-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Here is a pic I hope.

Attached Images

Life Member of Most Worthwhile Outdoor/Gun Orgs.
Uncontrollable Savage 99 collector
Hunter of everything that walks or crawls
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Put Me down for one!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the update Gary.

Bottom pic looks like the last of Mike's designs.

Top looks like a Weaver version but not sure how it attaches to the barrel in front.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TDLever
He also posted some pics with this but they were too big to post on here.

Welcome Gary. Pics on this site are best handlied with a 3rd party image hosting. I have used postimage and it is really easy, no need to regeister with them. I also see imgur used.

LHS

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Rick99
Thanks for the update Gary.

Bottom pic looks like the last of Mike's designs.

Top looks like a Weaver version but not sure how it attaches to the barrel in front.

Those images are out of date. Jay is changing the front strap to be like the original design.

IC B2

Those are the pics he posted last night. but here are two more that I just resized.

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 7.02.42 PM.png (94.66 KB, 233 downloads)
Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 7.02.13 PM.png (92.22 KB, 231 downloads)

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TDLever
Those are the pics he posted last night. but here are two more that I just resized.

Yes, they are what he posted but they do not reflect the final design.

D
D
Good morning everyone! Yes I was finally able to meet with Matt Cook to go over some changes and to make some addition changes to the 3D model. The two things that I have learned over the last couple of months after taking all of this on is that a number of machine shops will try to nickel and dime you. Everything from just changing out a bit in the CNC to simply just walking the part down the hall for a particular bend to be put into the part. The second thing that I have learned is that I went into the wrong field some 45 years ago. Anyhow, we have a few more changes in the CAD 3D that we want to make before sending the file over to our POCs at the machine shops for material and labor quotes. The goal is to have them do the bases and then any final drilling that will need to be made, Matt and I will do that on our small CNCs that we have purchased.

For the traditional Lightfoot mounts, we are looking to produce the base, the front dovetail insert and screws, and the rear ring screws. As much as I would have liked to be able to produce the rings and their height variations, it isn’t practical to do at this time. We are however going to explore that option at a later time to see if we can produce them and provide the one stop shop for everything that is needed.

For the new type of mount with the rails, we are looking at this time in having the machine shop produce just the base. The base will be similar to that of the traditional mount minus the front twist lock slot for the front ring and the rear cut out and screws for the rear ring. We will produce with our small CNCs a front and rear mount (Similar to that of a Weaver front for a 99) that will have 4 to 5 slots cut into them for scope rings and for variable adjustments and eye relief. We will drill and tap the base mounts for these small rails at our shop in order to keep the costs down.

I am still not at a point where I can determine a cost on the two models. I do know that the price breaks from the machine shops occur when they are able to produce more and a discount can be applied in bulk material orders. I will be looking at steel and aluminum quotes to produce the mounts. Steel will have to be the likely option because aluminum and other composites are inflated so high right now it is ridiculous.

Hope to have another update within the next few weeks.

Jay

D
D
Also. I don’t get on the 24HourCampfire that often. If anyone would like updates from me, feel free to email me at dandeerepgmail.com or feel free to call me at 540-660-2049

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jay.

I think I'll make this a sticky so you will find it up top and can just add to it as things move along.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B3

Don't presume to speak for Jay but here is latest post. As of today 02/03/24

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 4.38.59 PM.png (86.82 KB, 222 downloads)

Latest as of 02/14

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 3.13.12 PM.png (75.62 KB, 186 downloads)

Hey guys, just to let you know Jay has posted some more news and pics on his site on MeWe. Rather that me trying to copy them over here, let me invite you guys to join MeWe and Jay Wards group called Savage 99 Owners and Enthusiasts. See you there.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks for info on the MeWe group. Hate to see a 3rd group form though. Jay explains the reason for 2 groups on MeWe but it would be nice if they could be merged?

I'd be delighted get off FB altogether if more folks would move to MeWe.

Last edited by Lightfoot; 02/15/24.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Mike started his Lightfoot mount on here, I thoughts it should, have info posted here, myself and many others Don't do Facebook. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the mount I have! Iv not heard of MeWe before this.

Last edited by saddlering; 02/15/24.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by saddlering
Mike started his Lightfoot mount on here, I thoughts it should, have info posted here, myself and many others Don't do Facebook. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the mount I have! Iv not heard of MeWe before this.

Ditto. I don't do Facebook or whatever MeWe is. I'll have to get by on whatever second hand information is available. Hopefully someone will buy and install one when available and post pictures here so I can live vicariously through others. laugh

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
This is still my favorite hangout. The quality of info here is light years ahead of the others.

I'll be sure that Lightfoot 2.0 gets well shared.

I left FB several years ago when freedom of speech and posting went away. I then joined MeWe and haven't looked back and am also on several other sites. What I like about MeWe is we have the Chat option in real time, which makes it nice to sit and have a conversation with your friends all over the US.
I wasn't trying to end this venue, but just wanted everyone to have the opportunity to see all posts that Jay makes about the progress of the mount.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Keep all us Luddites, that don't do (anti) social media, informed.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering

If that is the one I gave to you, I am happy you still have it.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.