Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by anothergun
Is that where you are now ? Don’t get lost. I was warned to stay away from forums, this hobbie really is trial and error. Think l might do that.

Did you not give the impression you were leaving this forum many years ago?
Gee I guess If I'm all alone in my squabble, I must be wrong.

Happy hunting. Oh don't forget to debate about who has the right cartridge round yer fire.

Didn't really leave, just spent time on other sites, but they have moderators and I didn't last long. This hobbie like I said is trial and error, and after having debates about ANYTHING, I would walk away from my computor and figure out what others thought they knew and really couldn't see what I was doing to tell me how to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, there are a few things I picked up, but not much, to improve the game. The ones who give thier opinion and leave it at that make it enjoyable, but guys who contantly run thier mouth is the only thing they really know how to do. I pm advice, they take or not, and I LEAVE IT THERE, not get in hot pursuit with a flamming ego, like a group of homos here.
Illiterate dumbphuk- your drivel ain't worth reading so I didn't open your PM before deleting.

What makes you think you are literate. Oh I get it, you read a little past the first chapter of a load manual and hang out on this forum a few others, read the HS they write, and take it for Gospel. Got cha !!!

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by TheKid
It would appear that he’s saying the bullet is “harder” towards the base because the jacket is thicker in the interest of retarding expansion. If the lead core is all one alloy it isn’t a dual core or dual hardness like an old Speer GS.

And my use of the 30/180 Silvertip showed them to be a POS. Some would work perfectly, some show very little sign of expansion, and one completely expanded down to its base and failed to break the shoulder after 2” of penetration. If they’re predictable I can deal with it by staying on or off bone depending on if they’re hard or soft. If they do something different every time they land they’re near worthless to me. These would have been the last generation produced.

I had almost as poor of luck with 6.5/140 CoreLokts. Terrible lack of penetration, no exits on rib shot 100lb deer and completely coming apart any time a bone was hit. Wouldn’t give a dollar for a box of them either but at least they were consistent.
The only consistency I saw from Corelokt bullets was they were inconsistent.

I guess by now you haven't learned that cup and core bullets can't be pushed too hard. You and others for that matter. Ok so the ST is too soft, big deal. Don't use them, just like the CL. Class dismissed.
ST?

So failing to expand is pushing too hard??

I said inconsistent.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Like I said, I haven't complained about a soft bullet failing. I like this type of performance on whitetails in my AO.

Means extremely fast kills.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
WTH is so different ? LOL LOL the guy you answered to in his post mentioned the CL failing.... and you responded with "inconsistent" inconsistent, is inconsistent a fancy word you use for fail ?

It's really really really HARD to believe that a "Soft" bullet as the completely critisized ST wouldn't expand at all. You people are really too friggin much you really are.

So failing to expand is pushing too hard??

where the hell did that come from ??

No blowing up is...... I never said that they didn't expand. And there's no way I would believe a bullet would be all over the place with performance, it blows up, it didn't expanded, it blew up, it didn't penetrate.... before jacketed bullets people relied on all lead musket balls, and how did they fair ?? Digging too deep yeah Feral, join the club.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
It would appear that he’s saying the bullet is “harder” towards the base because the jacket is thicker in the interest of retarding expansion. If the lead core is all one alloy it isn’t a dual core or dual hardness like an old Speer GS.

And my use of the 30/180 Silvertip showed them to be a POS. Some would work perfectly, some show very little sign of expansion, and one completely expanded down to its base and failed to break the shoulder after 2” of penetration. If they’re predictable I can deal with it by staying on or off bone depending on if they’re hard or soft. If they do something different every time they land they’re near worthless to me. These would have been the last generation produced.

I had almost as poor of luck with 6.5/140 CoreLokts. Terrible lack of penetration, no exits on rib shot 100lb deer and completely coming apart any time a bone was hit. Wouldn’t give a dollar for a box of them either but at least they were consistent.
The only consistency I saw from Corelokt bullets was they were inconsistent.

I guess by now you haven't learned that cup and core bullets can't be pushed too hard. You and others for that matter. Ok so the ST is too soft, big deal. Don't use them, just like the CL. Class dismissed.

I said inconsistent.

You said can't be pushed to hard or they come apart.

I said failed to expand which is a failure.

I have seen CL bullets fail to expand, expand and over expand.

All 3 from factory loads that I am sure weren't pushed too hard by Remington.

243, 6mm, 270 and 30-06.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What's an ST??

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is that where you are now ? Don’t get lost. I was warned to stay away from forums, this hobbie really is trial and error. Think l might do that.

Did you not give the impression you were leaving this forum many years ago?
Gee I guess If I'm all alone in my squabble, I must be wrong.

Happy hunting. Oh don't forget to debate about who has the right cartridge round yer fire.

Didn't really leave, just spent time on other sites, but they have moderators and I didn't last long. This hobbie like I said is trial and error, and after having debates about ANYTHING, I would walk away from my computor and figure out what others thought they knew and really couldn't see what I was doing to tell me how to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, there are a few things I picked up, but not much, to improve the game. The ones who give thier opinion and leave it at that make it enjoyable, but guys who contantly run thier mouth is the only thing they really know how to do. I pm advice, they take or not, and I LEAVE IT THERE, not get in hot pursuit with a flamming ego, like a group of homos here.
Illiterate dumbphuk- your drivel ain't worth reading so I didn't open your PM before deleting.
You got one too?? I opened it.
A short sweet life altering message it was.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
that's all your attention span can handle short and sweet. You guys just love to drag things on and on and on.... oh Corelokts aren't inconsistent. My car doesn't purr like a kitten after 20 K miles, oh my lawnmower doesn't drive itself anymore, oh my wife isn't as sweet anymore...... oh oh oh oh ! LMAO OHHH some people don't agree with me when they should ! Ohhhhh !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I was getting stupid sh itty PMs after EVERY response to him on threads a couple weeks ago. Damn near copied/pasted them in the threads. Gave the stalking little bastard short and sweet too. Told him to "f uck off", and "no really, F UCK off". He quit PMing after that.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
What's an ST??

Same thing CL stands for

And after all these bullets that didn’t do what you wanted them to do, did you have a dead animal ?

Any CL I saw expanded fine. Too many opinions here there and everywhere. Guess what matters is an animal hanging for butcherin, and that it. Sick of goin round and round with you. People like you cause bullet companies to pull thier hair out because you don’t have a bullet to perform to perfection. Really is stupid.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American

I was getting stupid sh itty PMs after EVERY response to him on threads a couple weeks ago. Damn near copied/pasted them in the threads. Gave the stalking little bastard short and sweet too. Told him to "f uck off", and "no really, F UCK off". He quit PMing after that.

Ok so this ultimate poster, we should bow down and worship his dogma BS? Oh btw the way l didn’t stop pm’ing this quack because he scared me away l stopped because you can’t pm when someone has you on your ignore list, big surprise? Should we trust what spews from his mouth if he lies about this ?

Last edited by anothergun; 11/02/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No genius, the ignore came after. It makes sorting your dumb shi t out of the convo MUCH easier.

You earned the ignore fair and square though, and in spades, loser.

But go ahead and PM away to your heart's content, I'll post every single one of them on the open forum.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
either way you’re a newb with a flaming ego, who Thinks, his way is the only way. Rather watch Hornady casts with MATURE men without egos. And they mentioned boys like you with egos. You can take Your step ladder tests, and nodes, and shove them, and take a long walk off a short pier.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The irony, on SO many levels.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I,m going bowhuntiing. This discussion is wearisome.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all especially with those old silvertip bullets.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Don't plan on using them. I have plenty of other brands, but at least the right approach can be taken to use them successfully. A few people who really know what they're talking about made that clear, and that's all I need to hear. Kinda like being able to shoot the Low number 03 Springfield's, it's really a simple reason why you can. But unfortunately that debate will never end.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
The irony, on SO many levels.

I have more posts than you meaning I know more than you. Wrong. But.... what I do know is.. Nobody really cares what you do know. It doesn't help me one bit, because you don't know how to relay it, and most of all, in a rational, respectful, understanding manner, because you ain't nothing but a kid with many vices, and certainly not a man with many talents. The ONLY talent you have is creating a eclipse of the sun by standing in front of it with your head. What works for you and your fraternity is fine, have at it, but it may not work for other people and you just leave it at that.

Out of 6,748 posters 6,678 ignored the thread and didn't respond. Here are some reasons why they ignore guys like you.

overwhelming
have different priorities
cause too much drama
have trouble listening.
just rude, most of the time
come across as fake
overshare too soon
dominate conversations
far too pushy
don’t respect people’s boundaries
You always want to be right

yeah I copied and pasted them.

Only a few sided with the fact the bullet CAN be used successfully. Ok, so I misread the hardness scale on the Lee tool. Big deal. And the core is soft, so what. Sierra cores aren't that much harder, and I wouldn't doubt other cup and core bullets are either. Does that mean that cup and core bullets shouldn't be used because some people think they're too soft and or don't stay together after the animal is dead ? They do the job, and way back when so did these bullets. I really don't believe that their tooling was that out of control to make such a inconsistent bullet, I really don't. I believe that shooters, hand loaders and hunters can be. I have a Book written by Jack O'Conner having his first chapter titled "Picking your Expert".

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.