Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by stratton
The link I posted above has Aguila for 2.09/50. That price is very hard to beat.

Their price is back up to $3.79 today. They also had a 10 percent off code. Snooze 'ya lose.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by stratton
The link I posted above has Aguila for 2.09/50. That price is very hard to beat.

Their price is back up to $3.79 today. They also had a 10 percent off code. Snooze 'ya lose.
Yep…if they shipped to CA there would be a bunch on its way here

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The deal is back on at Ammoplanet.com. 2.09 per 50 for Aguila standard velocity

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks, going to order some / deal was back on so I ordered 80 boxes. With the discount code and shipping ( very reasonable ) it came to 2.25 a box

Last edited by Barbarosa; 11/09/23. Reason: Pricing info
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Has anybody that ordered from ammoplanet gotten their order yet, or maybe a tracking number?

Not trying to imply anything, just curious.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I did finally get a tracking #, they should be good to go.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thanks!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Anyone here afraid of ammo shortages especially .22 lr? I’m kind of concerned it could hit all of the sudden.

I’ve got 4000 rounds of .22 , I don’t think I’ll run out.

You are in deep schidt with Gunwizard. Stockpiling, keeping others from having access to the ammo and sharing about it here is verboten. Gunwizard stalks me all over the forum and sends me angry PMs because I bought 650 rounds of high quality 22LR at a deep discount and shared my success here. He's a reseller and just pissed that he couldn't make a profit off of the ammo.

If it's on the shelf, you can afford to buy it, and you aren't limited to the number of boxes that you can buy, then buy all you want. If another person fails to plan ahead, that's his/her problem. I bought 6k rounds of Eley Champion awhile back 'cause it was available and it was on sale. My purchase didn't put a dent in the store's inventory. Likewise, all of the local WalMarts that sell ammo have plenty of it for the common cartridges and enough variety such nobody has to stay home from the range or the field for lack of ammo.

I feel bad for guys who want to buy ammo that is cataloged, but virtually orphaned and seldom seen on dealers' shelves these days.

Proper prior planning, it works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Anyone here afraid of ammo shortages especially .22 lr? I’m kind of concerned it could hit all of the sudden.

I’ve got 4000 rounds of .22 , I don’t think I’ll run out.

You are in deep schidt with Gunwizard. Stockpiling, keeping others from having access to the ammo and sharing about it here is verboten. Gunwizard stalks me all over the forum and sends me angry PMs because I bought 650 rounds of high quality 22LR at a deep discount and shared my success here. He's a reseller and just pissed that he couldn't make a profit off of the ammo.

If it's on the shelf, you can afford to buy it, and you aren't limited to the number of boxes that you can buy, then buy all you want. If another person fails to plan ahead, that's his/her problem. I bought 6k rounds of Eley Champion awhile back 'cause it was available and it was on sale. My purchase didn't put a dent in the store's inventory. Likewise, all of the local WalMarts that sell ammo have plenty of it for the common cartridges and enough variety such nobody has to stay home from the range or the field for lack of ammo.

I feel bad for guys who want to buy ammo that is cataloged, but virtually orphaned and seldom seen on dealers' shelves these days.

Proper prior planning, it works.

What he said👆🏻

No excuse for getting caught short the next time except extreme poverty. Forgo that double no-fun habenero-pumpkin latte for a few weeks and lay in what you’ll need, in dribs and drabs or chunks, while the gettin’s good.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
Has anybody that ordered from ammoplanet gotten their order yet, or maybe a tracking number?

Not trying to imply anything, just curious.

Ordered 11/7, received tracking number 11/9, and supposed to be delivered tomorrow (11/16) by FedEx. From Texas.

IC B3

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Final follow up

Package arrived today. All was there. I’m always hesitant to provide a blanket GTG but I have what I ordered in a total of 10 days

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JDK
Final follow up

Package arrived today. All was there. I’m always hesitant to provide a blanket GTG but I have what I ordered in a total of 10 days

Cool, legit company it seems. The ammo went off sale then back on, plus an out of stock for a day or so. But it seems to be back at $2.09 as of a few hours ago. Good stuff, get ya some.

I decided today, for an hour or 2 at least that I should shoot up some of the 20K plus surplus I have, but would have no qualms about having a case or 2 of this stuff sent to me at this price.

It all could go down in price more.............. or go sky high in a days time. You know what I mean.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I sent a buddy this link and he ordered a case. Received shipping information a few days later

If people aren’t jumping on $21 a brick .22 then forever shut your pie holes about shortages

She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Rumor on the other forum is that if you create an account, add however many you want to your cart and then close out of the website, they will send a code for 10-20% off of the sale price after a day or so

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Target Sports gets my 22LR orders...

Aguila Super Extra copper plated runs well in most 22's I have

Walther P22's seem to prefer CCI Mini's

So if myself or anyone one else wishes to keep a 'lifetime plus inventory' on hand so be it

Need/want it & it's available buy it !

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...er-plated-lead-hp-1b221118-p-110824.aspx

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Too p hucking to stupid to realize that stockpiling is the reason for shortages and resultant high prices. Too busy posting childish cartoons, carry on if that's what floats your boat.
Shortages only occur for people who don't prepare when stuff is plentiful and cheap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Too p hucking to stupid to realize that stockpiling is the reason for shortages and resultant high prices. Too busy posting childish cartoons, carry on if that's what floats your boat.
Shortages only occur for people who don't prepare when stuff is plentiful and cheap.

And desperation created by failing to have needful things on hand enables scalpers, speculators, and predatory merchants……., and inspires poor old retirees to become part of the Masquerade Brigade, doing quick clothing changes in Walmart parking lots in hopes of turning a fast buck or two, when they should be sitting in McDonalds drinking coffee and using free wifi.

That doesn’t mean having giant piles of stuff that you’ll never use; that’s stupid IMO, but simply keeping ahead of your consumption so sudden market situations don’t catch you empty-handed. Doing that while supplies are plentiful won’t cause shortages anymore than the folks who go to the range and blast away willy-nilly at 7-yard cardboard zombies. There will be a certain amount of ammo produced every year, to be used, stockpiled, hoarded, or wasted; your dough, your choice.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Target Sports gets my 22LR orders...

Aguila Super Extra copper plated runs well in most 22's I have

Walther P22's seem to prefer CCI Mini's

So if myself or anyone one else wishes to keep a 'lifetime plus inventory' on hand so be it

Need/want it & it's available buy it !

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...er-plated-lead-hp-1b221118-p-110824.aspx

During the shortage i acquired some of this and for gopher shooting it works as well as CCI Mini Mag, it is as accurate and hits as hard. I have used it in my CZ 452, Tikka T1x, and Cooper 57M, while it can't be considered match grade when using it any gopher within 100 yards is in trouble.

IMO it is the best bargain ammo available for hunting / plinking.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Drover..I agree with you on the Aguila being the best value going on these days.

On a whim I bought some of the standard velocity and it shot remarkably well in several rifles. A few flyers here and there to be expected but it turned in some eye opening groups

This is when targetsports had if for 220 a case and I laid into a supply

If I had the opportunity to shoot at a plethora of little furry vermin like some of you do I’d most likely have a pallet of the speedier hollow point offering

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The good prices on .22, 9mm, and even some .223 means it’s not selling as fast as they hoped or expected. Supply and demand works in both directions. Don’t be surprised if the industry takes “corrective action”.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.