Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Okie Newton,two of my favorites are deer and wild hog.I reload and keep all my rifles in a Browning fireproof safe.I have a 300wby on the high side down to a 222 and of course several 22lr.<P>------------------<BR>Keep yer powder dry,and yer knife sharp.

Keep yer powder dry,and yer knife sharp.
HR IC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hello My name is Rick ,and I live in Texas just south of Dallas. I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. as a State Game Warden and have for over 30 yrs.<BR> I love to Varmint Hunt, and like most other shooters ,I shoot several different calibers,223,22-250, 243,257 Rob. 25-06,270, 30-06 and reload for all of them and have reloaded for over 30 yrs. I prefer the standard and Wildcat calibers I'm not much of a Magnum fan .<BR>I enjoy reading the post that the other Hunters put on this forum and really envy some of the areas where you live because it is definitely the Big Game Country. Keep writing ..

Cag Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi everybody,<BR>I'm from Miami, Florida. 49 years old. Love to reload, shoot, hunt & fish. Also another refugee from Shooter's. See a lot of old faces here. I shoot 223, 30-30, 35 rem, <BR>270 win, 280 rem, 30-06, 300 win mag and load for all of them.<P>Best of luck....Cag

S
S
Hello, My name is Ed. I live in southern Indiana and work for a electric utility, I work part time as a hobby for a local gunshop. I shoot mostly large bore rifles, and have been reloading since the mid 70"s. I hunt deer in Indiana and Elk and Moose out of state mostly Wyoming,Colorado and Montana. I enjoy and learn alot from this site. Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hello,<P>My name is Charlie and I am a gunoholic. I can't help myself. If it goes bang, I like it. Except for one that some sly old posters whose initials are NO sold me, while I was under the influence of full scaled gunmania.<P>I really don't collect any guns, per se, although I do have a soft spot for nice engraved pistols, just can't afford many of them. I like to shoot whatever I own.<P>When I am not shooting, or posting on this computer about shooting, I raise Texas Longhorn cattle--want one or twenty?--and trade stocks a little. <P>I have shot almost all my life, and reloaded, mostly shotgun but some brass for about the last 20 years or so.<P>As my user name implies, I like to bird hunt, and the more birds the better. A hot corner in a dove field is about as good as it gets. I love to go to South America on humanitarian trips in order to help those poor grain farmers avoid the depredations of all those doves. Hard work, but we must sacrifice ourselves for others, sometimes.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey everybody,<BR>My name is Brock, im 16 and i live in Maine, i may be young but i do know a lot about hunting and fishing, since i have been in the woods with my dad since the age of 5 and fishing since the age of 4. well my favorite big game to hunt is the whitetail deer,and moose if i get a tag and my favorite small game to hunt would be either squirrels or patridge.<BR>I hunt with my Marlin lever action 35Rem. it packs a heck of a whollop in the brush. I dont reload but my father and i are going to invest in reloading equipment this summer as soon as we get a down payment on our Trophy Whitetail hunt to New Brunswick. well i had been here for awhile and i just thought i would introduce myself.. <BR>YoungHunter<P>------------------<BR> MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
S
S
Hello everyone.I just came over.Saw the name on Huntamerica,thought I would give it a try.My name is Darryl,I am from Elberton,Ga.Its the granite capital of the world.I enjoy hunting,fishing,camping and just being outdoors.I hunt with a 7mag,270,250-3000,243,223 and a 1100.I target shoot with a 6ppc.Looks like some very inteligent people here.I think I will hang around awhile.....Ss.... <P>------------------<BR>Florida by Birth-Georgia by Choice

Florida by Birth-Georgia by Choice
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hello,<P>I found this site more or less by accident from a post by Ken Howell on another board. Some of you folks will probably recognize my handle since I have used the same one on all of the various boards for a few years now.<P>I handload for rifles, handguns, and shotguns and have been handloading for about 40 years now. My current rifle cartridges are 45-70, 375 H&H, 30-06, 30-06 AI, 7mm RemMag, 280 Remington, 6.5x55 Swede, and 6mm Remington. My current handgun cartridges are 45 ACP, 44/44 magnum, and 38/357, and these are not likely to change anytime soon unless I am talked into having one of my 1911s converted to 38 Super. The shotshells I load are the 12, 20, & 28 gauge and the 410 bore. (Haven't loaded any 16 gauge in years.)<P>I have a fairly well equipped handloading setup and have an Oehler M43 PBL and M35P chronograph. From time to time, I conduct this or that experiment and will post the results that are interesting.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey guys, My name is Ben, I enjoy long walks in the rain, cuddling up to a movie on a saturday night, wait.......wrong forum! HAHAHAAHAHAHA, [Linked Image] but seriously, I am an avid hunter up here in Big Sky country, Montana...sophomore at MSU, Bozeman. I own a Remmy Sendero .300 Win Mag, Ruger M77 30'06, Marlin 444SS, Marlin Mod. 60 .22, Remmy 870 express 12 gauge, and a Winchester 12 gauge. Hopefully I will be adding a varminter to my collection soon, preferably a .243 or a 22/250, can't decide yet. Hope to get to know some of you.<P>--Ben<P>------------------<BR>God Bless and Shoot Straight

God Bless and Shoot Straight
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I guess I may as well add my name to the list. My name is Gene and I'm 64 years old. I've been hunting ever since I can remember. I'm from Lufkin in the heart of the East Texas piney woods. I enjoy hunting deer, hogs, squirrel and recently started hunting turkeys. I reload my ammo and fletch my arrows. I love photography as I'm sure you will find out. [Linked Image] I ran across this site some time ago and put it in my favorites. I'm sorry now that I didn't get back to it until yesterday.

Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.[Linked Image]
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hello. Yet another straggler from Shooters. My name is Larry and am 42 years of age. Currently living in Mead, Colorado....about forty minutes or so north of Denver where I work as a hydraulic mechanic; pumps, motors, valves, cylinders, and pnuematics. I enjoy both hunting and shooting. Species that I hunt include geese, ducks, deer, elk, doves, grouse, squirrel, and rabbits. Tried bear last year but couldn't find one. Used to hunt hogs in Kalifornia. I reload for rifle and pistol. Favorite rifles are a Weatherby Vanguard with a Shilen barrel in 35 Whelen; Win M94 Centenial rifle in 30-30; Browning A-Bolt 22 LR; NEF Handi rifle in 45-70; and Browing Auto 5 in 12 gauge. I have others but those are my favorites. If there are any Colorado members who would like a hunting/shooting partner, send me an email. LLawhonprodigy.net<p>[This message has been edited by Larry in Colorado (edited May 28, 2001).]

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hi,my name is Ray,I'm a millwright from B.C.To be able to hunt with my two sons in this paradise,is truly being blessed.We hunt mostly mule deer and moose.If you get a 30.06 you have no reason to get anything else,so keep buying 30.06s!

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
S
Hello, my name is Will. I live in Solano County, just east of the Bay area in California. I work as a Chemical Project manager for an environmental company mostly contracting to refineries and our anemic power industry. That is not of course where my heart lies.<BR>I am an avid shooter and hunter. I own many arms but he most frequently loaded for and shot are: .243 Win M100, .25-06 Rem Sendero, 7mm Sig SHR 970, HK USP .40, IMI Baby Eagle .40 and Ruger Blackhawk .357.<BR>When I can manage the time, I take my ATV with rifle strapped on my back and head off into the Sierras or foothills near Lake Berryessa to shoot varmints and be away from the mass populations of suburban California- Sometimes taking my two older boys on their bikes.<BR>I wish to thank all the fellow vets out their for their patiotism and execution of duty.<BR>Will<BR>HHT, 1st Tiger Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry regiment.<BR>Fort Bliss Texas/Op Desert storm<BR>1988-1992<BR>

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just recently joined 24hcf. I really liked the old shooters.com and hung around waiting for you all to come back. Didn't happen, so I'm a late convert. <BR>I'm a retired USG intel analyst with four grandkids. I didn't get into shooting seriously, beyond reading about it, until retirement and empty nest syndrome gave me the time to pursue it in depth. My gun safe now is in overflow mode now -- 22lrs to a .35 Whelen, mainly Rugers. I'm nutty over Ruger #1s in B profile. I reload for most of my rifles. I am currently raising a bird dog puppy and he keeps me from the range now but, by fall, I'll be in the woods after deer at every oportunity. My biggest to date is a 16 pointer atypical -- it may make Safari Club Gold. My most recent project is a Rem 700 V in .308 with a Leupold mil dot tactical scope. <BR>Rocco, the pup, is gayly chewing up the paper just out of reach, so got to go. 1B

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm Troy and "I shoot em!" then I eat em. I love wild game!! Grandad started teaching me to hunt at 6, "shoot em in the eye or we'll leave em lie" was his motto, "ain't takin' no gut shot home, spoils the meat!"
<br>Here in north Nebraska most everyone is into hunt/fish.
<br>I found this site looking for info to reload and etc, looks like I came to the right place.
<br>I've always hunted with 12 ga for bird, .22 LR or .22mag for rabbit and squirrel, and (believe it or not) a p.o.s. SKS for deer.
<br>That's because I hunt brush country where scopes and over 100 yard shots just aren't necessary. I stalk em.
<br>Some friends who guide in WY invited me to go elk and mule deer hunting next season and said I'd have to come up with a long range rig.
<br>Bought a wthrby vanguard in 7mm rem mag. custom bedded, trigger job. seller said sub-1/2 moa groups with reloads, I said "SOLD."
<br>
<br>I wanted a Lazzeroni..... but need my car.
<br>
<br>Having the ability to take a shot 250 to 300 yards and expect to make a clean kill is new to me.
<br>I generally close range head shoot everything (like I say, I stalk em) so velocity, trajectory, etc never much crossed my mind. That's why I'm here, to learn. So I probably won't pipe up very often, more of a listener.
<br>Looks like a great site!!! [Linked Image]
<br>Thanks!
<br>God bless America!
<br>Troy
<br>
<br>"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" Thomas Jefferson.
<br>

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Hello,
<br>I'm Frank Earley, from Orange County,New York (about 50 miles north of the Big City).
<br>I am retired,72, and started handloading on Sept.25,1948,for my new(to me) 22 Savage Hornet rifle. I keep pretty good records.
<br>I Post on several webites,including Shooters;I must be missing something,because I kinda like the place.
<br>I seem to like old guns,especially old Springfields. I did a lot of hunting with the 1894 Krag,and am loading up a bunch of ammo for it. Tomorrow, I take the 1884 Trapdoor to the range. I'm also a convert to the paper patch bullet. I got 2 deer with them these past 2 years in a 30/30 Winchester.
<br>Frank
<br>
<br>

Frank Earley
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I see that Frank and Troy resurrected an old thread...I just read through ALL of it and can't believe that I didn't post anything in it so far. Gotta fix that, so here goes. I'm the OTHER NY hunter here Frank! Except the occasional word from PA the north east isn't very well represented here.
<br>
<br>I've been hunting about a dozen years but as you can tell from my multiple questions in the reloading forum, I just started reloading.
<br>
<br>Thanks for all the help so far guys!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
Just hanging in the background. Have been following as much as possible. I'm from several of the boards and will probably be recognized by a few. Don't post as much as I used to, but still like to read and try to keep up.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Sandhill
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 69 invisible), 16,748 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,185
Posts18,543,300
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.