Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wildthang
$65,000 if any of you girls want it.
125,000mi on Ddec 2 60 series.

Not a fan of the 9 speed myself but a good looking truck. Was he double clutching or floating? Wondering on the clutch brake....

What did you use it for? End Dump? (Wet kit)

Betting you get pretty close to that 65k - K100's with a tasteful stretch have a following.

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by wildthang
So I’m trying to sell my old cabover and I had this kid from mt call me last week.
Homie sounds super professional on the phone, talking all this “my family runs 10k head of cattle” ish.
I let him beat me down to my bottom dollar and hold the truck a week, turning away potential buyers because he says “I want you to consider it sold”
He shows up, we go for a test drive.
I drive it 5 miles into town, pull into the gas station and let him drive it back.
In 5 miles we have to completely stop twice for him to clutch it back into first because he can’t shift a freaking semi.
I was right on the edge of being like “hold up pard, I’m taking back over.”
He didn’t end up buying the truck.
Which in some ways is a relief because when I asked “do you know the pattern for a 9 speed?” And he said “no” I was really wondering how tf he would make it back to Montana.

Come on Montana, you can do better.
Cowboy my ass.
Where are these western boys at when they say they’re doing all this and all that?

Are truck drivers Cowboys?

🤔

I can’t speak for everywhere, but around here they are mostly dumbazzes.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by hanco
Only Texans can drive trucks

Lol, Until the first snow😂

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by hanco
Only Texans can drive trucks

Lol, Until the first snow😂
This ^^^
ROFLOL

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Back in '73 I'd sometimes get stuck with a 3 axel Mack COE with 290 hp Maxidyne, and 5 speed Maxitorque. They don't drive like most trucks, not pulling a heavy load of machinery anyway. It drove really good and was a comfortable truck to drive... but there was no skipping gears and it was always a slow start, by 3rd gear it would finally start to move a little. Pulling out into traffic was always a bitch. Play your RPM just right and you'd usually be able to get by shifting without using the clutch, but flub it, or in down shifting you'd better be prepared to double clutch it, otherwise it would just not go in. Weight wise, it didn't matter if you were empty or had it loaded to 80k. On a hill you had to just figure on taking your time and just leaving it in 3rd going down...

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I live in Montana and have driven a 5 speed... so suck it O.P.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Back in '73 I'd sometimes get stuck with a 3 axel Mack COE with 290 hp Maxidyne, and 5 speed Maxitorque. They don't drive like most trucks, not pulling a heavy load of machinery anyway. It drove really good and was a comfortable truck to drive... but there was no skipping gears and it was always a slow start, by 3rd gear it would finally start to move a little. Pulling out into traffic was always a bitch. Play your RPM just right and you'd usually be able to get by shifting without using the clutch, but flub it, or in down shifting you'd better be prepared to double clutch it, otherwise it would just not go in. Weight wise, it didn't matter if you were empty or had it loaded to 80k. On a hill you had to just figure on taking your time and just leaving it in 3rd going down...

Phil
5 speed transmission and you wanted to skip gears? How farking lazy are you?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If you could read, you'd see that I said that there was no skipping gears as is possible in most trucks... and I'm perfectly able to know when to skip gears and when not to... not like some of you [bleep] that think you have to go through every gear on a downhill run with an 18 speed, and grinding gears all the way down and wind up smoking the breaks just trying to catch one. I've driven more types and combinations than you'd be able to contemplate.

Phil

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you could read, you'd see that I said that there was no skipping gears as is possible in most trucks... and I'm perfectly able to know when to skip gears and when not to... not like some of you [bleep] that think you have to go through every gear on a downhill run with an 18 speed, and grinding gears all the way down and wind up smoking the breaks just trying to catch one. I've driven more types and combinations than you'd be able to contemplate.

Phil
Translation: One summer break from college Phyllis worked for his uncle’s landscaping company and hauled dirt and railroad ties around town.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
(lol), my college was the Army fool, and, I had been driving trucks for about 3 years before going in, and about 45 years after getting out, last ten was driving and operating crane's too... I have worked for landscapers, I one time had to haul a 18' boxed Oak Tree, standing up with a 50' crown. It was illegal to cut them down at the time, so it had to be moved. And I have planted hundreds of palm trees, along with dozens of missiles, radar arrays, and moved aircraft. But most of my work was just plain moving machines (and plant moves) for nearly every aircraft plant and military base on the west coast. But also had to disassemble, load, haul, unload, and reassemble the machines. Had clearances at all of them including Edwards. Worked at the nuclear plants and moved and closed down power plants, steel mills, rubber plants, chemical plants, newspapers, and dairy's... and helped construct every freeway in Southern California.

So, Translation, it was a bit longer than one summer break... and over all those years. It was a hell of a lot better than being cooped up in some office building answering phones all day...

Phil

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I "tried" to drive two semi-tractors in the mid 1980's, 40 years ago. Both were friends that bought new trucks, and insisted I drive them. Both times were maybe a 20 minute drive to the next town, about 10 miles away and come back.

I forget how many speeds the trans were. But I DO remember they were not syncro-trans. Grew up and learned on a stick shift car, so the clutch operation was fine.

I SUCKED bigtime. Felt bad for grinding their gears. No desire left. I'm sure more time and I could pick it up.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Phil
And if you could read, I implied you were a lazy-ass crybaby cause you had to shift four times, but only wanted to shift twice.

And if you think skipping gears, or shifting at all on a down grade, is the right way to drive a truck, you're stupid as well as lazy.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
(lol), my college was the Army fool, and, I had been driving trucks for about 3 years before going in, and about 45 years after getting out, last ten was driving and operating crane's too... I have worked for landscapers, I one time had to haul a 18' boxed Oak Tree, standing up with a 50' crown. It was illegal to cut them down at the time, so it had to be moved. And I have planted hundreds of palm trees, along with dozens of missiles, radar arrays, and moved aircraft. But most of my work was just plain moving machines (and plant moves) for nearly every aircraft plant and military base on the west coast. But also had to disassemble, load, haul, unload, and reassemble the machines. Had clearances at all of them including Edwards. Worked at the nuclear plants and moved and closed down power plants, steel mills, rubber plants, chemical plants, newspapers, and dairy's... and helped construct every freeway in Southern California.

So, Translation, it was a bit longer than one summer break... and over all those years. It was a hell of a lot better than being cooped up in some office building answering phones all day...

Phil
If you hadn't been a whiny, lazy idiot, maybe you could have kept a job. But at least you have "experience" in a lot of different areas.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Ran manuals of various configurations for years before gradually switching to automatic tri axles a few years back and am damn good with that decision! Benefits far outweigh the negatives and we wont be switching back! There is a reason that last I heard over 90% of new rigs are being produced with Auto transmission.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Phil

Ok, last question: Can men get pregnant?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
So, we know a bunch of stuff about you... you can't read, have no reading comprehension, and have never driven a truck. As to being lazy, most of my workdays were between 12 to 16 hours. As to moving machinery, you work for a moving company and do the jobs they send you to. Some jobs lasted months, some just a few hours. I've had day's moving two to three truckloads of machinery (that's loading, hauling, and placing) on multiple sites driving 300 to 400 miles in a day. I've had jobs where I went more than 30 hours straight. That was the nice thing about moving machinery, always doing something different. Some days it required machining parts, some day's welding, and some days wolrking in the shop on the equipment.

Stupid, well you are one fantastic damn fool, period.

Phil

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So, we know a bunch of stuff about you... you can't read, have no reading comprehension, and have never driven a truck. As to being lazy, most of my workdays were between 12 to 16 hours. As to moving machinery, you work for a moving company and do the jobs they send you to. Some jobs lasted months, some just a few hours. I've had day's moving two to three truckloads of machinery (that's loading, hauling, and placing) on multiple sites driving 300 to 400 miles in a day. I've had jobs where I went more than 30 hours straight. That was the nice thing about moving machinery, always doing something different. Some days it required machining parts, some day's welding, and some days wolrking in the shop on the equipment.

Stupid, well you are one fantastic damn fool, period.

Phil
Waaaah, waaah! I had to shift 4 times. Waaaaaaaaaaah.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The the only shifting Geyghost has done is to shift his brain into neutral.... years ago

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I doubt you even know how to put your scooter in drive...

Phil

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,831
Posts18,517,019
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.