Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shortfinger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Classic stainless was never fluted, so if factory it is something else. Is it a full stainless? Maybe extreme weather if so.

Sounds like an Extreme Weather to me. Good guns, and worth more then $500, even in 325 WSM.

That is a damn good deal. The lowest I've seen an EW 325 was $600, and it was in like new condition.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Classic stainless was never fluted, so if factory it is something else. Is it a full stainless? Maybe extreme weather if so.

Sounds like an Extreme Weather to me. Good guns, and worth more then $500, even in 325 WSM.

That is a damn good deal. The lowest I've seen an EW 325 was $600, and it was in like new condition.

Yes, $500 would be a great deal.

They also made the coyote light in 325 WSM; but the receiver is cm.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yes, $500 would be a great deal.

They also made the coyote light in 325 WSM; but the receiver is cm.

$500 would be like stealing it, huh buddy. I remember thinking I should have bought the 325 wsm EW for $600 a couple years ago. They are good rifles, and I had plenty of 8mm bullets at the time. Shoulda woulda..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I would not have been able to walk by it for 500..

I couldn't pass the CDNN 325's when they were around 600 bucks. Darned rifle is a hammer and I have 0 use for it.

Semper Fi
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
The only recent purchase of a Winchester was this M70 in 270 WSM that I posted a bit ago. I gave $430 for it as shown with the Weaver scope and a couple boxes of ammo short some in one. You were kind enough to send me brass and DD bases. I hope to get it out this week.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Man, you stole that one. I hope it shoots like a house afire!! Good luck with it. Have you taken it out of the stock yet? Remember, if it does not shoot up to par, that damn hot glue bedding may be suspect. Some of my stainless classics looked like this:

I don't think it liked to stick to the tupperware stock. Always something to be aware of though..

I have not taken it apart yet but did pick up a walnut stock here a month or so ago priced well. I am sure a bed job will be required either way. Currently fiddling with a 6.5 Creedmoor M700 ADL and an early 270 Win M700 Ti...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I’ve been on more of a scope bender lately having bought three or four in the last couple of months.

I found a good deal on the ‘bay for a VX-II 6-18x40 with duplex reticle, so upgraded to that on my .220 Swift.

Bought a NIB VX-3HD 4.5-14x40 CDS with 30mm tube and windplex reticle for my Remington 700 .25-06!

Took an old Bausch and Lomb Balvar 2.5-8x with Savage 99 mounts in a trade. That one’s going to end up on the classifieds once I get it cleaned up for pictures.

Took an M7b-4x off of my old 7x57 Mauser to replace it with a newer M8-6x but put the M7b back on as it was a better fit. 🤷‍♂️

I better get back to buying guns soon!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by filmjunkie4ever
I’ve been on more of a scope bender lately having bought three or four in the last couple of months.

I found a good deal on the ‘bay for a VX-II 6-18x40 with duplex reticle, so upgraded to that on my .220 Swift.

Bought a NIB VX-3HD 4.5-14x40 CDS with 30mm tube and windplex reticle for my Remington 700 .25-06!

Took an old Bausch and Lomb Balvar 2.5-8x with Savage 99 mounts in a trade. That one’s going to end up on the classifieds once I get it cleaned up for pictures.

Took an M7b-4x off of my old 7x57 Mauser to replace it with a newer M8-6x but put the M7b back on as it was a better fit. 🤷‍♂️

I better get back to buying guns soon!

I seem to buy guns with scopes on top for some reason. Then I sell the scopes, if they serve no use for my needs. Closer to the beginning of the year, I ran across 2 older Vari-XIIc 3-9X40 rifle scopes for cheap. One was a gloss black and the other a silver Leupold. I still have both of them. One is on a rifle I bought a few months ago:

The older gloss Leupolds just look good on the pre 64's. I plan on keeping this one on the 270 std wt pictured, until it goes belly up. It should be good for a good while though. However, because it doesn't have a useable reticle and I don't trust it to dial, it's very limited. Boy, that's going to pizz some people off!!! Yeah, it's no good for my usual 400 yard range. But it is what it is.

The rifle shoots great at 100 yards, so it's kind of a shame..

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I apologize, I call any of the newer ones with the full length extractors “classics”. It is full stainless.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I apologize, I call any of the newer ones with the full length extractors “classics”. It is full stainless.

Sounds like an extreme weather. That’s a great price.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Very seldom when a treasure doesn’t come home from a show

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That guy sounds cool man. I hope he sells it to just the right person.

When I bought my BACO 2008 limited edition fwt, it was $600.00. Damn nice rifles for sure. The one in the add is almost as nice as the one I had:
Those first year rifles were pretty sweet. That was when BACO/FN Herstal was really wanting to impress us with the new model 70. This was a gem I found at a local small town gunshow about 8 years ago.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“That guy sounds cool man. I hope he sells it to just the right person.”

I do too bsa. Posted it here in hopes someone might know the right young hunter.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I do too bsa. Posted it here in hopes someone might know the right young hunter.

I just forwarded it to a buddy looking for a 338-06 donor.. That's a good deal

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think the intent of the seller was to sell it to a new young hunter. Not to tear it apart because its cheap and a good deal.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think the intent of the seller was to sell it to a new young hunter. Not to tear it apart because its cheap and a good deal.

Ah okay. I didn't know the seller, so I didn't read into it. I usually don't read the epilogues of ads unless its something I am planning to buy for myself whistle

Semper Fi
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It's a Browning. Not like a guy is tearing apart a Pre-64.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
It's a Browning. Not like a guy is tearing apart a Pre-64.

Heck, they're just running a reamer through the bore and putting some new rifling in it. You'll barely notice grin

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I hit up the gun show circuit pretty regularly in my neck of the woods. I'm pretty envious of the finds that people post on here. I can count on 1 hand how many shows were worth going to. I think I've only bought one gun over the past year at a show. (I've bought A LOT online)... It's the same people with the same crap at all of the local shows in Wisconsin. The shows are tiny, you can walk through them in 10 minutes, despite the $8 entry fee. 50% of the tables are AR-15's. It's amazing to me how most of the guys don't know anything about what is actually on their table. I had to educate a guy at the last show on what he had, as he was advertising it as an "original pre 64 Model 70". It had an aftermarket stock and was chambered for a Weatherby...

I'll keep showing up hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bobdahunter
I hit up the gun show circuit pretty regularly in my neck of the woods. I'm pretty envious of the finds that people post on here. I can count on 1 hand how many shows were worth going to. I think I've only bought one gun over the past year at a show. (I've bought A LOT online)... It's the same people with the same crap at all of the local shows in Wisconsin. The shows are tiny, you can walk through them in 10 minutes, despite the $8 entry fee. 50% of the tables are AR-15's. It's amazing to me how most of the guys don't know anything about what is actually on their table. I had to educate a guy at the last show on what he had, as he was advertising it as an "original pre 64 Model 70". It had an aftermarket stock and was chambered for a Weatherby...

I'll keep showing up hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

Good luck. Something should pop up. I was told about a fairly original pre 64 270 fwt locally for $750.00. But having just bought 2 270's a while back on the same day, I'm all 270'd out right now. Had to pass on that one.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.