Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Spandex must be too tight shutting off blood flow to his brain, doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

I am flattered by your fixation on what I wear.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Guy's amazing, he can tell what you're thinking. Wrong again dumb p hag.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Right now 22lr is well stocked and still reasonably priced.

Anybody worried about the future of rimfire availability should simply purchase some..

Maybe even, a bunch (gasp!!)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Anybody worried about the future of rimfire availability should simply purchase some..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy's amazing, he can tell what you're thinking. Wrong again dumb p hag.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Too p hucking to stupid to realize that stockpiling is the reason for shortages and resultant high prices. Too busy posting childish cartoons, carry on if that's what floats your boat.

Last edited by gunswizard; 11/06/23.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a stupid amount of "everyday quality" .22 rimfire ammo garnered through a lifetime of "buying more than I need at the moment" (but tempered by availability of money more than desire). Still, I doubt I'll run out during my remaining lifetime. My issue is with premium match ammo. I take part in a lot of single shot rimfire competition and my best rifles prefer Eley Tenex by far so I kinda struggle keeping them fed. My stash of Tenex is frightfully low and will be replenished before next year's shooting season in dribs and drabs - I simply can't afford to buy $200/brick ammo in case lots. If I could then the UPS driver would hate me on a regular basis(!), so I'll buy it in bricks and hope that there's still some from the same lot left a month later when I bite the bullet and buy another brick. So it goes.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I shoot a lot of 22 LR and I am quite a distance away from any place that sells 22 ammo, so whenever I am in a Murdoch's / Sportsmans / Walmart, etc I pick up a few boxes or a brick depending on price of course.

By doing it that way I always keep a good supply on hand without feeling like I am putting out a lot of money. It's just easier to justify spending $20-$40 rather than buying case lots. Although I do keep an eye out for good sales and will buy case lots if there is free shipping.

Recently I have laid in a good supply of Aguila Super Extra hollow points for $14.99 for 250 ea. Why would anyone not buy at those prices.

As I said earlier - given the current availability and pricing of 22 ammo I will not feel sorry for anyone who doesn't stock up now and whines when the shortages hit again.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too p hucking to stupid to realize that stockpiling is the reason for shortages and resultant high prices. Too busy posting childish cartoons, carry on if that's what floats your boat.

Too stupid to realize that not accumulating a reasonable stock of ammo will result in you posting threads wondering where to get 257 Roberts ammo. lololol. I don't pay high prices, and I don't recommend that others do it either. That's why when I can scoop up 13 fifty round boxes of RWS Target Rifle for 1/3 the normal price during a "shortage," I do it. And I am the dumbazz.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
NO rationalizing being a selfish clod no matter what "justification" you think up.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover

I shoot a lot of 22 LR and I am quite a distance away from any place that sells 22 ammo, so whenever I am in a Murdoch's / Sportsmans / Walmart, etc I pick up a few boxes or a brick depending on price of course.

By doing it that way I always keep a good supply on hand without feeling like I am putting out a lot of money. It's just easier to justify spending $20-$40 rather than buying case lots. Although I do keep an eye out for good sales and will buy case lots if there is free shipping.

Recently I have laid in a good supply of Aguila Super Extra hollow points for $14.99 for 250 ea. Why would anyone not buy at those prices.

As I said earlier - given the current availability and pricing of 22 ammo I will not feel sorry for anyone who doesn't stock up now and whines when the shortages hit again.

drover

You know damn well that the whining will begin anew the next time, guaran-fugging-teed.

“Those damn Boomer-prepper-hoarder-speculators did it again!”

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
WWJD??

She's gone shootin..
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Ammo is pretty plentiful around here lately. I don't shoot much rimfire anymore, but I pick up a couple boxes of CCI SV every payday. Building up a good stock to feed the old beast SS my boy has been getting into shooting this year.

I've got enough Thunderchickens on hand to feed my 9422 for the rest of my life, so I quit buying those a while back.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
WWJD??

I know what I would do. - At that price every box on the shelf would be in my cart.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WWJD??

I know what I would do. - At that price every box on the shelf would be in my cart.

drover

If you did that, WWGWD? Call you a selfish clod.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Two selfish clods, think only of themselves no consideration of others nor short supply caused price increases.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
WWJD??

drover

I was powerless and could not resist🤷🏻‍♂️

She's gone shootin..
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I would've called a couple buddies whose tastes are like mine and if they said "I want some too" then I would've bought as much as the wallet would bear and then parcel it out. If no one else wanted in on it then I would've bought a bunch and left the rest for the next guy - but if the remainder were still there a few days later then all bets are off.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
As posed numerous times here and elsewhere I choose to buy what I choose to buy. Who's lost on this??? A funny...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 21, 16 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,956
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.