Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by rufous
How can there only be 1 high and 1 low tide per day?

It's that way across much of the Gulf Coast.

Ok, but how? I am seriously curious. I thought tides were based on the gravitational impact of the moon orbiting the earth and that there were always 2 high and 2 low tides within about 24 hours. Please enlighten me/us. I am not ashamed to be ignorant and readily confess that I don't know everything about everything.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Ok, but how? I am seriously curious. I thought tides were based on the gravitational impact of the moon orbiting the earth and that there were always 2 high and 2 low tides within about 24 hours. Please enlighten me/us. I am not ashamed to be ignorant and readily confess that I don't know everything about everything.

I remember getting stationed in Galveston TX with the Coast Guard in 1987. It was weird to me to see twice a day high and low tides since I had spent most of my life on the Northern Gulf.

This explains how. https://www.tideschart.com/blog/tides/why-do-diurnal-tides-occur/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a hillbilly, I'm not qualified on tides.
That makes me 24hrcampfire qualified to take a stab at it.

Since the tides are affected by the moon, rotating roughly around the earth
in an east-west orbit, and a good bit of the Gulf beaches stretch East West,
the tides aren't as big as on North South coasts.

I guess.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I remember getting stationed in Galveston TX with the Coast Guard in 1987. It was weird to me to see twice a day high and low tides since I had spent most of my life on the Northern Gulf.

This explains how. https://www.tideschart.com/blog/tides/why-do-diurnal-tides-occur/

And in Florida, we sometimes have 2 and we sometimes have 4 Tides per day. On the west coast of Florida where I used to live we had more 2 tide days than we do here in South Florida.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/25/23.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I am pretty sure Paul never posted his mug in this thread,

Damn, where are my manners.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You 2 have the the purtyist blue eyes. But.

Quit posting that all over the internet. It's frowned on by those who lack pictures.

You're taking away their safe space where everyone is equal, even if they never do shit but shit post.

I'm a self-made, humble patriot. I don't lie about what I've done. I do what I do. Sometimes I post about it. Sometimes I don't. I've been all over the world and I don't lie about that, either. I will never count out to lying phoney, slick with memes, internet punks like you.

You, however are a two-faced rip off lying red face drunk.

Got it, drunk punk?

Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great post Paul. And thanks for sharing.

BTW, we have roughly the same results, Specks, Reds, Sheepshead, Snook, with a gold or silver spoon. Mostly all we use in S. TX. Thinking that's the same ship channel we have here. Same stilted fishin shacks too.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
Great post Paul. And thanks for sharing.

BTW, we have roughly the same results, Specks, Reds, Sheepshead, Snook, with a gold or silver spoon. Mostly all we use in S. TX. Thinking that's the same ship channel we have here. Same stilted fishin shacks too.

Did not know you guys had many snook in South Texas. I had heard of a few getting caught on the Eastern side of the state's coast.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I'm a self-made, humble patriot. I don't lie about what I've done. I do what I do. Sometimes I post about it. Sometimes I don't. I've been all over the world and I don't lie about that, either. I will never count out to lying phoney, slick with memes, internet punks like you.

Got it, drunk punk?

Lol.

I really don't care about what you claim to have done.

I was just commenting on you shit posting in this thread about "watery" trout and small red fish.

I figure anyone, such as you, who runs down a nice picture thread is just a envious low life.

The fact you have never caught anything better is just icing on the do nothing cake.

Posted pictures matter as anyone, such as you, can claim anything on the internet. With out pictures your just one more rando on the internet spouting lies.

I find Paul's pictures interesting because what he did is very different than anything here in Wyoming. When you call his catch small and "watery" it reeks of envy. I can smell it through the screen.

Any how have a nice evening being all sour and such.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The Louisiana marsh never ceases to fascinate me. It's a remarkable productive fishery with salt and freshwater fish swimming side by side with each other. I lost a small bass, let go quite a few undersized fish and kept enough for a mess.

These "camps" are nicer than my house. They are inaccessible by land. All construction materials get barged in.

When I fish this area, my primary technique is a two rod slow troll. The lagoon is only 4-5 feet deep in most places. Pedaling at a speed that keeps the bait just off the bottom is the trick. Pedal kayaks are the way to go for fishing and photography.

Speckled trout and redfish are the main target. Today was a first. I caught a sheepshead trolling.

What’s the slot limit now on reds and sea trout. I’m thinking of coming down in February to LA for reds. I miss the food of LA I went to Tulane

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the link Paul.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Got it, drunk punk?

Lol.

I really don't care about what you claim to have done.

I was just commenting on you shit posting in this thread about "watery" trout and small red fish.

I figure anyone, such as you, who runs down a nice picture thread is just a envious low life.

The fact you have never caught anything better is just icing on the do nothing cake.

Posted pictures matter as anyone, such as you, can claim anything on the internet. With out pictures your just one more rando on the internet spouting lies.

I find Paul's pictures interesting because what he did is very different than anything here in Wyoming. When you call his catch small and "watery" it reeks of envy. I can smell it through the screen.

Any how have a nice evening being all sour and such.

Unlike you, I don't "claim" anything. Just like in real life. You should try it some time. Might improve your schit reputation.

And unlike you, I don't get on the internet and lie. I didn't run down Paul's pictures. I like seeing them. I made a comment about the texture of trout. Which was not a lie. Completely from experience, and a lot of it.

If you knew anything about trout, you would know what I said was exactly true, as with anybody else that has enough experience. One example? A friend of mine and I caught 72 speckled trout in one night, fishing the lights around a bridge near Honeymoon Island. I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

I will always direct sourness toward internet lying vodka-nosed meme-slinger punks like you.

One other thing. Of all your posts ever on this board, I have never once seen you give anyone a useful tip or perform any act of generosity. The only thing you ever do is try to run somebody else down, feed your drunkass ego, sell overrated high priced guns, and blather neocon infected yuktard bullschit.

Now go back to your cot.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unlike you, I don't "claim" anything.

Except about catching 72 trout in one night but with no pictures?

A friend of mine and I caught 72 trout in one night, fishing the lights around a bridge near Honeymoon Island. I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

Instead of shit posting in Paul's picture thread maybe spend $100 bucks on a camera and take pictures of those "72" trout nights and do your own thread.

I can't say no one will be an azz, like you, and shit post in your thread but I can say it won't be me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Unlike you, I don't "claim" anything.

Except about catching 72 trout in one night but with no pictures?

A friend of mine and I caught 72 trout in one night, fishing the lights around a bridge near Honeymoon Island. I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

Instead of shit posting in Paul's picture thread maybe spend $100 bucks on a camera and take pictures of those "72" trout nights and do your own thread.

I can't say no one will be an azz, like you, and shit post in your thread but I can say it won't be me.

You're just a lying old fatass Rudolph red-nosed drunk. I'll post what I want to post when I want to post it. I don't take orders from a phoney vodka drunk like you. STFU and go back to your cot and vodka bottle and your overpriced knockoff rifles.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Alcohol use also triggers inflammatory cytokines, which cause the skin to swell. The combination of these elements can cause a flushed face and other rosacea symptoms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're just a lying old fatass Rudolph red-nosed drunk. I'll post what I want to post when I want to post it. I don't take orders from a phoney vodka drunk like you. STFU and go back to your cot and vodka bottle and your overpriced knockoff rifles.

Just to be clear we won't be seeing any pictures of your "72" trout?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Several years ago.. at night, you fat drunkass chkunt.

This is what you do. This is all you do. You come on here at nightwhen you're all drunked up with a vodka bottle in your lap and your big rosy red Rudolph vodka-nose. You're pathetic. Go get in your cot. I'll mail you some more of my farts.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is what you do. This is all you do. You come on here at nightwhen you're all drunked up with a vodka bottle in your lap and your big rosy red Rudolph vodka-nose. You're pathetic. Go get in your cot. I'll mail you some more of my farts.

Cameras have worked really well at night for many decades.

So again, you made claims but can not back up those claims.

So again, you just shit post in others thread because you're a failure.

It adds to the fun that you feel better getting your azz kick up around your ears if you pretend the azz kicker is "drunked up".

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Cameras have worked really well at night for many decades.

So again, you made claims but can not back up those claims.

So again, you just shit post in others thread because you're a failure.

It adds to the fun that you feel better getting your azz kick up around your ears if you pretend the azz kicker is "drunked up".

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

You still hanging around sniffing my farts, you stupid old coot?
No claims, you stupid old drunk Rudolph red-nosed chkunt. I did what I did and I don't have to produce pictures to justify it to your lying drunk Rudolph red-nosed ass. All you do is come on here and fugk up thread after thread with your vodka bottle between your knees. You want more of my farts, no problem. I'll mail them to you. Now take your vodka bottle and go back and piss your stinky old cot, loser. Be sure and come back with some neocon yuktard stupidity, too.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F(_)CK it, I'm all in on the Barnyard/Burnz 2024 ticket. Forget Trump, these cats know more about swamp living than any of those in deesea, so let's raze this country in style; spandex, cheap vodka, sheity guns, crocs and inconveniencing others with our own boosheit while waxing eleeteyesm ... It's obviously what our Founders would have wanted if'n ya can read cursive, so piss on all you haters! Barnyard & Burnz ain't no Bullsheit!

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1lesfox, 1234, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,817
Posts18,516,668
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.