Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Keep the pope off the Moon.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe 20 years back there was an exhibit came to town…..

The Treasures of the Vatican…. lots of riches and art works from across Centuries.

It absolutely made my skin crawl and I was raised Catholic.

OTOH I know and have known many, many good people who are practicing Catholics; my mom for example.

But I do distrust the Clergy, and that exhibit to me reeked of perversion.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Maybe 20 years back there was an exhibit came to town…..

The Treasures of the Vatican…. lots of riches and art works from across Centuries.

It absolutely made my skin crawl and I was raised Catholic.

OTOH I know and have known many, many good people who are practicing Catholics; my mom for example.

But I do distrust the Clergy, and that exhibit to me reeked of perversion.

The Catholic Church does many good things for mankind like their Saint Vincent de Paul centers for example and like you I know many good, practicing Catholics and they’re very disturbed with the direction this Pope taken.

The New Orleans Diocese has claimed bankruptcy due to claims against it for clergy misbehavior. Tithes and donations have totally dried up if the media can be believed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
The ban on Freemasonry goes way back.

The primary reason is “Indifferentism” (belief in any god is approved for Freemasonry).

Pope Francis is actually quite conservative, the press just reports what they want to hear.

One of the MSM’s big lies is “Who am I to judge” when he was speaking about homosexuality.

That is accurate as far as it goes. The church does not judges souls. The Church judge’s actions. Thus, homosexual acts are prohibited.

The Church is required by Christ to bring sinners to Christ. But the MSM never reports the “repent and believe in the gospel” part.

Pope Francis is currently telling some German Bishops that they cannot bless a homosexual unions.

BMT

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pope-francis-texas-bishop-strickland-b2445810.html

Originally Posted by Independent
This week, the Pope said that the church would allow transgender Catholics to be baptised and serve as godparents as long as it did not create scandal or “confusion”.

He has previously stated that gay marriages could be blessed and the church was “open to all” as part of growing outreach to the LGBTQ community.

Pope Francis has also spoken out frequently about climate change as a grave threat.

His approach has put him at odds with more conservative elements of the church in the US.

The pope is clearly not a man of God. He's a communist and nothing more.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aren’t the Knights of Columbus the Catholic version of Freemasonry?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
To that I would add the Catholic Hospitals serving the poor around the world. There are many unsung Mother Theresa types, both men and women, quietly laboring amid the poverty-stricken out there.

The whole celibacy thing always seem unnatural to me. Maybe too because back in the 60’s I attended a Catholic Middle School-level Institution taught by an Order of Lay Irish Brothers. Of the maybe ten Brothers, it turned out two were active homosexual pedophiles.

I was never a victim but the vibe was there. It is simply astonishing today what was overlooked back then.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
When I was about 10 years old, I told my mother I wanted to be a Catholic. She about had a fit and began hauling my young ass to the Episcopal church every week, whether my father got out of bed or not.

She never asked why. One reason was because my best friend at the time was a Catholic and had me convinced that only Catholics would go to heaven, everyone else would go to hell. The big reason though, was because another friend, a guy a little older who knew about everything, told me the Catholic churches had a lot of gold hidden in the back rooms and they had arsenals full of weaponry in the basements.

Mathew 22: 37-39

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Raping children and covering it up is forgivable. Being involved in a prestigious non catholic club is a sin. Interesting group of folks, they should unite with muslim scum and start a whole new religion.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
Just about the only thing in which Catholicism and I are in agreement
The Catholic Church has had this right from the start.

PS The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stophel
Just about the only thing in which Catholicism and I are in agreement
The Catholic Church has had this right from the start.

PS The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

I know 2 men that belong to both organizations one of which is a District Attorney.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The pope is a dope.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Winchester21
The pope is a dope.

I don’t think that the man is a dope. He’s riding herd over one of the world’s larger entities and lives in a fishbowl for most everyone to watch his every move and hear his every word.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

This is generally correct

The Knights of Columbus began as a men’s group in New Haven CT

Link: https://www.kofc.org/en/who-we-are/our-history/founding-and-early-acts.html

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
If I were Catholic, I'd ignore anything coming out of the current Kooky Pope's mouth if it wasn't scripture. That guy is determined to destroy the church.

There is absolutely nothing the catholic hierarchy could say that would be believable or interesting.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Since Catholicism is a doctrine of works and not Grace who cares

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think joining clubs or groups to be unhealthy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye
I think joining clubs or groups to be unhealthy.
I refuse to be a member of any club or group that would have me as a member.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Since Catholicism is a doctrine of works and not Grace who cares

That is wildly mistaken. Not nearly enough room to explain in this thread, link:

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/faith-and-works-0

Last edited by BMT; 11/17/23.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can Catholics take their kids to a shiner's hospital?

Be interesting to ask his holiness this.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve
Can Catholics take their kids to a shiner's hospital?

Be interesting to ask his holiness this.

Yes.

Catholic hospitals also offer services to Shriners.

Last edited by BMT; 11/17/23.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 46 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,662
Posts18,512,891
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.