J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Hico has a statue of him. Less prominently displayed since the DNA test.

You’re thinking of Jesse James. There haven’t been any DNA tests on Billy the Kid and Brushy Bill. Billy’s alleged body in NM isn’t there since a flood destroyed the cemetery. He has no known descendants or relatives so there isn’t any DNA to match up Brushy Bill’s against either.

Would of had to been a big flood to wash away a grave covered in concrete.

Not if the concrete and headstone were put there after the flood. Duh

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/31/23.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You’re thinking of Jesse James. There haven’t been any DNA tests on Billy the Kid and Brushy Bill. Billy’s alleged body in NM isn’t there since a flood destroyed the cemetery. He has no known descendants or relatives so there isn’t any DNA to match up Brushy Bill’s against either.

That cement covered “grave” in NM is just a tourist trap actraction.
Tne original grave was down by the river at old Ft Sumner. It got washed away when the river flooded.

Here ya go:
https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2169

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Yep.

And Billy’s mother is buried in buried in Silver City, NM.
They wouldn’t let them dig her up for DNA comparison.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Huntz
I think Brushy Bill was a bullshitter . Just my opinion.

Most historians agree with you.

^^^This^^^

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Guess Brushy used that handle, cause he didn't thinka Old Toot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is a museum in Hico, Texas dedicated to the idiot that called himself Billy the Kid.

If you think that Pat Garrett didn't know who he shot the night he killed BTK, you undoubtedly believe in Bigfoot too...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been through Hico 150 times in the last 4 years. I have never stopped at the museum. Was never tempted to.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Moon landing was also faked…

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There is a museum in Hico, Texas dedicated to the idiot that called himself Billy the Kid.

If you think that Pat Garrett didn't know who he shot the night he killed BTK, you undoubtedly believe in Bigfoot too...

I think the idea is, he DID know who it was, which is why he let him run.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There's a biography of Bushy Bill Roberts, interesting read. Was he BTK? Could have been.

The headstones in the cemetery were washed away so there'e no way to prove exactly where BTK's mom is buried, if there's anything there to do a DNA sample on, Could be in a different hole? Who knows?

I'd think after all he went through, it's be extremely difficult to lead a "normal" life, but Bushy Bill served as a horse wrangler in the Spanish American War I believe.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Moon landing was also faked…
OH . F*** .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My lease is just minutes north of Hico. It now has a nice restaurant and place or two to get wine but forget that Mexican restaurant on main. Looks cool but service sucks and has for years. We stopped at the museum - was kind of lame.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

So, you know for sure that it washed away or do you like to think that it washed away?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Actually, Bushy Bull was in reality, Helen Keller…

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

So, you know for sure that it washed away or do you like to think that it washed away?

Yes, it’s well known that they don’t know exactly where or even if the body is still around there. The original cemetary flooded before the turn of the last century.

https://baltimorepostexaminer.com/billy-the-kid-lives-beyond-his-grave/2012/05/22

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/31/23.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I went to school with a relative of his, also named Bonney. Actually, 2 brothers.
I don't know exactly how close the relationship actually is, though.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I went to school with a relative of his, also named Bonney. Actually, 2 brothers.
I don't know exactly how close the relationship actually is, though.

They were pulling your leg because Bonney wasn’t even his real name.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Starting in the early 80's, I use to hunt some of the ranches, near Carrizozo NM....for roughly 20 years. Some of the old timers would talk about what was handed down to them, as far as "what happened to Billy the kid". There was even a book written about interviews with such local "characters".

One of them was Bob Creel. He was living on what was left of the McDonald ranch, south of Carrizozo. (government took most of it for WSMR). He figured he was born around 1900....wasn't sure of the exact date. He said his grandfather was the foreman of the same ranch, back then. He had all kinds of entertaining stories, that were passed down. They were fun to listen to, but I didn't put much faith into how truthful they were......just a neat old cowboy, who I really liked.

When it came to BTK, he had several stories about him. But, he made 1 point that always made me wonder.

Back then, when a famous outlaw was killed, they were put on display. Sometimes a small fee was charged to see the body, or you could buy a picture postcard of them, etc... This went on for some years afterwards. A tradition that lasted well after the days of BTK, up until about the time of Bonnie and Clyde and Dillinger (the 1930's).

Bob asked me why didn't they display the body, if he was dead? He was a living legend, and perhaps the most famous outlaw of all time. I never could come up with an answer to his point, nor have I ever heard an explanation of why not. Always made me wonder...

Andy3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have his book.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Andy3
Starting in the early 80's, I use to hunt some of the ranches, near Carrizozo NM....for roughly 20 years. Some of the old timers would talk about what was handed down to them, as far as "what happened to Billy the kid". There was even a book written about interviews with such local "characters".

One of them was Bob Creel. He was living on what was left of the McDonald ranch, south of Carrizozo. (government took most of it for WSMR). He figured he was born around 1900....wasn't sure of the exact date. He said his grandfather was the foreman of the same ranch, back then. He had all kinds of entertaining stories, that were passed down. They were fun to listen to, but I didn't put much faith into how truthful they were......just a neat old cowboy, who I really liked.

When it came to BTK, he had several stories about him. But, he made 1 point that always made me wonder.

Back then, when a famous outlaw was killed, they were put on display. Sometimes a small fee was charged to see the body, or you could buy a picture postcard of them, etc... This went on for some years afterwards. A tradition that lasted well after the days of BTK, up until about the time of Bonnie and Clyde and Dillinger (the 1930's).

Bob asked me why didn't they display the body, if he was dead? He was a living legend, and perhaps the most famous outlaw of all time. I never could come up with an answer to his point, nor have I ever heard an explanation of why not. Always made me wonder...

Andy3

I never thought of that, but it’s an interesting point.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1234, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,166
Posts18,523,589
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.