Campfire Outfitter
Somebody stroke Burns so he can feel better about himself FCS

GOA

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Post up your video showing your skill set.

One of my skillsets is exposing morons for the losers they are. No video needed.

Thanks for the assist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Somebody stroke Burns so he can feel better about himself FCS

Thanks.

It's pretty kewl to know one is impervious to drone attacks.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

You girls got to get in a whole lot of range time to catch up.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/25/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Post up your video showing your skill set.

One of my skillsets is exposing morons for the losers they are. No video needed.

Thanks for the assist.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Cover yourself with cold mud and set booby traps?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

You're confusing body fat with body armor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Cover yourself with cold mud and set booby traps?

I watched a documentary film about just such a situation.

Getting to the "choppar" was also important.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski

You're confusing body fat with body armor.

T-72s don't have enough armour to be safe from drones.

I have the requsite shooting skillz, shown in video, to slay all the drones before needing armour.

Originally Posted by Strider 101
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Yes. A very good chance if you stick with me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From what I've seen in your handjob videos, there's only two things you can't hit.

Jack, and sh*t.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Many pharmacies ask you to prove your age because cough syrup contains "dextromethorphan." If you drink enough of it, the effects can be like alcohol and it can get you intoxicated.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the requsite shooting skillz, shown in video, to slay all the drones before needing armour.

Mr. Burns I think you are confused. Armour is the company that makes the potted meat you had for dinner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

The Dronebuster SNA that I talked about had some sensors that allowed you to detect the various RF frequencies that drones use. It also had directional antennas that allowed you to narrow in on the drone. There was an LED strength indicator that would give you an idea how close it was to you.

There is more that other companies were doing regarding electronic detection, disabling, and destruction, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Suffice it to say it's not that hard of a problem and it it actively being addressed.

Were the enemy to go beyond the standard commercial control frequencies, and standard commercial AV frequencies, (without violating NDA/US security clearance regulations) are there solutions to the issue of drone detection and disablement?

It's been years since I played with a quadcopter, and thus can't recall frequencies used (even if spread spectrum), but there weren't that many, and it didn't seem like any evil actors would be all that constrained when it came to control and/or visual feedback to the operator. GPS jamming and/or spoofing didn't seem like an insurmountable problem either. I"m thinking the latter is what the Dronebuster is using, if you can point it at a simple UAV and then point the UAV where you want it to go crash.

P.S. 200' seems about right. For a quadcopter... For a dedicated quiet power glider, make that a lot closer. Think owl quiet....

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 11/25/23. Reason: added additional info.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Many pharmacies ask you to prove your age because cough syrup contains "dextromethorphan." If you drink enough of it, the effects can be like alcohol and it can get you intoxicated.

LOL

Burns"ll Drank.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Were the enemy to go beyond the standard commercial control frequencies, and standard commercial AV frequencies, (without violating NDA/US security clearance regulations) are there solutions to the issue of drone detection and disablement?

It's been years since I played with a quadcopter, and thus can't recall frequencies used (even if spread spectrum), but there weren't that many, and it didn't seem like any evil actors would be all that constrained when it came to control and/or visual feedback to the operator. GPS jamming and/or spoofing didn't seem like an insurmountable problem either. I"m thinking the latter is what the Dronebuster is using, if you can point it at a simple UAV and then point the UAV where you want it to go crash.

P.S. 200' seems about right. For a quadcopter... For a dedicated quiet power glider, make that a lot closer. Think owl quiet....

There is a constant fight between electronic warfare and drone attack. It ebbs and flows much like radars and missles.

The latest drones have AI algos that the operater can select a target from a far range and the drone will attack that target through optical, thermal, lidar on board sensors and guidance.

You better have an active/kenetic means of killing the drone on the way in if you want to survive.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Steve
Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

The Dronebuster SNA that I talked about had some sensors that allowed you to detect the various RF frequencies that drones use. It also had directional antennas that allowed you to narrow in on the drone. There was an LED strength indicator that would give you an idea how close it was to you.

There is more that other companies were doing regarding electronic detection, disabling, and destruction, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Suffice it to say it's not that hard of a problem and it it actively being addressed.

The commercial/personal drones use 2.4 GHz and 5.8 Ghz for command and control. I'm not an RF guy but I'd think that it would be difficult to switch both the drone and the controller to different frequencies. But some inventive bad guy will probably figure it out once it gets to be a problem.

Cat and mouse.

They are spread spectrum. Think they are using QAM.

Can't say too much about how we did what regarding the GPS and CC, but getting the drone to go in the general direction you wanted it to was not hard once you had all your ducks in a row.

Jamming it to get it to land or hover is even easier.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Red, hot, jam. Anyone remember that moniker?

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
How about jamming the radio signal with possibly a microwave device. Or shining a laser at the drone. The difficulty would be to detect the drone before it zeroes in on you.
I just watched a video from Ukraine today. It appears both sides are using some kind of jammer but they have very limited range. It appears AI has also been programmed into some of the drones. Not quite like launch and forget and let the drone do it's thing, but close.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that ground wars should have stopped ages ago. You can do simple math on the resources and equipment each side has and know the winner before it starts. We could blow anyone off the face of the earth in a day. But we don't do that. We string it out for years and others countries do the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bufaf
All that skeet shooting over the years is finally gonna be useful...

It's possible that skill set might prove useful.

Lol, you shoot Clays like a faag.

If and when it comes down to a battle please stay home as no one wants you on the battlefield with them.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What about a miniaturized version of the Phalanx CIWS that would shoot 5.56x45 instead of 20mm ammo?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 338rcm, 2500HD, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,955 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,529
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.