Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have used Danner since I was a Marine in the late 80s and several Lacrosse boots, but I bought a set of Crispis and love them. Worth every penny.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't own a pair of boots designed and sold as hunting boots. I've worn a decent quality uninsulated hiking boot for years. Even in snow and temps in single digits. I wear gaiters in snow and wet conditions.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I’m liking these new Croc cowboy boots . The spurs come in handy when I’m riding a fat chick and when I’m not I can take them off so they don’t snag stuff. The holes are perfect for custom jibbitz to commemorate my conquest, kinda a record book of sorts! 😉

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Unless of course you mean hunting animals, then I just wear some old cowboy boots.

Last edited by LBP; 11/12/23.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
10Glocks: Danner "Elk Hunters" for much of my late season (cold but not much snow) Hunting.
I use Danner "Antelope Hunters" for early season archery Elk and then Rifle Antelope seasons.
Late season deeper snow calls for my Schnees Pack-Boots with "Thinsulate" liners and rubber "hob-nails".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Got some Danner Sharptails for this year’s pheasant hunt. They were outstanding!

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve always prided myself in what I thought were quality boots. But when I bought a pair of second hand Schnee’ s bear tooth off of a member here, it was blatantly obvious I have been wrong all those years. That’s all I’ll ever buy from now on.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Crispis are my favorite
Kenetrex are a close second

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For the past week it’s been Schnee’s Hunters because I’m visiting “up home” where it’s cold, wet, rough ground, and we don’t have venomous reptiles. When I’m back “down home” in the South Carolina Low Country it’s Irish Setter lace up snake boots which have proven to be very comfortable and give good support.

Mathew 22: 37-39

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Most quick things around the farm, basic Muck Boots.

Muck boots are actually something I don't mind hiking in as long as it isn't sheep kind of country. My feet don't sweat too much and maybe that is why.
I am talking about true muck boots from Muck Boot Company, not Grundens or Xtratufs. They have plenty of ankle support. I packed a moose about a mile through typical moose swampy habitat in them this year and a caribou nearly 3 miles on North Slope tussocks. I have put ~15 miles on them in a day before without issue.

My feet sweat in the Mucks if I wear them all day. Learned from 24HCF, hockey liner socks, under a pair of thick Darn Tuff over the calf socks. Swap out socks and insoles each day to let them dry. Have not done 15 miles in a day. But have done 5-7 miles between 10k-12k during Colorado second rifle. More secure footing with the Lowas. But no discomfort with the Mucks.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Han Wag and Crispi’s fit right and are very comfortable!

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I wear 2 pairs of Russells. a light uninsulated birdshooter and an insulated mountain boot, or Lacrosse burleys

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Meindl Vakuum (Cabelas Denali) from frequent upland game and deer on the dry and/or snowy prairie to elk or deer hunting in the mountains.

I rarely hunt stationary and adjust warmth with different socks. Non-insulated boots are just fine for me w/ambient temps @ zero when I'm ambling along through cover behind the dog.

About a month ago I bought a set of Schnees Timberline while they were on sale. I'm still breaking them in, I only have about 7-8Mi on them but I believe they're also going to fulfill my needs.

When it's deep and/or wet snow I wear 13" Schnees Hunter II's.

For Ice Fishing I wear Muck Arctics.

Boots and gloves are the 2 hardest things to take/give recommendations for IMO. "Comfort" is so subjective, especially warmth.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
If I have creeks to cross, I wear dryshod boots. Belleville with the liner if it's not too cold. Lacrosse 2000 gram thinsulate boots for late season cold

Last edited by thumbcocker; 11/13/23.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I used to have a dedicated "hunting boots" but most of them are uncomfortable and make my feet sweat. Then they get cold. I've been using hiking boots. They've much more comfortable than any hunting boot I had and my feet stay warmer. Combination of better ventilation and better boots period. Crispi is probably my next pair.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Early season archery, I am wearing Danners (former USMC combat) boots, Alpha burlys, Schnees and Hoffman pacs in the cold.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a pair of Crispi's and they have been great. The most comfortable I have had over the years.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I have two pair of Kenetrek boots. Hardscrabble hikers and mountain extreme and a pair of zamberlan.

The comfort nod goes to the zamberlan only because they are a touch wider in the toe box

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Where?

What's your foot width?

Steep terrain,side-hilling? Kenetreks, for my narrow foot.

Flat land bird hunting? Danner sharptails.

Dry field duck hunt or marshy pheasant? Muck boots

Wetland duck hunting? Breathable waders.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I like her boots! 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Where I used to hunt, it was steep and rocky, and good tough boots were a must. I have a pair of all leather Brownings with all the bells and whistles. They have served me well. They kept me from spraining and ankle or sliding down a draw many times.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.