Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by anothergun
Wheel weight are ~12 but what have are 15 so whoever or where ever you got that information “Mr l shoot a lot” go back and research it again. But on with the silver tips

Your googlefu, sucks.

Wheel weights will vary from 9 to 12 depending on what company made them, how fast a casting is cooled and with what, if they are heat treated, and if Sn is added for better flow. For all intents and purposes you should defer to assuming the lowest hardness and work from there.

A BHN of 12 is 94.5 % Pb, 3% Sn, and 2.5% Sb.....and is known as "Electrotype". As you would say, "Google it".

Again, since you didn't hear it the first time, whatever you have there is not significantly harder than pure lead.

Water quench 15 you friggin homo. Are you this persistent to peoples faces, or are you just a major coward?

Last edited by anothergun; 10/31/23.
HR IC

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wheel weight are ~12 but what have are 15 so whoever or where ever you got that information “Mr l shoot a lot” go back and research it again. But on with the silver tips

Your googlefu, sucks.

Wheel weights will vary from 9 to 12 depending on what company made them, how fast a casting is cooled and with what, if they are heat treated, and if Sn is added for better flow. For all intents and purposes you should defer to assuming the lowest hardness and work from there.

A BHN of 12 is 94.5 % Pb, 3% Sn, and 2.5% Sb.....and is known as "Electrotype". As you would say, "Google it".

Again, since you didn't hear it the first time, whatever you have there is not significantly harder than pure lead.

Water quench 15 you friggin homo. Are you this persistent to peoples faces, or are you just a major coward?

We all know you are just as stupid in person.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Funny.. l know what l do and what you can’t do based on the BS you guys post here you fing little pussy.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Funny.. l know what l do and what you can’t do based on the BS you guys post here you fing little pussy.
The irony is that you posted that to you, which makes sense. Afterall, you can't shoot much because it's a long drive to the range.

Go back to your basement you idiotic sob.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Is that where you are now ? Don’t get lost. I was warned to stay away from forums, this hobbie really is trial and error. Think l might do that.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by beretzs
Anybody know what the core on a Hornady ELD M or X runs for hardness?

Weight is just a number according to them. You think all bullet manufacturers agree?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you this persistent to peoples faces, or are you just a major coward?

The invite is never not open Skippy.

As my son would say, bring your pink slip and show me.

We'll even grill ya a steak and hand ya a beer afterwards per the etiquette of Appalachian hospitality, to sooth your fragile hurt feelings and calm your triggered irrational emotions.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was warned to stay away from forums

Probably more like your mom yelling at you to quit burning up the internet bill.

Think l might do that.

Best move you have left to make.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
I think you need to pack it up and take a walk LMAO l wouldn’t waste my gas let alone my time with fathead like you. You probably couldn’t even see straight let alone walk straight.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/01/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by outgunnedagain
I think you’re all mouth and a major POS

Translation: hurt feelings, triggered emotions.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Truth…If that’s true then why are you the one who always gets upset honey when people don’t agree with you ?! 🤣!

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Ok....ok.....okay!!!

Denser than a TEN foot thick granite wall.

SORRY, my bad!! Damn.

Who’s crying now mo mo ! HYPOCRITE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is that where you are now ? Don’t get lost. I was warned to stay away from forums, this hobbie really is trial and error. Think l might do that.

Did you not give the impression you were leaving this forum many years ago?
Gee I guess If I'm all alone in my squabble, I must be wrong.

Happy hunting. Oh don't forget to debate about who has the right cartridge round yer fire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by outgunnedagain
Truth…If that’s true then why are you the one who always gets upset honey when people don’t agree with you ?! 🤣!

Let's recap:

You start a thread about a long defunct bullet that at best was a roll of the dice to begin with, and in this modern era, nobody even cares about. You make wild claims and pose like you know something. It's pointed out by several that you don't.
You fire off an email question to a bullet maker that never made your long defunct bullet, floundering around for something, anything, to really show us up this time.
You misinterpret the response that you get back as somehow supporting your wild claims, because deciphering the context of the written english language was never one of your grand superpowers.
That misinterpretation is also pointed out to you by several. You're given a few real world facts, which you flippantly ignore because everyone on this site is just a stupid head.
You then proceed to claim victimhood because everyone here is a big meanie too. 6 pages going on 7 later it still baffles you how you're getting treated. Ignorance can be cured by education, there is no cure for stupidity beyond Darwin's Theory of evolution.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
and a harder core base AND … INTERLOCK BAND has nothing to do with it. So how did does thier line WITHOUT a cannelure LOCK ? but Good to know you’re convinced it helps.

What precisely do you mean by harder core base?
Email Sierra and ask them

First of all, I was referring to your comment in a post about the Interlock, a Hornady product.

Second, I don't believe Sierra has ever used differential hardness in their cores. Speer used to in the Grand Slam.
and a harder core base AND … INTERLOCK BAND has nothing to do with it. So how did does thier line WITHOUT a cannelure LOCK ? but Good to know you’re convinced it helps.

First of all, I was referring to your comment in a post about the Interlock, a Hornady product.

Second, I don't believe Sierra has ever used differential hardness in their cores. Speer used to in the Grand Slam.

We make the core of the bullet from four lead alloys: 6% antimony-4% tin, 6% antimony, 3% antimony, 1 1/2% antimony, and pure lead. For each bullet, we select the proper lead alloy for the best combination of accuracy and expansion in the finished projectile

No need to call them, is there ?
Like I said, no multiple core hardness within 1 core, front to back.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What’s left of 2 famous brand interlocks, still have a box and a half of 30 year old junk.

LMAO. 🤣

Swifty
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Nosler ain't no better, they loose the front end, and people rave about the rear end driving through. The job is done by the time that happens, weather they're PT's, BT's. Speer HC either, or Sierra, any cup and core will do this. BUT they kill, so WHO CARES if the fall apart, by the time they do ladies, the job is done. You wanna belly ache about someting legit, belly ache about your ego's.... it gets you nowhere.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

We make the core of the bullet from four lead alloys: 6% antimony-4% tin, 6% antimony, 3% antimony, 1 1/2% antimony, and pure lead. For each bullet, we select the proper lead alloy for the best combination of accuracy and expansion in the finished projectile

Years ago and I'm talking years, like 25 years..... An old timer from Sierra, told me about the shank being harder. Some things you don't forget. This Philip guy just started recently. I wish I knew the guy I talked to back then. Oh well, it is what it is. But at least you know that Sierra bullets are NOT pure lead.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nosler ain't no better, they loose the front end, and people rave about the rear end driving through. The job is done by the time that happens, weather they're PT's, BT's. Speer HC either, or Sierra, any cup and core will do this. BUT they kill, so WHO CARES if the fall apart, by the time they do ladies, the job is done. You wanna belly ache about someting legit, belly ache about your ego's.... it gets you nowhere.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Years ago and I'm talking years, like 25 years..... An old timer from Sierra, told me about the shank being harder. Some things you don't forget. This Philip guy just started recently. I wish I knew the guy I talked to back then. Oh well, it is what it is. But at least you know that Sierra bullets are NOT pure lead.
Never said they were.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Did you not give the impression you were leaving this forum many years ago?
Gee I guess If I'm all alone in my squabble, I must be wrong.

Happy hunting. Oh don't forget to debate about who has the right cartridge round yer fire.

Didn't really leave, just spent time on other sites, but they have moderators and I didn't last long. This hobbie like I said is trial and error, and after having debates about ANYTHING, I would walk away from my computor and figure out what others thought they knew and really couldn't see what I was doing to tell me how to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, there are a few things I picked up, but not much, to improve the game. The ones who give thier opinion and leave it at that make it enjoyable, but guys who contantly run thier mouth is the only thing they really know how to do. I pm advice, they take or not, and I LEAVE IT THERE, not get in hot pursuit with a flamming ego, like a group of homos here.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/quote]

Me....

Is it true that the base of your bullets are typically harder than the front end ? Pro hunters and GK's ?

Philip Mahin
10:51 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

I guess you can look at it that way, but the jacket thickness is the controlling factor. A tapered jacket will give a faster expansion at the nose and resist expansion at the base. We try to achieve the same goal through both of our Pro-Hunter and GameKing lineup, a projectile that mushrooms at the nose but still penetrates easily. Now I guess I break his balls POLITELY, considering that what he is to me, ladies, POLITE. I get along JUST FINE with POLITE people, unlike youse guys !

Philip Mahin

Ballistic Technician

Same guy saying two different things led me to talk to a MANAGER 25 years ago.

The jacket design is the main controlling factor like the techs in the Hornady video stated.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 39 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,595
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.