Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I just wanted a good mil-spec trigger. The trigger that came on it was pretty rough. My AR is pretty basic. A two stage trigger seems a bit exotic to put on a base AR.

It is a good upgrade for what you want.

Calling the 2-stage exotic is bit of a stretch.

Well, they were on those exotic M98 Mausers, and M1 Garands, and the M1A. So you can see where he's coming from, right?

Seriously Bristoe - next AR - embrace the second stage, you'll like it.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I installed a this Bravo trigger group in my Bushmaster QRC because the factory trigger was kind of gritty. It's slickern snot on the doorknob.

I see a few Mil-Spec trigger groups out there going for $200+. But I don't see how they could be much better than these. I think some people buy those cassette type trigger groups because they're intimidated by the idea of fumbling around while installing a Mil-Spec type trigger group.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that these Bravo company triggers are as good as I need for $70. I highly recommend them if you've got a gritty trigger on your AR and you're looking to upgrade without hurting your wallet too badly.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-pnt-trigger-assembly-ar15/
Anything Bravo Company puts out is going to be good stuff.
Good outfit.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
How do they compare to a PSA EPT? I find EPTs to be pretty good for a mil spec trigger. I have several higher end cartridge triggers like triggertech adaptables in my hunting and accuracy builds but in my more rugged defense ARs I like the reliability and hard hitting of milspec type triggers.

PSA has them for sale right now for $39.99. A few years back they ran a lot of sales for $29.99. At that price they’re a bargain. I can’t tell a difference between the PSA and BCM ones. It wouldn’t surprise me if they’re the same ones sold under different names.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In fact, I've been seriously pondering getting one of these. I'll need to put a 3 prong flash hider on it, however.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Perfect for leaning in a corner and never seeing use.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by acy
Bristoe, if you can find an old Colt SP-1, grab it. Light weight, quite accurate and very reliable. Mine doesn't have the forward assist, but frankly, I've never missed it.

The forward assist makes them fully automatic and capable of shooting a much more powerful bullet...

I saw that on the news...

Who would you not want that important feature?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave
In fact, I've been seriously pondering getting one of these. I'll need to put a 3 prong flash hider on it, however.

Perfect for leaning in a corner and never seeing use.

LOL

It looks like a fun range toy to me. That's the main reason I want it. The standard buttstock and the triangle fore-end makes me believe that it would set on the bags very well. Also, Brownells sells a well made replica of the Colt 4X scope that mounts on the top handle. But they stay sold out a lot. I assembled a lower and put an A2HB upper on it many years ago. It was a tack driver, but heavier than I wanted an AR to be.

My 5.56 rifles get shot a bit. I don't realize how much until it's time to process my brass and load up another batch.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I actually like those A1 configurations too.

The airsoft I use for LARPing has an original A1 Harrington and Richardson lower with BCM internals and an 11.5” BCM upper.

I bumped into the same configuration with a Hydro-Matic lower the other day. The Cadillac. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

I am tempted.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-classic-a2-rifle.html

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed, I know the feeling,

Sons of Liberty has 30% off on a particular M4 platform,,,,,,,

I don’t need it, but I’ve added it and emptied the cart at least 3 times this morning……

#GETAGRIPKEN

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EdM

I am tempted.

That's a good price on an A2. As mentioned earlier, I assembled a RRA lower and bought an A2 barreled upper to put on it many years ago. It was a real shooter.

I think it cost me about $600 way back when--and that was buying a stripped lower and assembling it myself.

Tell ya what. I'll be very surprised if it weighs in at 6.5 pounds like the specs say. I'm betting it weighs about 8.5 pounds. That light barrel, short gas Bushmaster QRC I've got weighs in at about 6 pounds with aftermarket, lightweight handguards and buttstock-- and that's about as light as you can get an AR without getting all skeleton and titanium with the components.

Still, it's a great price on an A2.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
The PSA is an A3 upper with the removable carry handle. Not a true A2.

I suppose it's good to have the flat top option if you want to add optic.

https://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=277

GOA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by EdM

I am tempted.

That's a good price on an A2. As mentioned earlier, I assembled a RRA lower and bought an A2 barreled upper to put on it many years ago. It was a real shooter.

I think it cost me about $600 way back when--and that was buying a stripped lower and assembling it myself.

Tell ya what. I'll be very surprised if it weighs in at 6.5 pounds like the specs say. I'm betting it weighs about 8.5 pounds. That light barrel, short gas Bushmaster QRC I've got weighs in at about 6 pounds with aftermarket, lightweight handguards and buttstock-- and that's about as light as you can get an AR without getting all skeleton and titanium with the components.

Still, it's a great price on an A2.
Looks like the one EdM posted has the removable handle.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 1minute, 1234, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 163bc, 64 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,957
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.