Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Unfortunately, I (and maybe lotsa other folks) have come to view the Vatican as depraved and perverted over the last few years. I wouldn't do the opposite of what the so-called "pope" instructs without thinking, but I sure don't believe that this creep is a man of God. quite the opposite, IMO.
Ditto

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Amazes me to see the Catholics call freemasonry a cult. They believe and do a whole bunch of shìt thats not in the Bible and a bunch more that the Bible says not to do. Pray to the dead, ask men for forgiveness, hail Mary's, worship Mary, etc... And they have an empire of monetary riches like no other.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My father was a 32nd degree Mason, Scottish Rite, Jester and Legion of Honor! He always said the Knights of Columbus was a cheap imitation of the Masons!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Have the Mason’s started investigating pedophila?

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Pope should work on his own mess first...

Matthew 7:3-5

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stophel
Just about the only thing in which Catholicism and I are in agreement
The Catholic Church has had this right from the start.

PS The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

I know 2 men that belong to both organizations one of which is a District Attorney.
The institutional Catholic Church went bad after Vatican II.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Since Catholicism is a doctrine of works and not Grace who cares
That's stretching the Biblical definition of works. It's only works if works includes understanding the basics of Christianity, being a member of the Church (in some sort of way), accepting Christ, and being sorry for one's sins. I'm not sure that's what the New Testament authors meant by works, but I could be wrong.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sako76
My father was a 32nd degree Mason, Scottish Rite.
My mom's older brother (my uncle), too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
The Pope is a fuggin' commie

Yep, but with a far worse God Complex than most commies.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In this bull, Clement commented on the secrecy of Masonic lodges and the “host of grievous punishment” received when violating the oath of secrecy. The bull did not delve into many specific objections to Masonic practices but concluded, based on “certain knowledge and mature deliberations,” that “all prudent and upright men have passed the same judgment on them as being depraved and perverted.”

You could literally switch "Masonic" and replace it with "Roman Catholic priesthood" and it would still be true.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The reason the Catholic Church started The Knights of Columbus was to minimize the temptation for Catholic men to join Freemasonry. The idea was that this was a men's club that gave a similar kind of benefit to its members, but without all the problems associated with Freemasonry.

This is generally correct

The Knights of Columbus began as a men’s group in New Haven CT

Link: https://www.kofc.org/en/who-we-are/our-history/founding-and-early-acts.html
The big difference is the Knights of Columbus have bars in them. Masons don’t.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
The ban on Freemasonry goes way back.

The primary reason is “Indifferentism” (belief in any god is approved for Freemasonry).

Pope Francis is actually quite conservative, the press just reports what they want to hear.

One of the MSM’s big lies is “Who am I to judge” when he was speaking about homosexuality.

That is accurate as far as it goes. The church does not judges souls. The Church judge’s actions. Thus, homosexual acts are prohibited.

The Church is required by Christ to bring sinners to Christ. But the MSM never reports the “repent and believe in the gospel” part.

Pope Francis is currently telling some German Bishops that they cannot bless a homosexual unions.

BMT
Sounds like Plan Trusting.
C anon? The Papist are in control.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope, do you think he's a fool?"

Black Sabbath - 1971

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am a Master Mason and will freely admit there were things said and done in my 1st, 2nd and 3rd that I didn't like or agree with.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
not just the Pope ..back in late 70's early 80's .our independent Baptist preacher , at the church we went to when i was a teenager ,Use say FreeMasons was of the devil and we should not join them .to him you was taking an oath to someone other than God or something like that ..been too long to remember right .but he didnt like them at all and preached against them

NRA Life Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rem shooter
not just the Pope ..back in late 70's early 80's .our independent Baptist preacher , at the church we went to when i was a teenager ,Use say FreeMasons was of the devil and we should not join them .to him you was taking an oath to someone other than God or something like that ..been too long to remember right .but he didnt like them at all and preached against them

Errant preachers of all faiths have caused a lot of problems in this old world.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That is evident when ever a religion thread pops up on the 24HCF.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

yes and he sure caused a lot of un neccessary problems in our family between dad and us kids ,dad believed everything that guy said

NRA Life Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

yes and he sure caused a lot of un neccessary problems in our family between dad and us kids ,dad believed everything that guy said

Many of us have seen this happen. Splits families, ruins what was good friendships, etc.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (44mc, AB2506, 7887mm08, 16penny, 405winash, 35, 15 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,651
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.