Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The back half of one of our pastures is timber and loaded with deer
Several years ago I figured out to drive my wife’s truck when driving over there to hunt
The deer don’t give it a second look
She is over there every few days checking cows
Last night after finishing the corn field we wnt back for her truck and there were 5 deer feeding around it

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Portable deer stand.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Na I don’t hunt from the truck unless it’s really really cold.
Bu I have parked the combine and sat on the roof
In the evening if I’m picking corn down on the river bottom

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same with logging equipment.

Guys that work in the woods logging say they see deer all day long…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Portable deer stand.

With a heater…😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

M
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Same with logging equipment.

Guys that work in the woods logging say they see deer all day long…

I think the best buck call made is produced by Stihl

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I got to hunt on a ranch down in South Texas once and none of us were seeing any deer at all. I got to talking with one of the Mexican ranch hands who spoke very little english but was thankful that I offered him cold beers. He suggested I grab the ice chest and jump in his truck and ride around with him. We rode around the ranch in that old rattle trap truck drinking beer with mariochi music blaring from the radio. We saw animals everywhere we went. The deer on that place were used to him driving around there every day and were not bothered by the sound of his truck. They got shot at from every other motor vehicle that was on or came on that ranch. If you were in any other vehicle on that ranch the deer would hear them coming and disappear. Needless to say I became good friends with old Mr. Canales and the next time I was fortunate enough to be invited to the ranch I showed up with extra beer and some food and other goodies for his wife. He would take me out in his truck and we always saw deer. The landowner accused me of being the luckiest hunter he has ever known. I never told him that Mr. Canales was taking me out on the ranch. The deer learn what is dangerous and what is not.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Mohawk
I got to hunt on a ranch down in South Texas once and none of us were seeing any deer at all. I got to talking with one of the Mexican ranch hands who spoke very little english but was thankful that I offered him cold beers. He suggested I grab the ice chest and jump in his truck and ride around with him. We rode around the ranch in that old rattle trap truck drinking beer with mariochi music blaring from the radio. We saw animals everywhere we went. The deer on that place were used to him driving around there every day and were not bothered by the sound of his truck. They got shot at from every other motor vehicle that was on or came on that ranch. If you were in any other vehicle on that ranch the deer would hear them coming and disappear. Needless to say I became good friends with old Mr. Canales and the next time I was fortunate enough to be invited to the ranch I showed up with extra beer and some food and other goodies for his wife. He would take me out in his truck and we always saw deer. The landowner accused me of being the luckiest hunter he has ever known. I never told him that Mr. Canales was taking me out on the ranch. The deer learn what is dangerous and what is not.

Smart man!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.