Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just bought a Wilson Combat rear sight for my new Python. Hadn't even planned to do that, but they were 30% off for Black Friday sale.

I'm pretty much stocked on everything. Don't really see myself buying much at all in the future. Maybe a couple dollars here and there to upgrade and make better what I already have.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I've always thought private gun sales were an accurate (if imprecise) barometer of the economy. Very little buying and selling from where I stand which leads me to think people expect an economic downturn and are hoarding cash. Gunbroker looks dead (as an example). Thoughts?

Thoughts?

You are a broke dick cocksùcking Biden supporter.

How do really fell?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
FIFTY+/- people have asked me to show basic gun chit in the past 6 months...

THAT is your GD barometer of an economic downturn.

Y'all?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Just bought a Wilson Combat rear sight for my new Python. Hadn't even planned to do that, but they were 30% off for Black Friday sale.

[bleep]! I paid WC full price less than a month ago. frown blush

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I walk through the LGS near me at least weekly. The traffic in there I’d say is less than half of what it used to be. And the traffic is not buying. The LGS owner says it’s terrible.
In my opinion, it’s the economy. Most people dont have any discretionary money.

Last edited by dale06; 11/28/23.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by local_dirt

[bleep]! I paid WC full price less than a month ago. frown blush

They are proud of them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Couldn't paint a more opposite picture. Shelves empty, prices are record high. 200% of presale estimate at an auction is common place.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by TimZ
I am noticing that some of us old collectors are all starting to thin the herd at the same time, and the younger generation doesn’t seem to be interested in What we have to sell, like sporterized Mausers…
what good is a mauser, sportorized or not, against the modern field of precision bolt actions and semi-autos?

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by aether_tech
Originally Posted by TimZ
I am noticing that some of us old collectors are all starting to thin the herd at the same time, and the younger generation doesn’t seem to be interested in What we have to sell, like sporterized Mausers…
what good is a mauser, sportorized or not, against the modern field of precision bolt actions and semi-autos?
$39 mauser's in High School are bringing $500 plus; that's pretty good!

Sporters are tools, Custom's are labors of love. But if you can't appreciate a Mauser, there is something dead inside you.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Pawn shop/LGS says pawns are booming sales are declining. There’s your indicator.

Seeing the same thing here, every time I walk in someone has soft cases of guns on the counter selling to the shop. I've sold a few myself. Musical instruments too, my lgs/pawn shop usually only has a maybe half a dozen guitars and maybe half a dozen amps for sell. They have a wall full and floor full now. Seeing a lot of nice watches also in their cases.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Notice the announcement "POLICE!" That's become standard for armed home invasion robbery. They want you to put your gun away while they break the door down.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SupFoo

I don't know but it seems like we hear this every year for quite a few
Kind of like EVERY home game U Of M has record attendance

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
No free money now sales are down but seem ammo bringing a good price. Took in 20 guns to auction house seems they are getting good prices still. January 1st. sell. Alot of M1, 30 carbines, WW2 bring backs. Most of mine are Marlins.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
FIFTY+/- people have asked me to show basic gun chit in the past 6 months...

THAT is your GD barometer of an economic downturn.

Y'all?

Interesting. Are these fifty people all people you know; or are they just showing up out of the blue? How many people typically contact you in a 6 month period to have you show them basic gun stuff?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012
I was in a LGS last Friday in Davenport, Iowa. The guy said that everyone is trying to sell but no buyers so the shops there have stopped buying outright. He said it was because Illinois has changed their laws so people were dumping guns.

One of the local pawn shop owners told me that they have more sellers than buyers coming in and have had to discount some guns just to move them. I got a good deal on a Winchester 100 carbine in 243 a couple of weeks ago from a small LGS, marked down from $600 to $400. Cabela's is still buying, but they don't pay very well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Little different here in Florida. Local shop is selling CCI SV for $20/box of 100.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just saw on the news where credit card defaults are up 15% from last year. Analyst said we are headed for a 'cliff' early next year. Basically what I thought would happen last year but never really materialized. I consider it a good time to visit the pawn shops.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aether_tech
Bring some of your modern stuff over here to the bench and we can probably answer your question.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by centershot
Just saw on the news where credit card defaults are up 15% from last year. Analyst said we are headed for a 'cliff' early next year. Basically what I thought would happen last year but never really materialized. I consider it a good time to visit the pawn shops.

I'm not surprised that the CC defaults are that high. The interest rates that are tied to the prime rate are in the 20%+ range and a lot of people just can't keep up with the high cost of fuel and food.

In June I got a 0% interest for 21 months VISA from Wells Fargo that I will be able to pay in full before the interest rate goes up. I have used it to buy some stuff that I normally wouldn't have, but 0% interest money is hard not to use. I'm sure that WF is hoping that a large percentage of the people who received this offer won't be able to pay it off in full before the interest rate goes up. They didn't make this offer out of the goodness of their corporate heart.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 51 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,552
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.