Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by sbrmike
I cannot believe the rhetoric here. I am a Mason, Past Master, 32d Degree AASR. Number one the Masons is NOT a religion! Period! You must believe in a Supreme Being and only one Supreme Being, monotheism. Religion and Politics are forbidden topics in the Lodge. It would be kind of hard to plot to take over the world when you are not allowed to discuss politics. This two subjects are banned from discussion because they cause division. The Masons are a Fraternity of Good Men trying to become better men. It is not a secret society. The meeting places are clearly marked and there are sign saying when we meet. There are secrets but they are no big deal. They are just to separate us from non Masons, nothing more.

Christianity is a religion. I am a Christian. The main two beefs about Masons not being compatible with Christianity is:

#1. Masons say if you live a good life you will get to heaven. Christianity says if you believe Jesus Christ is your personal savior who died for your sins you will get to heaven. Remember Freemasonry is NOT a religion. You worship the God of your choice in the manner you choose.

#2. Taking an oath. Christians or the Bible in general says about not taking an oath to any entity except God. They are talking about taking an oath of allegiance against God. We take a lot of oaths. I took a few to join and re-enlist in the military, you take them in the courtroom. Sure Masons take an oath but they most certainly do not take an oath of allegiance against God!
Its religion, if religion it may be called, is the unbiased belief in the one living an true God.. sound familiar?

I AM AMERICA!
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bearbacker
. Freemasonry is beholden to no man, and the popes have had a problem with that for a long time.

Catholic Church, really all religions, is about control and lining their pockets.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
When a Mason tells you that they are a harmless group of fellows who gather at night to play cards or do good works for their fellow man ....

Ummmm.....
Drink coffee and smoke
Once a month we eat

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hosfly
I cannot believe the rhetoric here. I am a Mason, Past Master, 32d Degree AASR. Number one the Masons is NOT a religion! Period! You must believe in a Supreme Being and only one Supreme Being, monotheism. Religion and Politics are forbidden topics in the Lodge. It would be kind of hard to plot to take over the world when you are not allowed to discuss politics. This two subjects are banned from discussion because they cause division. The Masons are a Fraternity of Good Men trying to become better men. It is not a secret society. The meeting places are clearly marked and there are sign saying when we meet. There are secrets but they are no big deal. They are just to separate us from non Masons, nothing more.

Christianity is a religion. I am a Christian. The main two beefs about Masons not being compatible with Christianity is:

#1. Masons say if you live a good life you will get to heaven. Christianity says if you believe Jesus Christ is your personal savior who died for your sins you will get to heaven. Remember Freemasonry is NOT a religion. You worship the God of your choice in the manner you choose.

#2. Taking an oath. Christians or the Bible in general says about not taking an oath to any entity except God. They are talking about taking an oath of allegiance against God. We take a lot of oaths. I took a few to join and re-enlist in the military, you take them in the courtroom. Sure Masons take an oath but they most certainly do not take an oath of allegiance against God!
Its religion, if religion it may be called, is the unbiased belief in the one living an true God.. sound familiar?

Which part of you worship the God of your choice in the manner that you choose don't you understand. Freemasonry is not a religion; it is religious, but not a religion!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You can literally worship Satan himself and be a Freemason. I’d never even consider being in it!

Listen to the testimony of those who were also of the highest degree and then left it. They speak the truth and reveal facts the FM don’t want exposed or shared.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Two things, first is that the papacy clown cannot ban anyone from anything. Second is that Freemasons are adults and can go about their lawful endeavours as they will.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
You can literally worship Satan himself and be a Freemason. I’d never even consider being in it!

In Whom Do You Put Your Trust?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Listen to the testimony of those who were also of the highest degree and then left it. They speak the truth and reveal facts the FM don’t want exposed or shared.
False. We don't accept Satanists into our fraternity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith

Would you accept a Muslim?

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone

If he believes in God.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

If he believes in God.
And must pass a strict an thorough investigation And impeccable refrences and a unanimous vote... i might add respectively to remember the WM charge to the EA.. and not get lead into an argument with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it..

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Sorry but I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions and not pawning them off on a perfect person that absolutely doesn't deserve it, all in the name of not being able to help myself because I'm being tempted by invisible forces.
That's a pretty weird thing to say.
Is that what you think Christianity is about?
I do now. I used to be a Christian, raised all my life as such until I decided to take the perspective of an outside observer and come up with my own conclusions because like most people, I was indoctrinated into the belief. I now see it as a crutch and it sounds completely weird being objective. Demons, dragons, devil, angels, a God that loves you so much that he created a hell even knowing that the majority of his creation would end up there. I believe in a God, but not a God that's obsessed with blood, sacrifices and worship. But my opinion doesn't have to be anyone else's.

But it aligns with what others have been saying about the Masons, and you made their point for them.
How so? Because I'm personally no longer a Christian and don't believe in supernatural bullshìt?

Do you consider The Grand Architect of The Universe and His Creation as supernatural bullscchitt?
I believe everything is a sum of science and physics. Who or what put them into motion is who or what I consider as "God." What many think of as miraculous things in the Bible are likely nothing more than science and physics taking place in a form that wasn't understood by bronze age goat herders.
This is my belief also. ^^^ 👍 I've never been able to describe it as succinctly as you did, however. Thanks.
I'm curious what "religion" you consider yourself following.

FWIW, I am a Mason - not active in a looong time, but raised up as such while I was still in college.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 11/24/23.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Question: What might constitute a difference between Satan and Lucifer, the Light Giver?

Also, I am curious….. given your condescending comment regarding “goat herders,” I would assume you don’t hold Christians with much regard. Would a Christian not pass the “entrance exam?”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Question: What might constitute a difference between Satan and Lucifer, the Light Giver?

Also, I am curious….. given your condescending comment regarding “goat herders,” I would assume you don’t hold Christians with much regard. Would a Christian not pass the “entrance exam?”

Pick a fight much...and are you saying they weren't goat herders?

Does the Christian believe in God, and what is his character...you know, all the relevant info and such.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
- - -
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I believe everything is a sum of science and physics. Who or what put them into motion is who or what I consider as "God." What many think of as miraculous things in the Bible are likely nothing more than science and physics taking place in a form that wasn't understood by bronze age goat herders.
This is my belief also. ^^^ 👍 I've never been able to describe it as succinctly as you did, however. Thanks.
I'm curious what "religion" you consider yourself following. - - -
Due to my experience to date, this also triggers some curiosity. What does it mean for one to "follow" a religion, or consider doing so? What does a person "follow"?

Is this based on a concept of discovering a structure of principles/rules/beliefs set by other humans and deciding to adhere to those, or formulating those for oneself, or ???. Or, does it involve belief in a higher level being - one having beyond-human insight/wisdom/power - and subjecting oneself to the teachings/directives of that being? Or, some other trail to be followed?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If he believes in God.
If he's Moslem, he doesn't believe in God (even though Allah means "God" in Arabic, it's an imposter god).
https://biblereasons.com/allah-vs-god/

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Re: JSTUART

Well, you make me smile!

But, yeah, I do once in awhile.

Had a pretty negative job evaluation one time….was told that one of my flaws was that I had “no tolerance for “bullshit.”

Last edited by TF49; 11/25/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TF49

Satan is only Satan in the Bible, other times referred to as the devil. The term Lucifer was used to describe the kind of Babylon at the time and the church later used the term to refer to Satan (which it doesn't .) I was a Christian myself for 37 of my 40 years here on earth until I realized that Jesus didn't teach religion in his teachings. My use of goat herders wasn't condescending by any means. It was a reference to the uneducated people at the time that thought unexplainable things happening via science and physics to them were "magical powers of God" because they didn't understand otherwise. And people today still take those things as supernatural because it was written in the Bible. And yes, many of Christians make it into lodge as I did when I was Christian.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just want to set the record straight here. Yes Moslems can become Masons. The requirement is belief in One God, Period, no other stipulation! We don't discuss religion or what they call their God or how they worship their God. They worship the God of their choice in the manner of their choice.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just want to set the record straight here. Yes Moslems can become Masons. The requirement is belief in One God, Period, no other stipulation! We don't discuss religion or what they call their God or how they worship their God. They worship the God of their choice in the manner of their choice.

Now...if only the rest of the world could do that!

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 160user, 68 invisible), 3,121 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,752
Posts18,514,665
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.