Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was bow hunting in southeastern Ohio from 10/31 to 11/4. Going back 11/10 to 11/13. My longtime friend and hunting Pard shot a doe Wednesday morning November 1st. One of the biggest does I’ve ever seen. She was probably 170 pounds on the hoof. Had a head like a horse. What’s the biggest doe you’ve seen.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The first doe that I shot in the UP was 182 before I gutted her. Does here in my neck of the woods might run 100 lbs. Those Michigan deer are big, for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife shot one once that was about 150 live weight. Certainly one of the biggest I've seen

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife killed one weighed 125 dressed, one of the bigger does I've run across. We always kept records of weight.........most bucks weighed on that same scale killed in rifle season after they've been run down struggle to hit that weight unless they've got some age on them then they're over that.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
120 gutted, hide still on.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I tagged one here in Maine two years ago and she was 146 dressed if memory serves. Big gal. It was a good hunt because I jumped her and was able to lure her back with a grunt call. Saw her legs first slowly coming through a thicket. When she crossed me and was visible I fired. The usual lung shot reaction and down in about 30 yards.

Last edited by bluefish; 11/05/23.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We didn’t have means to weigh her, but the guy who processes our deer said he hasn’t seen a bigger doe. He has cut up a bunch of deer. On the floor of the cooler she didn’t look much smaller than 2 bucks that were already there.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My dad had the state deer check station at his convenience store for several years. I kept the books during evenings in high school so the gals didn’t have to deal with it. Biggest doe we ever checked was 124 dressed. Biggest I ever killed was 101 dressed and was the biggest on our books that year. Average here is around 85 dressed.

Checked one once that was 27lb dressed, smallest non spotted deer I ever saw. Guy got pissed when dad snickered at the scale and said, “it’ll be good eating”. Dad replied, “yeah for one meal”.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was hunting on my buddies place just south of Mauston, WI using my Savage 99 in 300 Savage. I had factory Remington 150gr Core-Lokt fodder stuffed in it. Biggest doe I think I've ever seen went by and fell to the 150gr bullet. After tagging, I dressed it out, and got it out to where I could get my truck to it. Back then, I could pretty much get any deer up onto the tailgate of the truck, not this one. Ended up tieing off to the truck and pulling it out that way. When I got back to camp, my buddy helped me get it into the back of the truck so we could go to the check-in station. When my buddy walked up to the back of the truck, he said "you shot a cow elk!" It was a big deer and no scale to weigh it with. When we got to my buddy's parents house, where we cut the deer up, I tied a rope around its neck and we hoisted the deer up to the rafters so we could skin it out. Rafters are 8' above the floor. With the bottom of its head even with the bottom of the rafters, its hind legs were still on the floor, so over 8' of deer! Big ol dry doe that a lot of meat came off of!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Big!

Shot one with the bow that weighed 151.

My son and daughter have both shot monster does that were bigger than that. In northern WI and MN doe tags are lottery tags a lot of areas. So the get quite large up here and they’re big to start with because of the living conditions

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I killed one here in LA this week that weighed 150 on the scales before gutting her.

By far the biggest I’d ever seen.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
my dad (RIP) shot an old 9pt buck and after i field dressed it, took three of us to drag it 40ish yards. my dad got his truck and i was in the bed of the truck holding the rope, while my friend and Dad "lifted" the deer up. then i dragged the buck while they were lifting. i swear it took us 15 minutes to get the buck on the bed. grunting, groaning, swearing...you name it, we probably have it. we took the buck to my shop and chain hoisted him up. the next day, we skinned him and quartered him to take to my dad's house. he had a pile of meat. we took the backstraps and cut them up to a butterfly steak. my mom cooked them and it was like eating old shoe leather. even the deerburger was like an old shoe leather. for the next week, my mom went thru seasoning, roasts, chunks of meat in the, stew.........oh God, it was horrible. Dad would never waste meat, but it was close to going in the garbage. so we ate deer jerky that year. ALOT of deer jerky.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i killed an actual 160 pound live weight alabama doe. she was a buster ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
We didn’t have means to weigh her, but the guy who processes our deer said he hasn’t seen a bigger doe. He has cut up a bunch of deer. On the floor of the cooler she didn’t look much smaller than 2 bucks that were already there.

Ron

Similar experience here...bigger than some of the bucks at the shop. Best estimate was 140 pounds

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by TheKid
My dad had the state deer check station at his convenience store for several years. I kept the books during evenings in high school so the gals didn’t have to deal with it. Biggest doe we ever checked was 124 dressed. Biggest I ever killed was 101 dressed and was the biggest on our books that year. Average here is around 85 dressed.

Checked one once that was 27lb dressed, smallest non spotted deer I ever saw. Guy got pissed when dad snickered at the scale and said, “it’ll be good eating”. Dad replied, “yeah for one meal”.

Dang, and I thought I shot some small deer 🤣I poked a tiny one ~20 years ago and weighted it at the check station just for s&g... just shy of 40# field dressed.

We shot a bunch of puny deer for a few years. They were giving out antlerless tags like Halloween candy at the time, and the little ones are stupid 🤷‍♂️

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From reading on 24 I never heard any stories about anything besides a ( big ol doe ).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
128 lbs. when weighed in at the meat locker, so around 160 lbs. live weight.

A nice grain fed Nebraska whitetail.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember back in Vermont when I lived there, seeing a doe that pretty much covered a pickup truck bed.

Also saw some big ones while hunting it Saskatchewan

Last edited by hicountry; 11/06/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've had several that weight 170+ live weight.

One year, that's how I ended up filling the freezer with 2 of them. I'll have to tell you that shooting the matriarch and her younger sister in the same spot a day or so apart really queered things for a long while. It was quite some time before I got to see a decent herd of doe out in front of that blind.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.