Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Two selfish clods, think only of themselves no consideration of others nor short supply caused price increases.

So! Go out and buy buy buy, don't get caught with your pants down again, storage will be coming again, bet on it

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
After the hemorrhoid in the Middle East flared up and some goat [bleep] there called for global jihad the 223 / 5.56 and 9MM was gone locally for a few weeks.

Even when things were halfway decent before FJB there were shortages. One crazy event might make it all evaporate again.

If it’s available now, who cares how much anyone buys. Same with TP or anything else. It’s not like anyone is waiting in line to buy what’s available each morning at the stores like a few years ago. If it gets to that again, the re-sellers and hoarders can F off and leave it for those that really need some. It’s like the housing situation. It’s not young people or even older people’s fault they came into the market to buy their first house when prices are high and the rates suck. People get into this at different times and shouldn’t be looked down upon because of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Words to the wise:

Make hay while the sun shines.

Save for a rainy day.

A .22 saved is a .22 earned.

Ammoseek.com is showing prices of 4.3 cents per round for Armscor, although shipping will bite you on those. Looking at free shipping only, Federal Champion can be had for 5.7 cpr, Automatch at 5.9. Various CCI types and Norma Tac-22 are 6 to 8 cpr. Even with inflation those are lower prices than two years ago.

You know the difference between sex and .22 ammo?

It's possible to have enough sex. (Okay, that's debatable, but you get the idea.)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The link I posted above has Aguila for 2.09/50. That price is very hard to beat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have enough 22 to last more than my life time

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a whole bunch of selfish clods who have earned a special place on GW's schidt list. No Christmas cards for you this year.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Had anyone done business with this Co.? Hard to google.

Liked Aguila SV in the past, wouldn't mind having a case of it laid back.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I like to maintain 10K rounds. Right now that’s easy to do as everyone has stocked shelves around here.
Figure out what your comfort level is and stock up if you aren’t there. No need to be worried.

OK? But wtf you gonna do next weekend? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo

Some red flags. No phone number. No address. Not much history to be found on google.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Anyone here afraid of ammo shortages especially .22 lr? I’m kind of concerned it could hit all of the sudden.

If you’re concerned, it’s your fail. Fix your insecurities by stocking up. It’s all available.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Right now 22lr is well stocked and still reasonably priced.

Anybody worried about the future of rimfire availability should simply purchase some..

Maybe even, a bunch (gasp!!)

I shoot a lot of 22 LR and I am quite a distance away from any place that sells 22 ammo, so whenever I am in a Murdoch's / Sportsmans / Walmart, etc I pick up a few boxes or a brick depending on price of course.

By doing it that way I always keep a good supply on hand without feeling like I am putting out a lot of money. It's just easier to justify spending $20-$40 rather than buying case lots. Although I do keep an eye out for good sales and will buy case lots if there is free shipping.

Recently I have laid in a good supply of Aguila Super Extra hollow points for $14.99 for 250 ea. Why would anyone not buy at those prices.

As I said earlier - given the current availability and pricing of 22 ammo I will not feel sorry for anyone who doesn't stock up now and whines when the shortages hit again.

drover

Bout 2 yrs back at one of the flea markets I often attend, guy had those same hollow points for $2.49 per box of 50. I bought 5 and when I seen how they shot in my lever 22 I went back the next week and bought the brick he had left. $5 per 100 was a good price especially during a time when everybody acted like anything shooting related was the last that was ever gonna be made.

They shoot like a laser in that lever, but interestingly enough are ho-hum in a savage that typically shoots well.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I like to maintain 10K rounds. Right now that’s easy to do as everyone has stocked shelves around here.
Figure out what your comfort level is and stock up if you aren’t there. No need to be worried.

OK? But wtf you gonna do next weekend? Mb

I just don't shoot that much. I cash in my CC points every month for 1-2K rounds, maintaining at least a 10K stock at home. It works for me. Lay in whatever you need for you.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gunzo

Some red flags. No phone number. No address. Not much history to be found on google.

I also looked and not much to be said about them on the innanets…

I did send them an email asking about shipping to CA and they responded rather quickly

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Like an idiot , I ordered some ammo from them. Also sent an email and got a pretty fast response

It is rare that I order online, thought I did some research and completely missed the warning signs. We shall see

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JDK
Like an idiot , I ordered some ammo from them. Also sent an email and got a pretty fast response

It is rare that I order online, thought I did some research and completely missed the warning signs. We shall see

Keep us posted please.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Will do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDK

How did you pay?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I found that link on another forum, AR15.com. Orders were filled and quickly. They also have a good deal onfederal SRP and SPP. The Aguila is back to regular price today

Last edited by stratton; 11/08/23. Reason: updated $
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JDK

How did you pay?

Debit card. Asked the CU to watch and they are. Hoping for the best and I feel stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want to see an ammo shortage, start talking about an ammo shortage. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The First Rule of Fight Club...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (6MMWASP, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.