

Best wishes for a good outcome with your diagnosis.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wishing you the best.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Good luck.

Maybe they will name it after you.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wishing you all the best.

Hugh
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Stay positive. There are good people in the medical field. A friend has a rare blood disease where he makes too many blood cells. Medicine he takes is unbelievably expensive. He had new veins put in his legs from groin to ankle because his old ones were restricting blood flow. He gets his blood checked very regularly . While you still feel good, think about maybe getting a battery operated scooter for your vehicle and take a look at your home to improve the challenges you may face. I wish you the very best and I hope you beat this challenge in your life. Alan

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RAM
Well, glad you got some bucket list items done. Do more if you can. Sue your PC. Best to you, have lost too many to Cancer. The clock is running on us all. Most are unaware. Look outside the box for arms in the battle. Suzanne Somers got 20 + years. Strength and honor brother.

"Sue your PC." Yeah, that'll help. RAM, you're a moron.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry to hear it. Prayer for healing sent.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear you have to go through this WCC, no body should have to.

Prayers for you and your family, Kick it's ass Brother!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by KFWA

+1

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear that. I recently joined the cancer club as well. All we can do is fight like hell and pray.
Glad to hear you have a good team of Docs.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Always remember we here in this physical world always die young. Eternity waits. It can’t be explained by current science and can’t be refuted by the same. It is accepted on faith in the Creator and fulfilled in death. I have 3 separate cancers behind me that were diagnosed in 14 months. 4 surgeries, the grace of God, and a loving, caring wife later I’m still here. I cannot say exactly why, only that it is by His hand and there is work yet to be done on His behalf.

I have lifted you up in prayer and will continue us to do so. Praying He will speak to you in a voice you can hear with words you can understand. And praying your healing will fit into his will.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by KFWA

+1

+2 I hate cancer. I wish you all the best in the fight ahead.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by RAM

Geeze....what is that all about?

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I hate to hear this news. Prayers for your healing, from us in N.C.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Very sorry to hear this, prayers for a complete healing and many more good healthy years.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM

Yeah, stop thinking about your family. You're a genius

Re-read his story. The poor man had to over rule his PC to get his diagnosis.

They all carry Malpractice. Free money. Why leave it on the table when it can go to your loved one's

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Prayers sent from south Jersey for God to give your team of doctors the skills and knowledge to bring you through this.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eric, Thank you for this account of your progressing experience and your sound advice to all, particularly the matter of self study and advocacy on your own behalf. It is sobering and helpful, as you intended, and your spirit vibrates in the post.

I am praying for an accurate diagnosis, swift treatment and healing to stop this threat to your life. May your wife and sons continue to be blessed through having you with them for many more years.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My time of working in hospitals... both in the military and afterwards... I've worked in cancer wards..
First thing I can tell you because I saw it over and over... Nothing mattered more than a good attitude, and I've also seen people with a good prognosis, but they freaked out, got depressed over it all, and they ended up burying them in 6 months....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Prayers sent! My father passed from MDS cancer at 89 which is very rare ( less than 10K cases a year). It was treatable, he didn’t want to do chemo. Fight it and I wish you the best!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praying for you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sure hate hearing that anyone has to face cancer. It is good that you were proactive with your doctor and hopefully, your discovery is early enough to allow you a head start in beating this awful disease. My prayers are with you and I wish you good luck to boot.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Wish you all the best. Prayers.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck with this
Stay positive

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Fight hard Erik! All my best wishes for you and the family!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Short story. I went to the hospital back in February because I thought I was having a heart attack. Ended up I was severely dehydrated and I joked it was a $3,000 bottle of water. Everything fine, but the platelets are low, likely from the dehydration. I took my 30th Anniversary in April trip to Greece, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, etc. Then caught a bug on return and got multi-focal pneumonia. It put me int he hospital for days and then weeks to recover. Took the wife on a Caribbean cruise for the real anniversary date and had a great time just chilling on beaches. Like a Corona commercial for 10 days straight. Two weeks later, I'm reviewing my charts from the hospital and noticed a couple of blood tests that were out of whack, including the platelets. My PC doc said not to worry, that when you are sick with infection, your blood counts get wonky. I told him okay, but now that I'm better, shouldn't we run the same tests as a precaution to insure nothing was wrong? He humored me and ordered the tests. Low WBC, Low RBC, Low platelets, High mean corpuscle volume, low hematocrit, low hemoglobin. I get a referral to a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy.

Guys - Do it all. Don't wait for retirement. Take the trip. Love deeply, LIVE recklessly. Don't waste a day.

Good Luck Sir...

Your counsel is indeed wise...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I am sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to those who have to fight this battle and their loved ones. It's a tough road. You and yours are in my prayers.

On a side note, it seems a lot of people coming back from Europe come back sick. My wife and her friends came back sick. My neighbor came back sick got pneumonia and was in ICU for 3 days. At the barber shop yesterday I overheard a conversation about the same.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers from Va.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Cancer Sucks, Fight it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Two time survivor, ( still here). Pick a Doctor you trust. If you don't feel good they got this, go somewhere else. Don't stop getting the best care possible.

Best wishes and stay strong. Attitude means a lot.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Best to you and family, the big C can be some sneaky stuff. Do the diet and the med treatment both. People with good health have no idea how fragile and fleeting good health really is.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently got similar news except they called me into the doctor's office and cost me a $40 co-pay to hear the news. It was an organ that was triple-sized from what it should be, low WBC, platelets, etc. I was referred to Siteman Cancer Center. Despite bloodwork looking that way, the physician at the cancer center gave me hope and told me that often autoimmune disease can present much like cancer and called it "cancer's cousin". Following biopsies, they found granulomas which indicated it was indeed auto-immune disease. Sed-rate, ANA, CRP, and other labs confirmed it. I'm about to start methotrexate and immunosuppressant drugs after a few months of high-dose steroids.

This is affecting four to five organs, and may ultimately lead to organ failure, but it is treatable. Having a plan, staying positive, and doing the enjoyable things in life have kept me positive going forward. Don't quit, don't give up.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Time to open up a can of whoop-ass. Attitude and mindset makes a big difference when it comes to fighting cancer especially. Wishing you the best.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Praying bro.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent for healing and courage you and your family need for this unexpected journey.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WyColoCowboy,

Wonderful philosophy on life. I wish you a stupendous victory on this journey.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best wishes from Idaho.

Black Cows Matter!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have had 3 kinds of lymphoma, and beat them all. The treatment paths have come a long way
To be fair chemo is challeging but you CAN WIN THIS FIGHT!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not good news, sorry to hear that I hate the word cancer. My wife goes in for surgery 11-8-23 to remove a Large Adnexal Mass on ovaries won't know if it's cancer till a biopsy is done. She's 61 it's scary her mom died from uterus cancer at 64.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Win this one WY…. Just flat out beat it.
Many here with ears if you need one.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Sorry you got cancer. I hope you beat it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am so sorry to hear that. The best of luck to you! As a cancer survivor for eight years now, I want to offer a little advice. Watch your mental health. Depression and anxiety are very common when people are diagnosed with cancer. Nobody told me that and I was well on my way to being divorced before I got control of it. I'm not saying it will happen to you but at least be aware that it can happen. Best wishes to you for sure!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Very sorry to hear of your medical issues…..wishing you the very best in the upcoming battle! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Best of luck.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The best to you.
Don't stop fighting

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best of luck and don't ever give up.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It’s just another thing to say you’ve overcome! Live happily, love deeply and keep on fighting for another day! Prayers your way good sir!

Keep Smiling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve gotten that same call. Keep on truckin’

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
Prayers sent!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bbassi
I hope you fight it and win big. Prayers offered.
B

In spades....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all for the kind words. I've got a good attitude, great wife, grown sons. I've been telling folks for years to live well why they can. There are no guarantees. So glad that I traveled during Covid. Got to see the pyramids, Calvary, walk the streets that Paul walked and stood where he preached. I've never had a depressive day in my life and not going to start now.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thoughts and prayers from here.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Prayers incoming. They worked for my wife who is cancer free now for 23 years.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks all for the kind words. I've got a good attitude, great wife, grown sons. I've been telling folks for years to live well why they can. There are no guarantees. So glad that I traveled during Covid. Got to see the pyramids, Calvary, walk the streets that Paul walked and stood where he preached. I've never had a depressive day in my life and not going to start now.
Right on !

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Prayers

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Prayers
+1

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F cancer! Lost my mom to it.

I’m sorry brother and wishing you the best.

This if kind of f…ed up.
But Only good thing about cancer is you know you’re on limited time vs a surprise death, like a car accident. . It gives you perspective on life, time to deal with things and say your goodbyes.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
F cancer

Hope you beat it!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayer sent for healing, comforting, and strength.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I got that call in 1991. Took the treatment and have been cancer-free for 32 years and counting. Good luck and hang in there.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Best wishes!

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Prayers for you and your family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that, prayers for a full and speedy cancer ass kicking!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear that news and prayers are with you and your family in this horrible battle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear this. Praying.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear of your Dx, wife just recently lost a kidney to CA, found by accident on an MRI for back pain.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
God speed. Hope your recovery goes well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck sir , on the lighter side just think ...Obama put Biden in charge of cancer ,I'd be knocking on his door see how things are coming along...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my thoughts. Did they tell you the type of cancer and a prognosis?

Carpe' Scrotum
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
WyColoCowboy: Stay strong and win this skirmish.
Prayers sent.
Appreciate the advice also.
It strongly coincides with my life philosophy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
untold thousands beat cancer every day, i trust you will be one of them. prayers sent for you and your loved ones.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
WCC,

I got the call in 2017. Stay positive and get yourself ready to fight. You'll be in our prayers.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Cancer sucks, wish you the best.

Lost my dad in 2015 to cancer.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well schit. This is not good news at all.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be strong my friend. All of us will be and are praying for you and a blessed outcome.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a huge number of folks here are pulling for you. Prayers for your recovery.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wish you God’s peace and healing. Nothing but the best possible outcome, in the name of Jesus.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Prayers coming your way. Godspeed on your treatment.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I hate reading this, too. Fight it with all you strength. I'm praying for you.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Dear God,
Bless this good man and his family during this fight. We rebuke this illness and pray for strength and complete healing thru your Care and Mercy. Amen.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Prayers for you sir !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hang in there you have modern medical technology in your favor, continued research and collaboration among researchers, hospitals and pharma. My colleagues brother age 78 was diagnosed 6 months ago with a nasty blood disease. Odds were 6% of life less than 2 years.Doctor sent him to Moffett, a renowned cancer center in Florida. After much deliberation and consultation he ended up at Dana FARBER in Boston, another renowned hospital. Got a stem cell transplant and is doing very well. Staying with his bro in CT and goes back to Dana FARBER.
So many excellent hospitals throughout the country.
The doctors are encouraged and he is doing very well. Had lunch with him with our office staff yesterday and he said he is doing very well.

Stay focused, ask a lot of questions, god bless.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
So sorry to hear. 🙏🙏🙏

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Every single one of us is "one phone call away"...

Earnestness... in all that you do...

Before and after that phone call...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve lost close family and friends to cancer. It’s a plague that has touched almost everyone in one way or another.

I’ve thought about, at my age, how I would handle the same news you received. Would I seek out the best care I could find? Would I move away from traditional medicine, if I didn’t see positive results to try something a little more on the fringe of medicine?…

Or would I go entirely go off the reservation and say, I’m good. I just gonna run with what’s been diagnosed and live my days doing what I want to do, need to do for others in my orbit, and things I should have done before I got the news.

I’m not certain where I will land on the above question, but I admire your strength.

Best to you and your family.

-Mark

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and prayers for you and your family.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn that sucks. Dig in and kick it's ass!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Yeah, stop thinking about your family. You're a genius

Re-read his story. The poor man had to over rule his PC to get his diagnosis.

They all carry Malpractice. Free money. Why leave it on the table when it can go to your loved one's

Not "free money" - it comes from every patient he has.
A friend who was an MD told me 30+ years ago that, of every dollar that came in - 50 cents went to malpractice insurance.
Every patient pays that bill - and I shudder to think what the rate is up to now.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well sir, your health is in my prayers and every one else who has to deal with that prognosis...

Hope modern day medicine they can reverse it...

They sure would reverse it for all of these senators, congressmen & women, and members of the Executive Branch and Judicial Branch of our Federal Government.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A friend who was an MD told me 30+ years ago that, of every dollar that came in - 50 cents went to malpractice insurance.
Every patient pays that bill - and I shudder to think what the rate is up to now.

Back in January 1988, I was in the office of the Head Cardiologist at St Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, as a vendor for their Cardiology Program. It was one of the largest in the nation. He told me that he had never been sued by any patient or entity in his career. But told me that earlier that month, he had to pay his insurance company $850,000.00 for his premium for the year, by December 31st 1987, to be able to open his doors on January 2, 1988.

And that was 35 years ago....Lord knows what it is in today's world.

Over the years, I've had hundreds of doctors as clients and customers for the companies I worked for, as a vendor.
Can't tell you how many I've known that have left being in practice, due to the costs of insurance.. and have gone on to be those doctors that work for attorneys as a professional consultant in court cases. They don't have to pay the insurance overhead, and they can make even more money doing that, than being a patient seeing doctor... even at big medical centers.

Health care is a racket in this country and has been for the last 40 plus years.

I just lost my current doctor this past June, for the exact same reason... The Hospital here can't recruit another to replace him and is having a severe physician shortage overall. Know local doctors who have large practices and are getting out of the business of seeing patients... too much overhead, laws getting stringent, where patients can file a complaint at the drop of a hat over nothing... and in Oregon, all these drug addict transients, get free health care and then file a complaint against medical personnel, that can loses them their jobs.. and the hospitals won't get involved to back their employees. That is why I lost my primary care physician in June... some drug addict filed a complaint against him with the state, the hospital wouldn't back him up at all... the Doc was a graduate of Harvard Medical School and was only 35 years old...

Welcome to health care under DemocRATs.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's been a few weeks, a few very busy weeks and I have an update. I was diagnosed a week ago last Friday with Harry Cell Leukemia, a rare but treatable form of bone marrow cancer. I started chemo last Wednesday and have had chemo everyday since until this morning. I get the weekend off and then we resume next week for a few days in a row. I'm doing okay with the chemo and looking very forward to getting the chemo portion of my treatment behind me. Immunotherapy to follow in the coming months, but my prognosis is good. Thanks for all the kind words thoughts and messages sent to me. My spirits are high and I'm grateful for my wonderful wife and my cancer team at the Colorado blood cancer institute. One of my sons will be home for Thanksgiving so it will be good to have part of our family together and everyone will be home for Christmas.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 11/11/23.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Excellent news and outlook you have Wyo, all the best to you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been a few weeks, a few very busy weeks and I have an update. I was diagnosed a week ago last Friday with Harry Cell Leukemia, a rare but treatable form of bone marrow cancer. I started chemo last Wednesday and have had chemo everyday since until this morning. I get the weekend off and then we resume next week for a few days in a row. I'm doing okay with the chemo and looking very forward to getting the chemo portion of my treatment behind me. Immunotherapy to follow in the coming months, but my prognosis is good. Thanks for all the kind words thoughts and messages sent to me. My spirits are high and I'm grateful for my wonderful wife and my cancer team at the Colorado blood cancer institute. One of my sons will be home for Thanksgiving so it will be good to have part of our family together and everyone will be home for Christmas.

I suppose that's about as good as the news could get given what you were up against. So relieved for you that there's a lot of hope on the horizon. Chemo is rough. You'll remain in my prayers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

Good man,

Keep that attitude and continue to live every day you can with it.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Continue to pray for you.

Wishing you all the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hang in there hoping you beat this. My wife came home yesterday from surgery she has late stage 2 ovarian cancer. So I know what you and your family are dealing with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for this welcomed update - so very pleased to know this. Fight on, and enjoy these holidays.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Prayers sent your way from Canada WyColoCowboy!

Having been a cowboy in my youth, I know how tough you are, Cancer picked the wrong fight you have it licked already!

God Bless ~

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just go kick that fugger’s ass…

Re-read that: I meant Cancer, that is, not your son.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You’ve been in my prayers since I read this.

With the positive attitude that you have along with the true love and support that you’re blessed to have from your wife and family you’re already 90% of the way there! With the good Lord’s guidance your doctors will take you the last 10% of the way and over the finish line you’ll go….cancer free!

You don’t sound like a guy that has trouble figuring out what is truly important in life and your priorities in life align with mine which I’ve found makes facing whatever adversity life throws at us much easier to face. When you have the love and support of a caring spouse nothing seems “impossible”….. if you’re like me I’m thankful that I’m the one who is facing the uphill battle rather than my wife or children.

God bless YOU and your FAMILY as you move forward and beat this for good!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
For yourself and your family Google Ivermectin for cancer treatment. Best of luck.

Life is good live it while you can.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What Ace said!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good deals on a diagnosis of something treatable.

Hope it all goes well from this point on................at least as well as it can.

Cancer sucks donkey balls.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You got this, brother!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the update WCC.

Grit your teeth and kick it's ass!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Seafire

Back in January 1988, I was in the office of the Head Cardiologist at St Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, as a vendor for their Cardiology Program. It was one of the largest in the nation. He told me that he had never been sued by any patient or entity in his career. But told me that earlier that month, he had to pay his insurance company $850,000.00 for his premium for the year, by December 31st 1987, to be able to open his doors on January 2, 1988.

And that was 35 years ago....Lord knows what it is in today's world.

Over the years, I've had hundreds of doctors as clients and customers for the companies I worked for, as a vendor.
Can't tell you how many I've known that have left being in practice, due to the costs of insurance.. and have gone on to be those doctors that work for attorneys as a professional consultant in court cases. They don't have to pay the insurance overhead, and they can make even more money doing that, than being a patient seeing doctor... even at big medical centers.

Health care is a racket in this country and has been for the last 40 plus years.

I just lost my current doctor this past June, for the exact same reason... The Hospital here can't recruit another to replace him and is having a severe physician shortage overall. Know local doctors who have large practices and are getting out of the business of seeing patients... too much overhead, laws getting stringent, where patients can file a complaint at the drop of a hat over nothing... and in Oregon, all these drug addict transients, get free health care and then file a complaint against medical personnel, that can loses them their jobs.. and the hospitals won't get involved to back their employees. That is why I lost my primary care physician in June... some drug addict filed a complaint against him with the state, the hospital wouldn't back him up at all... the Doc was a graduate of Harvard Medical School and was only 35 years old...

Welcome to health care under DemocRATs.

And Obamas Unafordable Health Care act was designed for just that, to put Drs out of practice.

Reimbursement for seeing and treating Medicare patients was reduced by 75% in many instances while no reduction in rent, utilities, insurance or office and technical help was seen.

Hey, the Drs weren't going out of business, they were just "retiring". BS. The ones seeing a lot of elderly couldn't afford to stay in practice.

The govt saves a lot of money having people over 65 die. The govt saves so much money they worked up a deal to help that happen with Covid-19, respirators and Remdisivir. What, like only 10% put on respirators survived?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I hate hearing about this. Prayers for a full recovery. Try to stay as positive as possible.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

Modern therapies give you a good prognosis.

Keep praying for you, your family and the team.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,310
Posts18,526,238
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.