Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You're just a lying old fatass Rudolph red-nosed drunk. I'll post what I want to post when I want to post it. I don't take orders from a phoney vodka drunk like you. STFU and go back to your cot and vodka bottle and your overpriced knockoff rifles.

Just to be clear we won't be seeing any pictures of your "72" trout?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Several years ago.. at night, you fat drunkass chkunt.

This is what you do. This is all you do. You come on here at nightwhen you're all drunked up with a vodka bottle in your lap and your big rosy red Rudolph vodka-nose. You're pathetic. Go get in your cot. I'll mail you some more of my farts.

Cameras have worked really well at night for many decades.

So again, you made claims but can not back up those claims.

So again, you just shit post in others thread because you're a failure.

It adds to the fun that you feel better getting your azz kick up around your ears if you pretend the azz kicker is "drunked up".

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

All I can say is, must be hell trying to sell some mediocre ARs to people who know more about them than you do. What, with all the decent manufacturers around that make their own parts to spec and put together some hellacious rifles. And the market flooded with excellent ARSs. Must suck to be you. Now bring on some more hate and start another thread war with your yuktard stupidity. What a fool.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have thought of getting a kayak for fishing on lakes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by las
That looks great!

Didja pee off the deck?

I just stand up and pee off the side of the yak.

Just like that?

Newton’s Third Law would have me overboard every time.

Great photos from a place many of us are not familiar with.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
Looks like a blast Paul love the multi-species aspect.

It's not unusual to come back from a marsh trip with 5 different species. Specs, reds and largemouth bass are the most common. Black drum, flounder, and white trout are regulars. The Sheepshead was a first from a kayak and my first ever on an artificial bait.

Yep, rare to catch them on an artificial, but I have caught them on Gulp scented artificial shrimp lures along with flounder, specks and reds.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Cool thread Paul. Looks like a great way to fish.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by las
That looks great!

Didja pee off the deck?

Just like that?

Modern fishing specific kayaks are very stable. When you add a pedal drive, they are even more stable. The "foot" of the pedal drive unit is heavy (weight beneath the surface) and it acts as a fin stabilizer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scotty
I have thought of getting a kayak for fishing on lakes.

You should. With the insane price of motorboats these days, they are beyond the budget of most people. I catch as many fish in my yak as I did when I had my motorboat. Granted, it's not a lot, but it's way cheaper to suck at fishing in a kayak. Another advantage is that you can put them in and access places that motorboats can't go.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I don't know what they're like in Louisiana, but here in Florida by the time you fillet them and cook them there's not much left because they have a lot of water in the meat.

The last one I caught in Florida while kayaking off a sailboat anchored at Cape St. George Island was big enough to make some fish tacos out of. We had pretty good luck that day & I thought those fish were similar to what I catch in Louisiana.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I really do like being down in the swamps & marshes of south Louisiana. But the last time I was working on a camp south of Houma in the sweltering jungle heat, I only managed to catch a single fish. No, that's not bait. That's what I caught. It was still a good day to be out there.

Usually we do okay...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Cool trip

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by las
That looks great!

Didja pee off the deck?

Just like that?

Modern fishing specific kayaks are very stable. When you add a pedal drive, they are even more stable. The "foot" of the pedal drive unit is heavy (weight beneath the surface) and it acts as a fin stabilizer.

What brands would you be looking at?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're just a lying old fatass Rudolph red-nosed drunk. I'll post what I want to post when I want to post it. I don't take orders from a phoney vodka drunk like you. STFU and go back to your cot and vodka bottle and your overpriced knockoff rifles.

This is what you do. This is all you do. You come on here at nightwhen you're all drunked up with a vodka bottle in your lap and your big rosy red Rudolph vodka-nose. You're pathetic. Go get in your cot. I'll mail you some more of my farts.

No problem catching that many schoolies when they're biting. We used to catch over 100 sometimes 200 or more in Baffin Bay back in the 70s on dead shrimp and popping corks. no limits on them back then.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by las
That looks great!

Didja pee off the deck?

Just like that?

What brands would you be looking at?

All of the USA made brands other than Pelican are very good. It's a matter of whether you want a propeller drive or fin drive. I have had both. I lean toward prop drive. A lot of modern fishing kayaks are huge barges that weigh over 100 pounds without the drive unit. That's a bit too much for my bad back and bad shoulder. I have a Native Slayer Propel 10 that is the lightest on the market. It's a wide stable kayak that's easy to move around. It's slow and doesn't track well though. It's great for what it is at about $2200. The one pictured in my post is an Old Town Malibu PDL 120. It's about as big and heavy as I'd want to manage. It rides great. It's fast, stable and tracks very well. The Old Town pedal unit is smoother and more responsive than the Native unit. At about $2000, it's the best value on the market in my opinion.

This is a pretty good read for anyone considering a pedal drive fishing kayak. It touches on some of the minor differences from brand to brand. Things like the rudder and pedal drive deployment and recovery.

https://kayakanglermag.com/stories/...ng-kayak-pedal-powered-olympics-testing/

These are made in Thailand. I bought one for my wife. It's pretty darn good. The pedal drive unit isn't as robust, but I think for the casual fisher, it should give good service. This particular model is not as stable as most fishing yaks. They took a paddle drive hull and altered it to accommodate a pedal drive unit. Initial stability is a bit lacking, but secondary stability is good. The rudder mechanism is kinda cheesy. They had free shipping earlier in the week.

https://waterwaysusa.com/collections/pedal-motor-kayaks/products/flash

I'd avoid Chinese made kayaks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter

No problem catching that many schoolies when they're biting. We used to catch over 100 sometimes 200 or more in Baffin Bay back in the 70s on dead shrimp and popping corks. no limits on them back then.

10 years ago, it was almost always a guaranteed limit of 25 per person in this area. It's been steadily worsening. That's why we recently adjusted the creel and size limits. I think the fishery will recover pretty quickly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks PB.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,798
Posts18,516,179
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.