Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I enjoy hunting deer with my Dad or my wife or son. It’s mostly sitting and glassing and when we spot a shooter one of us will make a stalk while the other watches. That way it’s fun to watch for the observer and they can also tell what happened when a buck gives the stalker the slip.

For pigs and predators I hunt alone most of the time, though my son does tag along more and more as he’s getting bigger.

I enjoy hunting by myself and probably do so 70 percent of the time. But I do enjoy the time with a partner too.

GB1

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
O
90% of the time it’s just me 10% with grandsons way better with them but being patient is short they’re ready to go but that’s fine.Every year is better best guys I’ve ever hunted with

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Come and go as I wish, have hunted alone for the last 40 years

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I prefer hunting alone for big game.

Took a friend bowhunting with me once, he was screaming at me until I asked him, "Have you ever noticed how big a Moose's ears are?"

When bird hunting where stealth isn't mandatory, I prefer to hunt with friends.

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/08/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunt alone probably 95% of the time. The reason is simple - private land - and the owner is adamant that I not bring anyone else. At times I’ll hunt with him or one of his family, but thats kinda rare. They aren’t as interested as I am. They don’t invest time to scout or even practice with their weapon of choice.

If I travel and camp away from home, then I will have a partner or two along. We share the camp, the cost and the work. Its way more fun with good friends and family. Archery elk is much more productive with friends that can help call.

The private land is less than 30 minutes from my front door. I’m able to use my quad to access most of the roadless parts of the ranch to retrieve game.... that’s a biggie with me! I’ll be 71 pretty soon and try really hard not to have to pack game parts very far. If I need to I’ll process the game gutless and get that to the quad on my back.

I prefer to hunt alone, to be perfectly honest about it. I can go where and when I want. I tend to glass a lot and can be very patient. Have coffee, eat or take a quick snooze if that’s what I want to do. I pass up a lot of smaller bucks, because I’m aware of several bigger bucks living there - because I scout and spend a lot of time there. My friends eat tag soup more often than not and think I’m crazy....

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 47 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,642
Posts18,493,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.