OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I wanna parrot that’ll live 50 years and I’m probably dead in 10.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Many joint replacements don't live up to the hype. BTDT

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where I come from it’s cornbread and chicken

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A good friend of mine just last month got a new hip. He was immediately able to move around like when he was young, whereas he was using a cane leading up to the operation. Pretty amazing.

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Rehab Properly and You’ll be Good to Go ..

Problem is when you need a Replacement most are Far From being able to Put the Work In ..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Mine did. I was racing motocross 10 weeks after my replacement. My knee has taken a beating. No problems at all in nearly 6 years.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The quality of healthcare received has a direct impact on what you get replaced.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got about 24 months to get a knee replaced before my coordination of benefits flip flop and medicare becomes my primary.

Then I be getting with Dr Moses George Washington Elroy Jones or some chit from Fisk or Meharry College or Dr Bombay Abedneegro

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a.....
Fake left shoulder
Kevlar mesh in my gut
Implants in both eyes
Dacron ascending aortic graft
Fake Aortic valve (click click click)

Soon to buy hearing aids

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wife is 69 and just has knee replacement, she was working around house in three days, she had robotic surgery, absolutely amazing, cost her nothing on medicare. I had both mine done in same year three months apart, to have to pay one deductible, cost me 8-k out of pocket, they were so bad for so long I couldn’t wait for Medicare to kick in, mine was tough the old way of replacement, when they cut your knee out and throw it away the trauma you have is no contest to the new robotic knee replacement where you keep your bone and knee, don’t ever have surgery with a Dr. that still doesn’t do robotic, it’s got to be cheaper I would think too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus55
Wife is 69 and just has knee replacement, she was working around house in three days, she had robotic surgery, absolutely amazing, cost her nothing on medicare. I had both mine done in same year three months apart, to have to pay one deductible, cost me 8-k out of pocket, they were so bad for so long I couldn’t wait for Medicare to kick in, mine was tough the old way of replacement, when they cut your knee out and throw it away the trauma you have is no contest to the new robotic knee replacement where you keep your bone and knee, don’t ever have surgery with a Dr. that still doesn’t do robotic, it’s got to be cheaper I would think too.

Thanks for this info, I had an eval in 2020 and set up a surgery. “Covick” cancelled elective procedures. They we still devising the leg saw bone like you described. Would think Vanderbilt would be doing new innovations.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got about 24 months to get a knee replaced before my coordination of benefits flip flop and medicare becomes my primary.

Then I be getting with Dr Moses George Washington Elroy Jones or some chit from Fisk or Meharry College or Dr Bombay Abedneegro

Dude

Maasai Warriors are the Worst Surgeons anywhere on the Planet..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ve had both knees done and it made a big difference for me.Both of my feet are held together with pins and screws and stainless steel bolts.I was in a cast all summer,i only started walking around again ,unaided , Nov. 1st.
Without all this,i wouldn t be able to walk at all.I m very glad to be a Bionic Boomer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My shoulder didn't.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No replacements. Several cortisone shots, and torn menaces surgery.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope they keep advancing.

Inoperable miniscule root tear.
"It's extruding out of the joint" is what the Doc said last winter.
Doesn't hurt near as bad.......I'm hoping it's getting better.

But the fear is the clock is ticking.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Both knees replaced same surgery 02/14/2020. Medicare w Plan N supplement. ZERO COST! Dallas Orthopedic Surgeons. If surgeon accepts Medicare Assignment for first knee, second is half-rate, if done simultaneously. Few are candidates for bi-lateral replacements. Two surgeons, two teams, one surgery, one anesthesia, one hospitalization, one recovery. I was walking later the same day. Covid was inbound to the Surgical Hospitals and they got me out of there in two days. Amazing results.

Last edited by gkt5450; 11/26/23. Reason: Sp

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

My shoulder didn't.

Yep, mine either, and the surgeon is suppose to be the best. He takes care of all the Olympic Athletes. Statistics show 40 % if TKR are still in pain the following year. Read it in doctors office in a medical journal.

Wait until arthritis settles into all those replacements.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It’s how you live after replacing joints too, I ride Harley’s, 4 wheeler’s in pasture everyday, work on stuff on ladders, in and out of tall tractors, but the most dangerous is working cattle, I am cautious now, try to keep some kind of gate or something between big calf’s and knees, but you cow men know you still have to get that knee up there ass and pull that tail over their back to make them load up, can’t imagine a ripped out metal knee and having it fixed, be careful men we only get a few fixes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Now someone just needs to invent a replacement brain and many of society’s most pressing boomerproblems would be solved.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Probably would not need replacements if we led more sedimentary life.

Starting mule colts, pulling a pack string, loading heavy packs, shoeing horses and mules, bucking bales, cutting fire wood with out a chainsaw, just about everything connected with farm life, not counting stupid bovines and those were not even my day job.

Try working in a steel pipe, 20 ft in diameter after a nuclear blast with full anti contamination gear, no supplied air, no lights except a head lamp and no lifting devices for heavy objects.

Yep the 2nd fix usually doesn't go well as the first. What doesn't break after fixing, usually another body part breaks down.

A lot of the "pressing boomer problems" comes from lack of money, not lack of brains. Many of us had to do with what we had.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yep, I have worked my whole life with hands and muscles, these younger generations sat on their ass , pussy’s couldn’t defend there wives or kids against any of these little punks running around today, I welcome a good fight.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Angus55
It’s how you live after replacing joints too, I ride Harley’s, 4 wheeler’s in pasture everyday, work on stuff on ladders, in and out of tall tractors, but the most dangerous is working cattle, I am cautious now, try to keep some kind of gate or something between big calf’s and knees, but you cow men know you still have to get that knee up there ass and pull that tail over their back to make them load up, can’t imagine a ripped out metal knee and having it fixed, be careful men we only get a few fixes.

Ladders will get you quick unless you never get complacent. A buddy of mine went to change a light bulb in his house, ended up with a half dozen pins in his leg, and was in a rehab nursing home for a couple months. He still limps pretty bad.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, what are the folks Gibert's age, seven?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, what are the folks Gibert's age, seven?

Too bad they haven’t figured out a brain transplant.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Unignore me Wabi. Gotta PM you about Happy Camper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (163bc, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,874 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,535
Posts18,509,902
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.