C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Again. That's retarded. Theres no such thing as "evil" for one. And, I'm already as high as you can go so when do I get to learn the dark arts?

As high as you are allowed to go .....

Think hard about that...

Were you ever a Mason?

Houston: were you ever old Toot? Idiot.

Last edited by cfran; 11/19/23.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Sorry but I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions and not pawning them off on a perfect person that absolutely doesn't deserve it, all in the name of not being able to help myself because I'm being tempted by invisible forces.
That's a pretty weird thing to say.
Is that what you think Christianity is about?
I do now. I used to be a Christian, raised all my life as such until I decided to take the perspective of an outside observer and come up with my own conclusions because like most people, I was indoctrinated into the belief. I now see it as a crutch and it sounds completely weird being objective. Demons, dragons, devil, angels, a God that loves you so much that he created a hell even knowing that the majority of his creation would end up there. I believe in a God, but not a God that's obsessed with blood, sacrifices and worship. But my opinion doesn't have to be anyone else's.

But it aligns with what others have been saying about the Masons, and you made their point for them.

MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Sorry but I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions and not pawning them off on a perfect person that absolutely doesn't deserve it, all in the name of not being able to help myself because I'm being tempted by invisible forces.
I do now. I used to be a Christian, raised all my life as such until I decided to take the perspective of an outside observer and come up with my own conclusions because like most people, I was indoctrinated into the belief. I now see it as a crutch and it sounds completely weird being objective. Demons, dragons, devil, angels, a God that loves you so much that he created a hell even knowing that the majority of his creation would end up there. I believe in a God, but not a God that's obsessed with blood, sacrifices and worship. But my opinion doesn't have to be anyone else's.

But it aligns with what others have been saying about the Masons, and you made their point for them.
How so? Because I'm personally no longer a Christian and don't believe in supernatural bullshìt?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

How so? Because I'm personally no longer a Christian and don't believe in supernatural bullshìt?

Do you consider The Grand Architect of The Universe and His Creation as supernatural bullscchitt?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Look, I'm not dogpiling on the Masons. I don't care either way, but for them that claim you are "satanic" at worst, and unchristian at best you proved them right with your posts.

I am ambivalent leaning to supporting them myself. The Shriners at least do God's work with the hospitals and no-one can gainsay that.

MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Do you consider The Grand Architect of The Universe and His Creation as supernatural bullscchitt?
I believe everything is a sum of science and physics. Who or what put them into motion is who or what I consider as "God." What many think of as miraculous things in the Bible are likely nothing more than science and physics taking place in a form that wasn't understood by bronze age goat herders.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I believe everything is a sum of science and physics. Who or what put them into motion is who or what I consider as "God." What many think of as miraculous things in the Bible are likely nothing more than science and physics taking place in a form that wasn't understood by bronze age goat herders.

Fair enough. I appreciate your honesty.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is Jesus mentioned in any of the rituals?

Only GOD. Actually, belief in Jesus is left up to the individual. It's not a religion nor is it claimed to be.
Then why is God mentioned?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Masons are the Swamp.... Worldwide

That is the TRUTH !

In the USA we have political parties established to divide the citizens ... Democrats vs Republicans and etc ...

The politicians may present themselves to the public as Democrat or Republican etc ... BUT they all are members of the same club and kneel to one master who controls them ...

When a Mason tells you that they are a harmless group of fellows who gather at night to play cards or do good works for their fellow man .... It simply means he and those like him have not been accepted into real Freemasonry

These are the low level cucks who are not worthy, yet make the most noise

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swamplord
The Masons are the Swamp.... Worldwide

That is the TRUTH !

In the USA we have political parties established to divide the citizens ... Democrats vs Republicans and etc ...

The politicians may present themselves to the public as Democrat or Republican etc ... BUT they all are members of the same club and kneel to one master who controls them ...

When a Mason tells you that they are a harmless group of fellows who gather at night to play cards or do good works for their fellow man .... It simply means he and those like him have not been accepted into real Freemasonry

These are the low level cucks who are not worthy, yet make the most noise

Your sources for all of this?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Jesus mentioned in any of the rituals?

Only GOD. Actually, belief in Jesus is left up to the individual. It's not a religion nor is it claimed to be.
Then why is God mentioned?

Considered to be the creator. And Jesus not? Considered by many to be the Son of God but also not considered by many (non-Christians) to be the Son of God. As I said, Freemasonry is not a religion but belief in a higher power, whoever it may be called, is a requirement.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly.
The difference between this, current Progressives and Baal worshippers is about zero. Add in some charity (ripped off from Christianity) to make it palatable to the masses.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Considered to be the creator. And Jesus not? Considered by many to be the Son of God but also not considered by many (non-Christians) to be the Son of God. As I said, Freemasonry is not a religion but belief in a higher power, whoever it may be called, is a requirement.

I can see where this is relevant. The Trinity is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father, God, created the universe and all that is in it. He passed down rules and laws for living in the universe he created which is the Old Testament. He intended for man to follow those rules and everything would be just fine.

Man, being weak and arrogant revolted against those laws. God sent his son, Jesus to prepare a pathway so man could turn from his sins and enter the place God had intended for him all along, the New Testament.

The Holy Spirit is God’s influence on the lives of those who have accepted His pathway and are trying to live according to his moral compass. If a person has truly accepted Christ as the savior, the Holy Spirit is reflected in his life and people recognize that. They might not understand but they recognize there is something different about that person.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The difference between this, current Progressives and Baal worshippers is about zero. Add in some charity (ripped off from Christianity) to make it palatable to the masses.
Yep.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Stophel
Just about the only thing in which Catholicism and I are in agreement
The Catholic Church has had this right from the start.

PS The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

You mean to give Catholic men an opportunity to join an organization that is controlled by the Roman Catholic church. Freemasonry is beholden to no man, and the popes have had a problem with that for a long time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I cannot believe the rhetoric here. I am a Mason, Past Master, 32d Degree AASR. Number one the Masons is NOT a religion! Period! You must believe in a Supreme Being and only one Supreme Being, monotheism. Religion and Politics are forbidden topics in the Lodge. It would be kind of hard to plot to take over the world when you are not allowed to discuss politics. This two subjects are banned from discussion because they cause division. The Masons are a Fraternity of Good Men trying to become better men. It is not a secret society. The meeting places are clearly marked and there are sign saying when we meet. There are secrets but they are no big deal. They are just to separate us from non Masons, nothing more.

Christianity is a religion. I am a Christian. The main two beefs about Masons not being compatible with Christianity is:

#1. Masons say if you live a good life you will get to heaven. Christianity says if you believe Jesus Christ is your personal savior who died for your sins you will get to heaven. Remember Freemasonry is NOT a religion. You worship the God of your choice in the manner you choose.

#2. Taking an oath. Christians or the Bible in general says about not taking an oath to any entity except God. They are talking about taking an oath of allegiance against God. We take a lot of oaths. I took a few to join and re-enlist in the military, you take them in the courtroom. Sure Masons take an oath but they most certainly do not take an oath of allegiance against God!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The sin of Adam and Eve was the attempt to attain perfection without God.

The sin of Nimrod in building the Tower of Babylon was the attempt to reach Heaven without God.

Just something to keep in mind.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Since Catholicism is a doctrine of works and not Grace who cares
BINGO! ...... Spot on!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The Pope can’t be the one to do this when this is a Christian tradition that dates as far back as mystery cults/societies themselves.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't know squat about Masons, Catholics, Templars, or whathaveyou. I don't claim to, either.

I DO know some Masons, and some Catholics, and some Jews, even. And I know there are good and bad people in any gathering, even in Christian gatherings.

It's human nature, gather up enough people and you'll find diamonds and turds. That's the way it is.

All this squabbling about does no good to anyone, why don't we all try to find good things instead of bad, in all that we look at? It might be better for the whole world, and us in general.

Be a diamond, not a turd.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,684
Posts18,513,491
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.